I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Engagement Party

I'm at the track watching Mike as Mike rides when my phone rings and see its Lindsay.

"Hey," I said.
"How are you?" She asks.
"Good, what about you?"
"I'm good. What are you doing tonight?"
"Nothing."
"Come over and we go to a nice dinner."
"Um ok."
"Great come at like 6:30."
"To your house?"
"Yeah and don't bring Mike bye."

She hangs up and I look at the phone and call Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"What is Lindsay planning?"
"What do you mean?"
"What is happening tonight?"
"Your engagement party. She's throwing it."
"What?"
"She didn't tell you?"
"No she didn't. Who all knew?"
"Me, Jade, Whitney and Megan. I swear I stress to talk to you about throwing it to make sure that its fine and get your input."
"I'm tempted in calling her at 5 and tell her that we can't come because we couldn't get a sitter for Mike."
"It's at our house. It's only a few people that she knows that you like."
"Is Jeremy Martian going to be there?"
"No. you guys don't talk."
"Promise me that Crystal and Paige won't be there because she thinks I need to be friends with them."
"I promise you."
"I might come."
"Ok. Be papered for her to get you to leave him with Ken's parents."
"Wait they are not invited?"
"Right never mind your right they can't watch him because they will be there."
"You don't know if they are or not do you?"
"No. I will get right on it."
"If they are not invited I'm not going. They treat me great considering what my family has put Ken through."
"I know. I text you back in a bit ok?"
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and call Ken.

"Hey," He said.
"Do you know if your parent's have plans today?"
"No why?"
"Lindsay's planning an engagement party and its spouse to be a surprise."
"Let me go ask my dad."
"Ok."

I smile seeing Mike coming over. I go and get a water bottle and hand it him. He smiles and start drinking it. I hold my phone up.

"They haven't heard about it," Ken said.
"I'm a little pissed at my sister in law considering she involved my parents in everything at her wedding but forget about my in-laws in a party that I'm spouse to just walk in to."
"You sound upset."
"I would think that at least Lindsay would respect you and your parent's enough to invite them."
"Isn't your parent's still in town and staying with them."
"Yeah, but it's for us and that means you and your family. Your parents are here and supportive of it. They should be at everything."
"How's Mike doing?"

I look and see Mike is eating the rest of his McDonalds.

"Want to talk to Ken?" I asks Mike.
"Yes."

I hand it to Mike and Mike starts talking about the track. Mike hands it to me after he hangs up.

"Dad had to go they were done with their bike," Mike said getting down.
"Thank you."

I smile and he looks at me.

"Are you upset with me?" He asks.
"No," I said.
"At Daddy?"
"I'm upset with Lindsay," I said.
"Ok."

I smile and he goes down and Lindsay told me that I should wear white. I rolled my eyes and Ryan text me back that Lindsay's didn't invited Ken's Parent's not thinking they will still be here and not want to be around my parents who have to be invited. I bit my lip and send it to Ken and then text him that he can decide if he wants to go because I'm not feeling incline to spend time with Lindsay. I lean back and watch Mike Ride and take a few pictures and videos till it's four and Ken text me he's coming home from Glen Helen. I get Mike and we pack the truck up then I drive home. I get out and Mike goes upstairs. I grab the gear and go over and put it in the laundry room to do gear sets when Ken gets home. I grab my phone and see Ryan text me that Paige and Crystal isn't on the guest list that he grab without Lindsay knowing but might come anyways knowing Lindsay wants me to be friends with them. I go to the kitchen and see Ken's mom looking in the fridge.

"Are you ok?" She asks.
"Upset with Lindsay,” I said.
"Really?"
"I'm typical a little upset with one of my siblings or their wives. Ryan is hard to be upset with so it's her, Blake or Megan. It's been her and Blake a lot more."
"Not Jade or Whitney?"
"They don't tell me what to do without me asking them. Ryan is the same way. Jade only told me to do one thing in my life and I needed to hear that I had to do it."
"Were you always like this?"
"No. It's been since I got back from Australia."

She nods her head and Ken came in and goes to the laundry room then came over and kiss my forehead.

"I'm going to cook dinner tonight," Ken's mom said.
"Acutely Lindsay is throwing an engagement party so we got to go," Ken said.

His mom looks at him and raises her eyebrows.

"Can you guys watch Mike?" Ken said.
"Of course. This sounds like last minute," She said.
"It's spouse to be a surprise."
"How did you figure it about it?"
"Called Ryan who thought she knew told me about it already and it seems like a lot of other people were under the assumption that she told me about it," I said.
"Adam was one of them," Ken said.

Ken's dad came in and He said something in German. I look as all three of them come. Mike came down and I pick him up and set him on the bar in front of me.

"What they talking about?" Mike asks.
"Plans for tonight," I said.

He nods his head and Ken kisses my head.

"We are going?" I ask.
"Yeah."

Mike looks at me.

"Me and Ken are going out tonight for dinner and you will stay here with Pops," I said.
"They will feed me dinner?" Mike asks.
"Yes."
"Nana is cooking?"
"Yes," Ken said.
"Will they tuck me in?"
"If you are ready to sleep while we out. We don't really know what's going on."

Mike nods his head.

"Ok."

I kiss his head and Ken grabs him.

"Go get ready. We got an hour," Ken said.

I nod my head and go upstairs. I go to the closet and look at it and pull the white dress out and surged my shoulders not really wanting to wear it in front of my family knowing how the guys are but that's the only white thing I have. I go to the bathroom and do my hair and makeup then put the dress on and get my shoes on. Ken came out of the bathroom and I see he is in a nice white shirt with black pants. He looks at me and smiles at me.

"You look great," He said.
"What were you and your parent’s talking about?" I ask.
"That the only person I have to keep happy in your family is you."
"Oh."
"My dad loves you. He sees how your family has treated you without knowing you were dating me. "

I nod my head and Ken kiss my head.

"They just don't want me to push you and end up with a fight and people not being there when it's important," Ken said.
"I understand. You got great Parent's," I said.
"I know."

I laugh and grab my jacket. I walk downstairs and see Pops playing with the waffle blocks Jade and Ryan got Mike for Christmas. Mike looks at me.

"Are you leaving?" He asks.
"Yeah," I said.

He comes over and I bend down and he kisses my cheek.

"Love you Mommy. Have fun," Mike said.

I kiss his head. He goes over to Ken. Ken grabs him. I get up and Mike smiles at me.

"Be good," I told him.
"Promise. Pops is going to teach me more German," Mike said.
"That's great."

Ken smiles and put Mike down.

"Bye," Mike said.
"Bye," Ken said.

I grab my bag and go outside with Ken. We get in his truck and he drives to Lindsay's and Ryan. I look and see that there are cars here.

"Wonder what's going on?" I ask.

Ken laughs and kisses my head.

"Come on the sooner we go and play their game the sooner we can leave," He said.

I laugh and look at Ken.

"You made the choice in coming," I told him.
"I know but I did it knowing that it makes our life easier in playing to them."

I nod my head and get out and go to the door and knock on it. It opens and Lindsay smiles at me.

"Hey," She said.
"Hey," I said.

She let us inside.

"So where are we going for dinner?" I ask.
"Ryan wanted to grill."

I look at her a little upset that it's a party at her house and we couldn't bring Mike.

"Let's go outside," She said.

I nod my head and go outside with Ken and people yell surprise. Lindsay smiles at me then look at Ken.

"You guys knew didn't you?" She said as she turns around and looks at Ryan.

I look and see Blake and Megan are at the table with Jade and Whitney and they all don't look to happy. I go over and hug Blake tight. He hugs me as tight then kiss my head.

"Hey Bro," I said.
"Happy Engagement."

I smile and go and Hug Megan.

"Who told them?" Lindsay asks.
"I told her. I figure she told him," Ryan said.
"Let's talk about this later," Jade said.
"You ruined their party."

She walks away and Jade looks at me.

"We swear she agree to asking about this," Jade said.
"Didn't think to hard about it did you?" I ask.
"We thought you agree to it as long as it was simple. It's simple," Blake said.
 
I nod my head and look at him and Megan.

"I am happy to see you too. This isn't about that," I explain.
 
Meghan laughs and hugs me.

"I know. I know you like me more than my husband," Megan said.

I laugh and Blake shakes his head. Lindsay came over and hands me a drink. I look at it and see its wine.

"It's really good wine. Drink it while you say hi to guest," Lindsay said.
"Got it," Ken said.

He pushes me towards Nicole and Brittany. I look at him then at my drink.

"Give to Brittany. I will get you something you will drink,” Ken said.
"Thank you," I said.

He nods his head and He goes to the table and the girls hug him. He goes to the drink table. I sit down and Brittany smiles at me.

"You didn’t seem all that surprise," Brittany said.
"Ryan told me today since he was under the impression as well as the rest of the family that this was not a surprise party," I said.
"Surprise party bad?" Nicole asks.
"Yes very bad."
"Well you look very nice," Brittany said.
"Thank you."
"It's a little odd not seeing Mike around. He's attach to you or Ken all the time."
"There was Vegas," Nicole said.
"Oh you’re right that was fun."

Ken hands me a cup and I look at it and see it's a brown.

"Coke and Jack Daniels. It's the only whiskey they have here," Ken said.
"Thanks," I said.
"You brought wine with you," Brittany said.
"Oh one of you can have it. I don't like wine. It's a wired taste."
 
Adam came and smiles and I hug him.

"I'm going to leave," He said.
"What?" Ken asks.
"Yeah when I heard it was a surprise party I thought it be done. And not really happen so I have a date."
"Really?" Jake asks.
"Yes really."
"How you meet her?" I ask.
"I was at something for the twins and she was there."
"You mean at a Race?" Ken asks.
"Yeah."

I look at Adam and he looks at me.

"She's cute and didn't know me that has to count for something right?" Adam asks.
"Where are you guys going?" I ask.
"Chipotle and to a movie."
"Is this your first date?"
"Yeah. Wait is that a bad idea?"
"What if she doesn't like it?"
"That's imposable everyone likes it. Ok see you later."

I nod my head and hug him again.

"Have fun. Hope it goes good," I said.
"Got it, plus if she doesn't like Chipotle not the girl for me," He said.

He walks away and I look at Ken.

"How can I be only a year older?" I ask.
"You are a mother."

I nod my head and take a drink.

"So let get back to you don't drink wine?" Nicole asks.
"I learn I like Rum and Whiskey only," I said.
"Is this how the wedding is going to be?"
"No. I know most people do."

Ken looks around. I look at him and he looks at me.

"I'm going to talk to Lindsay," He said.
"Why?" I ask.
"Just notice a few things. Have fun."

He walks away where Lindsay is.

"That's odd," Brittany said.
"He notice something and doesn’t want me to know what he notice," I said.
"I know what he notice," Kyle said.
"What's that?" I ask.
"That Brittany and I are the only girls she talks to at races here beside her family that she loves very much,” Nicole said.
"Yes you love your family very much."

I look and notice I don't see Mathilde or Jessica around and the 20 so people are people me and Ken don't really ever hang out with.

"Wait did you and Crystal talk and work it out?" Nicole asks.
"Why?"
"She's there."
"Thank you for coming."
"You leaving aren't you?"
"Yeah," Ken said.

I look at him and know he's upset. I hug Brittany then Nicole.

"See you guys at the next race," I said.
"Ok sounds good. You can always come before the races."

I nod my head and get up and Ken takes me inside. I look and see my brothers. I go over and hug them. Blake hugs me tight and looks at me.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asks.
"Most likely just going to a track or a park so Mike can ride one of his bikes."
"So you’re free to hang with me and Megan then?"
"Yeah. Do you have the address where I'm staying?"
"No."
"I text it to you. Come over any time but let me know."
"Of course. It most likely will be around breakfast time."
"Want biscuits and gravy?"
"Yes."
"Ok you got to call me so I can have things hot."

He nods his head and Jade looks at me.

"You and Whitney are more than welcome to come," I said.
"Sounds good," Jade said.

I nod my head and Blake hugs me tight. I walk out to the car with Ken. He gets in and starts driving.

"Going home?" I ask.
"No. I'm hungry."

I nod my head and lean over and kiss his cheek. He smiles a little and reach over and grab my hand.

"Did you talk to Lindsay?" I ask.
"Yes and I'm angry with her."
"Why?"
"She wants you to be friends with her friends."
"Oh."
"I don't care who your are friends as long as they don't hurt you. I don't want someone telling you who to be in your life."
"Lindsay always thinks I need more friends."
"How many friends do you have?"
"Those have no family ties?"
"Yeah. Your brothers and their wives don't count and people you grew up with."
"Maybe two."
"Adam and Mathilde?"
"Yeah but I don't know. I like the other people I just don't know if I want them to know everything."

My phone rings and I see its Lindsay.

"Hey Lindsay," I said.
"Why did you leave?" She asks.
"Who was the party for?"
"You and Ken."
“Why was Crystal there? Why weren’t more people me and Ken are friends with there? Why were there people we don’t hang out with there?”
"Really what is your deal with Crystal?"
"She cares about the law and not the truth. I don't want you planning anything alone again. Bye."
"Bye."

She hangs up and I lean back and sigh.

"I might have made the wrong chose," I said.
"Lindsay made sense. Till she did this."

I sigh and Ken pulls up to a winery.

"Really?" I ask.
"They have great Shrimp."
"Ok."

He laughs and we go inside and get sited at a table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit