I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Park

I'm at home looking for places to work when there is a knock on the door. I get up and open the door and see Lindsay.

"Hey Lindsay," I said.
"You played me," she said.
"Bridal party?" I ask.
"Yes."
"I thought it was funny."

She sighs and i hug her tight.

"So it's just you, Taylor and Meghan," I said.
"What about Whitney?"
"She's be with Liam since Jade is in the wedding party."
"That's sweet of Ken."
"Ken likes Jade a lot."
"I don't blame him. It makes the most sense."
"Want to see Engagement pictures? I got them today," I said.
"Yeah. Your house looks super clean."

I look around and nod my head since I did deep cleaning in the two days that Ken has been gone.

"Ken in California?" She asks.
"Yeah. "
"You ever thought about meeting some of the other girlfriends and wives around here. I know you spend time with the Reeds because Tate and Mike are about the same age."
"I'm going to go back to work."
"Really? I thought you loved staying home."
"I'm looking to really just work when Mike is in school. Get me out of the house for a few hours and with other people."
"Makes sense."

I nod my head and smile at her. I sit down where my lap top is and open the engagement pictures then show it to her.

"You and Ken look really good together," She said.
"Aw thanks," I said.

She looks through them and turns the computer and I see she has one of my favorite pictures which is of Ken laying down and I'm sitting and putting leaves on his chest.

"How did you guys come up with this idea?" She asks.
"The photographer had to change battery or something and was gone for a bit and I got bored," I said.
"They are so good. A lot more than I thought there was going to be."
"We didn't take a lot of the same pose. That would have been annoying real fast."
"Very true. Any thought about what to do with them?"
"Not yet."
"How did Mike do on his race?"
"He did good. Got second place. He did the podium this time. I sent pictures to Ryan."
"Right. I was a little mad at you."
"Oh is that why you guys didn't come?"
"A little. Ryan wanted to get thought a little more training."
"Right."

I grab my phone as it rings and see its Ken texting me a video of him ridding. I put my phone down.

"Who was that?" She asks.
"Ken texting me video. It happens throughout the day when he's gone," I said.
"How long has he's been gone?"
"He left Sunday."
"When do you guys leave?"
"In two weeks."
"Two?"
"Yep."
"I thought Ken said it was going to be a month."
"He stayed longer and I'm not going to have Mike in the last week of class. They are mainly doing party things and not really learning anything."
"Have you talked to his teacher?"
"Yeah and she knows he's going to be leaving for the week. She understands."
"Where are you guys spending Christmas?"
"California at the house Ken has out there."
"Right."

I smile at her and get her talking about bridesmaid dresses she likes till I have to go get Mike. I drive to his school. I park and go to him and see him coloring and Ava is cleaning up. I go over and get his stuff and go over to him. He looks at me and I smile at him.

"Hey," I said.

He hands me his coloring sheet and put the crayons away with the help of Ava. I look at the papers and stop and see the teacher wants to talk to me after class. I go over to the teacher and she looks at me.

"So you wanted to talk to me?" I ask.
"Mike talked about having a bar in his chest to make his heart better."
"What about that?"
"His lying."
"But he's not."
"He has a bar in his chest?"
"Yes his chest caved in on his heart so there is a bar to make the muscles learn the right way they are spouse to be. He got it a few months after he turn three."
"Ok, thank you."

I nod my head and go over to Mike and he smiles at me.

"Am i in trouble?" He asks.
"No. The teacher was wrong."
"About my heart?"
"Yeah."

I take him to the car and look at Mike.

"Where do you want to go?" I ask.
"Chicken Nuggets."
"McDonalds it is."
"Great."

I drive to the closet McDonalds and get him out. We go inside and I order food and take him to a table. I sit down and grab my phone and see Ken Text me a videos and photos form today.

"How is daddy doing?" Mike asks.
"He's doing well. He has to cook and doesn't really like that," I said.

Mike laughs and lean his head on my arm. I warp my arm around him and kiss his head.

"He misses us," I said.
"You sure?"
"Positive."

I grab my phone and open the text message and scroll up to the first message I got form Ken today that wanted to know how Mike and Me were doing. Mike nods his head. I kiss his head.

"In three hours. I think we can video chat with him," I said knowing that's their lunch time.
"That sounds good."

I nod my head and text Ken that he has to video chat with me when he gets his lunch break. I kiss Mike's head and get up and get the food since our number was called out. I walk over and sit down at the table again and hand him his food and eat while talking to him about his day. Once we finish we go to the car and I drive us home. I get out and open the door and grab and backpack and hang it up.

"Can we go to the park and I can ride my bike," He said.
"Yeah. Go get change in clothes," I said.

He runs upstairs. I go and grab the bike and put it in the back and grab the gear and put it in the back seat. I grab my laptop and Mike comes running down and putting his shoes back on. We get in the car and I drive to the park that has tables and basketball courts but has walk ways so people can ride bikes. I go to the table under the gazebo and it down and get him gear up and he gets on and starts ridding. I sit on the table and grab my phone and start looking at wedding check list to see what we have to do next for the wedding as I look up and make sure Mike is doing well. I hear heels making me look and see Ava riding her bike and Rachel is coming towards me.

"Hey," she said.
"Hi," I said smiling at her.
"I normally don't see you guys out here," She said.
"Since school started I don't think we been here. He's ridding his dirt bike more and more."
"He rides a dirt bike? Isn't he a little younger?"
"It's the average age to start racing," I said.
"Has he race?"
"He had two races so far. He might race some during the winter months."
"Are you going to come to help?"
"No acutely Mike isn't going to the school for the last week of school."
"You guys are going on vacation?"
"Kind of."
"So Mike isn't going to be in the play?"
"Nope."
"Is he fine with that? Ava would hate to not be in it."
"He loves that he's not going to be in it. He doesn't really like the main teacher."
"Yeah Ava doesn't like her. I don't know how many days its Ava was being rude today always talking."

I laugh a little.

"I guess it works well that Ava always talk and Mike never talks."
"Yeah."

My phone rings making me grab it and see its Ken telling texting me another video. I send him a picture of Mike and put my phone down.

"Sorry about that," I said.
"It's fine. It gave me time to text my husband."

I nod my head and look at Ava and Mike.

"She is so cute," I said.
"You wanted a girl?"
"No. I just wish I had a niece that I can play dress up and their hair and buy them cute clothes and not get the brat attitude all the time."

She laughs and nods her head.

"Sorry. I bet she isn’t' like that," I said.
"The attitude isn't all the time but it's there."
"She's only five."

She laughs and nods her head.

"Yeah. Just wait till he doesn't want to be around you at all," She said.
"Not all boys are like that. I got two brothers who took years to unattached enough to not have a parent in the same house as them," I said.
"Like how long?"
"I think my younger one was 22 when he moved out of my parent’s house. And my other one was 25 when he thought he didn't need our dad living with him. It happened around the same time."
"When did you move out?"
"I was 16."
"Did you already have Mike?"

I nod my head and look at my hands.

"So did you move in with Mike's dad?" She asks.
"No. I moved out to be a better mom to Mike."
"I understand. I moved in with my in-laws after I had Ava. They were parenting her and didn't let me do anything. My parents weren't much better."

I nod my head and look at Mike and he rides up to me. I grab the water bottle and had it to him.

"Did you put your monitor on?" I ask him.

He looks at me and shakes his head.

"Do we have to go home?" He asks.

I grab my bag and grab the extra heart monitor I carry around and hand it to him. He grabs it and put it on.

"This one isn't attached to my phone. You need to check it yourself," I said.

He nods his head and goes where Ava is.

"He needs a heart monitor?" Rachel asks.
"He has a heart defect," I said.
"You wouldn't know it from how he acts. Especially today out here."
"He doesn't do a lot at school so he can ride a dirty bike after."
"That makes sense. Is there anything you can do to help it?"
"Yeah. He's actually has a bar in his chest to push what is caved in up in the right spot. It takes a few years to fix."
"That's good then that there is a cure to it or fix to it."
"Yeah I know."

My phone rings and I grab and see its text form Ken telling me that he's got another hour till he can video chat. I put my phone down.

"Got things going on?" She asks.
"My fiancée is in California for work. He just likes to keep me updated on what he is doing."
"That's sweet. It shows that he wants you involve and misses you. What does he do?"
"He's a professional Dirt bike racer."
"Is he any good at it?"
"Yeah he's really good at it."
"Well then that's good meaning he's not getting hurt."
"He has gotten hurt before. It doesn't really work like that in the sport."
"Ok. I don't know. I'm really not in to it. My husband watches it some but mainly he meets some of the guys and has tried to get in to it."
"I understand. Your husband is Ava's father?"
"Yeah. Been together since high school. What about you and your fiancée?"
"Not biologically but legally he is. We have been together for about two and half years."
"How much older is he?"
"About 1 and half years," I said.
"That's something else. He's a special man then."
"Yeah he is. What does your husband do?"
"He a mechanic. He works with car. Thankful his dad owns a garage so he always has a job."
"That's good."
"yeah."

The kids play for another thirty minutes before Mike comes ridding to me. He hands me the heart monitor and see it's at the spot the he needs to take a break.

"Go tell Ava bye. We go home," I said.
"Ok."

I take his helmet off and he goes over to Ava and tells her bye. I get up and smile at Rachel.

"It was nice talking to you," I said.
"You too."

I smile at her and Mike came and I pick the bike up and walk to the car. I get the bike in the back and go inside and start driving home.

"You are felling normal?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"Ok."
"Why did we leave so early?"
"Video chat with dad. You don't like using my phone and I forgot to bring my lap top today."
"Ok."

I nod my head and pull up to the house. I go to the kitchen and turn my lap top one. Mike came and I pick him up and set him down. I sign on to face time and grab my phone and see Ken text me that he's doing his last test before we video chat. I go and get water and hand it to Mike then grab a cookie and hold it to him.

"When are we getting your Christmas tree?" Mike asks.
"In two weeks when we go to California," I said.
"Oh. I want to do KTM Juniors."
"I don't think you’re at the age and it's random."
"Oh ok."

I kiss his head and see Ken's calling me on Face time. I click on his name.

"Daddy," Mike said.
"Hey Mike," Ken said.

I smile seeing Mike talking to Ken about what he has done today and what he did yesterday since Mike wasn't able to talk to him.

"You need to get our Christmas tree," Mike said.
"I thought we do that when you and your mom comes here. So we can do it as a family."
"You go buy a tree dad."
"Didn't you like the real tree last year."
"The smell was nice but it was messy."
"Fine. I will go pick up a fake tree. Your mom feels the same way. Anything else I need to get?"
"There is stuff to make Muddy men?" Mike asks looking at me.

I nod my head since I stock up the house with the things I need to make them last year.

"Ok that's all," Mike said.
"What about ornaments?” Ken asks.
"Mommy makes things look pretty not you."
"Right thanks."
"No problem."

I laugh and Mike moves and sit on my lap. I move my lap top so Ken can see us.

"That's perfect," Ken said.
"Thanks. Hey maybe we should go to Disneyland," I said.
"Ok. How many times you think we go?"
"At least twice. I want to go one the first or second day to make sure they don't have ornaments I want for the tree."
"We are having a Disney tree?"
"Yeah I got those ornaments around Thanksgiving."
"Ok. Oh I saw Brittany Chisholm and She told me that you guys got to get together sometime while you’re out here and get doughnuts or cupcakes."
"I text her the dates I'm going to be there so she can know. But I figure two days at the least also so we can do Disneyland in one day and California Adventures on Day two."
"Yeah. Maybe three days. We can do California Adventures in a day but Disneyland is too much and we don't have the stroller."
"Ok. How is testing going?"

He starts talking about testing and Mike is talking to him about it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit