I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Time with Jade

I'm making the wreath while Mike is playing with his bikes.

"Do I have a bike here?" He asks.
"Yeah. You want to go ride?" I asks.
"Yes."
"Let me call dad to see if we need to get something before we go.""Ok."

I grab my phone and call Ken.

"Hey," He said.
"Dose Mike have gear here?"
"Yeah in the garage. Does he want to go ride?"
"Yeah. Pala is open right?"
"Yeah."
"Good. I hate driving to Glen Helen."

He laughs.

"I love you," He said.
"Love you too. I send you pictures and Videos throughout the day," I said.
"Great. Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and go to the garage and Mike fallows me. I open the gear cabinet Ken has next to Mike's bike.

"Is it different then the bike from home?" He asks.
"It's new so it's going to ride a little different."
"Ok."

He grabs the gear set he wants. I grab the bag and see that everything is in there. Mike grabs the chest protector. I grab the ice chest and fill it up with snacks and water bottles. I carry it out to the truck and grab the bag and throw it in. I pack up the back of the truck with the bike, gas and everything we need. I go to the house and grab stuff for the wreath and my lap top then put that in the back seat. I get Mike in the truck and I start driving.

"I'm hungry," He said.
"McDonald’s?" I ask.
"Yeah."

I drive to the McDonalds and park in the front. I get out and get Mike out. We go inside and eat then we go Pala. I park where some of the other parents are. I get Mike out and set him in the back. I open the tail gate and Mike sits down and starts putting on his boots. I hear footsteps and see a guy.

"Hi," He said.
"Hey," I said grabbing the stand.
"Do you need help getting his bike down?" He asks.
"No. I got it," I said.

He walks to the side and I get the bike down after putting the stand down. I check his boots and then get his helmet on and put it on. I grab the goggles and Mike put them on. I smile and he goes over to his bike and I grab my phone and take a picture and send it to Jade and Ken. I smile as it starts. He goes over to the course. I sit in the back of the truck and watch him and take some video. I go and grab the lap top and look through things for the wedding getting the guest list set up. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Jade.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey. When will you come see me?" Jade asks.
"I talked to your wife. We are going to come over for dinner."
"Oh. I remember her saying we are going to have company. Why didn't you call me?"
"You wanted to plan a day to Disneyland."
"They have alcohol at California Adventure."
"Wine?"
"They have things you like. Fancy beer."
"I like fancy beer. Ken thought I was joking yesterday about stopping at the brewery and getting a bottle till I did it."
"Mike ridding I take it?"
"Yes."
"We do need to go to Disneyland."
"Talk to Ken. I don't know what he has planned I forget what tickets he got us."
"Got it. Wives deal with dinner Guys plan Disneyland trip."
"Yeah. Is Whitney mad about not being in the wedding party?"
"No. She gets why you are not having her. She agrees that it's more important to have me up there then her. We all know you love Whitney."
"Good."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and smile seeing Mike ridding around. Once my guest list is in my lap top and the addresses are done and I send e-mails to the people I need addresses for. I put it away and start making a wreath while watching Mike since I don't need to look down much at all. I pull my phone up and see the heart monitor isn't on. I go to the bag and see the monitor in the pouch on the side. Mike comes and I grab my phone and he rides up on the stand. I send it to Ken knowing he worked with Mike to do that. Mike gets off and looks at me.

"The Heart monitor," He said.

I grab it and get off and bend down as he lifts his shirt up. I put it on under his chest protector.

"Good job remembering," I said.

He smiles and I grab my phone and see that his heart is good.

"You are good to go," I said.
"Thank you mommy."

Mike goes and get on the Bike and ride again. I watch him as I go back to the wreath. Mike comes and gets water throughout the afternoon. He came when more people start coming.

"Dinner time?" Mike asks.
"Yeah. We going to Uncle Jade’s," I said.
"Ok."

He gets change as I pack the truck again. I get him in his seat then drive home. I park and Ken came out and helps me unpack the truck.

"Time for Jade's," I said.
"Right that's tonight."

I laugh and grab the wreath and hand it to Ken.

"Don't know where to hang it but I got it done," I said.
"It looks nice. I figure where to put it,” Ken said.
"On the door or where we are putting the stockings."
"Those are good places."

I nod my head and Mike came and grab on to my hand. Ken shows Mike the wreath.

"I like it," Mike said.
"Good ready to go to Uncle Jade's?"
"Yeah."

Ken hands me keys to his truck. I walk to it with Mike and get Mike in the truck. Ken came and get in. He changes the music to the playlist of songs Mike like.

"What are we doing next for the wedding?" Ken asks.
"Addresses so I can send things out and it all matches with the other papers," I said.
"And you send me pictures?"
"Of course."

He nods his head. He pulls up to Jade's house. I get out and smile as I see Ken getting Mike out. I go to the door and it opens and I see Jade has Liam in his arms.

I smile and hug them. Mike waves at Jade. We go inside and I see Whitney setting the table. I hug her. Mike came and hugs her then run out of the kitchen.

"How are you?" She asks.
"Good. I got to get on Christmas shopping,” I said.
"You haven't done anything?"

I shake my head and grab my phone and hand it to her.

"This is our tree the next picture is our stockings," I said.
"I see time is well spent," She said.

I laugh and help her set the table.

"What should we get Mike?" She asks.
"Anything bike related or cookies."

She looks at me.

"He collects Mickey Ears form Disneyworld. He likes Waffle blocks," I said.
"Ok. Have you taken him to down town Disney to look at the Lego store?"
"No next time we are doing that since Ken also wants to look at the remote control car store."

She laughs and hands me a cup with water. She goes to the living room and called the guys for dinner. I sit by Liam's chair and talk to him while eating.

"Miss Mike at this age?" Jade asks.
"Not really," I said.
"You don't have baby fever do you."
"Do you get baby fever when you already have a kid?" Ken asks.
"Some get it worse because they think it's so great to have a baby and forget about the hard work."
"Idiots," I said.

Whitney laughs and look at Mike.

"Do you want a little sibling?" She asks.

Mike looks at her.

"I don't get the choice," Mike said.
"Really?" Jade asks.
"God choose when mommies get pregnant."

Jade looks at me and I smile at him not wanting to talk to him about things while Mike is in the room. Jade gets up and clean the table. I grab Liam and start playing with him and talking to him.

"You can't use big words with Kids his age," Jade said.
"Are you sure you want to bring this subject up?" I asks.
"Yes."
"How about when Mike was at races when he was 2 and 3?"
"What about it?"
"You were telling me all the fancy names to bike parts and tools," Mike said.

Jade looks at him and then at me.

"You are such a little Ryan," Jade said.
"Uncle Ryan is number two," Mike said.
"Really who is number one now?"
"Daddy."
"What is Chad Reed?"
"Tate's Dad."
"What number is he?"
"He raced 22 that's why he owned Two Two Motorsport."
"But like Uncle Ryan and your dad."
"He retired."

Jade laughs and grab Liam form me and hand him to Ken. Ken gets up.

"Come on let's play with Liam, Mike," Ken said.
"They want to talk?" Mike asks getting up.
"Yeah they do."

Mike fallows Ken out of the dining room. I get up and go to the kitchen where Whitney is.

"God choose when to have babies?" Jade asks.
"I didn't know how to answer him about why he didn't have a dad. He's too small to understand things to get him when he's old enough to know I never lied to him so I just said God choose me to have him without a dad and he will come."
"When was that?"
"He was three."

Whitney nods her head and looks at me.

"Can we talk about how much time he spends with Ryan?" Jade asks.
"He spends about 2 hours a week with him," I said.
"That's all? He acts like Ryan dose just he's actually believes what he aggress with you too all the time."
"How has Mike deal with the changes?"

I look at Jade and title my head.

"His last name, School, and new house and other things," Jade said.
"He is handling it all well. When we moved he had a few problems but he gotten over it now."

Ken came in and Jade looks at me.

"Where are the kids?" Jade asks.
"Asleep."

I look at the clock and see it's only seven then I remember to add the three hours and nod my head.

"We should go and get him to bed," I said.
"Yeah."

Whitney hugs me tight.

"Call if you ever just want to come over or do something," She said.
"I will."

She nods her head. Whitney hugs Ken.

"See you later Ken," She said.
"You too. Thank you."

She smiles and Ken goes to the living room. Whitney looks at me.

"He likes me a lot more than he did before you guys start dating," Whitney said.
"It's because we like them together and never have a problem with it. Also you don't get on her about things," Jade said.
"You are right most likely," I said.
"Lindsay getting on you to do things," Whitney said.
"And how things are done. Yeah it gets to him mainly because it gets to me a lot."
"Have you talked to Lindsay about it?" Jade asks.
"How do you say hey you treat me like a baby and I really don't like it?"
"Like that."

I look at Jade and he smiles at me.

"You really need to tell people that they do things to upset you," He said.
"Whatever."

Ken comes and I see he got Mike in his arms.

"Ken she needs to tell people they upset her right?" Jade asks.
"Are we talking about a certain person?" Ken asks.
"Lindsay," I said.
"She tired. Lindsay dismisses it."

Jade looks at him.

"She dismisses it?" Jade said.
"I don't know how many times she tried to get Lindsay to understand to talk to her about plans when they want Mike or to come over before bringing it up to Mike. She said it plainly and the reasons why that can't just happen."

He nods his head and Whitney looks at me and I smile at her.

"How did she understand that it's not ok?" She asks.
"I ask Mike in front of her who makes the decisions in the house. He got to tell her that Mommy makes them and I have to ok it so she should talk to me. Then she comes and talk to me and tell me that it's rude," I said.
"I'm really glad I understand that you are an adult, and a mother."

I laugh and get up and hug Jade.

"See you later," He said.
"Later."
"We get to plan a Disney trip," Jade said.
"Yes. I call you tomorrow at lunch time," Ken said.

I smile and go outside with Ken. I get in the car and Ken drives home.

"What are we going to get Mike for Christmas?" I ask.
"A track for him that stays here and promise him more at home."
"Jade said Waffle blocks."
"That's a good idea. He loves them and always wants more."
"I'm talking about little ones."
"Sounds even better."

I nod my head and talk to Ken.

"I should get him to write up a list," I said.
"He doesn't believe in Santa clause that's hard," He said.
"Maybe I can say it's for his uncles and Grandparents."
"That is a good idea and then actually give them the list."

I nod my head and Ken looks at me.

"I'm still getting a list form you right?" He asks.
"Dame I haven't done that. My brothers will be on me about it soon."

He nods his head.

"That or they all think they got the best gifts," He said.
"I trust Ryan," I said.
"I like reading your list. It's interesting."

I shake my head at him and laugh. He drives home as he talks about things to do for Christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit