I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Park Time

I'm at the park looking at the pictures of wedding things and sigh since I don't really care and just pick two I like then send them to Lindsay and Ken. I put my phone down and look at Mike and see Ava is coming running to him. Rachel came and sit down next to me.

"You look tired," She said.
"School sucks," I said.

She looks at me with a rise eyebrow.

"Fiancée travels for work and I got used to traveling with him," I said.
"He's still in California?"
"Yeah."
"Do you have a cosmetology license?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"My salon is looking for someone at the same time as me and that is whenever Ava is school. They have a hard time finding anyone to be happy with that spot."
"I know. My shop before kept me because I told them that I didn't really care about getting Sundays and Saturdays. I did work full days through."
"Was it in Florida?"
"Yeah in Greenville."
"Tell me it's was Breath Taking Salon?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"The owners are sisters."
"Oh that's cool."
"Did you leave in good terms?"
"It closed."
"So do you want to work because if you don't then I won't mention it to her."
"I'm actually looking for a job. I got a full thing so I can do anything but hair is my specialty."
"That's great. I will tell my boss."
"Thanks for doing this."
"No problem. Ava is right you always have nice hair hell even make up and nails."
"I tend to go once every two weeks now it's more."
"Wedding stressing you out?"
"Yeah."

She nods her head. Mike came and I hand him his water bottle. He grabs it and takes a big drink. He looks at me and I smile at him.

"Ava wants to play on the playground," He said.
"Do you want to play with her?"

Mike looks at me and shakes his head.

"Then just say no thank you," I said.
"Ok."

He gets back on his bike and goes back to doing his laps.

"How long can he go?" She asks.
"He doesn't get bored with repetitive He does the same thing all the time. He watches the same things all the time," I said.
"That's intersting."
"He like knowing what's going to happen. It all makes sense."
"I understand."

Ava came over and smiles at me.

"Can you put my hair in a star?" She asks.
"Do you have rubber bands?"
"Yeah."

Rachel looks at me.

"I don't mind," I said.
"Ok."

She grabs a contain and then hands me a brush. I open it and brush Ava hair.

"You want braids or no?" I asks.
"No Braids. Why dose Mike ride a bike all the time?" She asks.
"He has always like all kinds of bikes. His dad and one of his uncle's rides dirt bikes."
"For a job?"
"Yeah. The rest of the uncles rides for fun."
"Do girls ride dirt bikes?"
"Yeah. I rode most of my life."
"Why did you quite?"
"I got pregnant and never felt like doing it again."

I look at her head and start sectioning out of her hair.

"Have you done this before?" Rachel asks.
"Yeah. It was braids but it's the same thing just faster," I said.

I grab things and answer Ava's question about things and they are all random while making sure Mike is still riding around on his bike and is fine. I finish and take a picture then show Ava.

"Thanks Mike's Mommy," She said.
"Call me Jezebel," I said.
"Ok."

She smiles at me and goes over to Mike.

"I try to tell her that boy's don't care about hair," She said.
"Mike will say it looks cool," I said.
"Really?"
"I take pride in my hair and to a extend his hair."
"That makes sense since his hair is always good."

I nod my head and we talk a little about the Salon before she and Ava leave. I look at my phone and look at Mike and see Lindsay hasn't text me back yet and she really hasn't talk to me since the Engagement party. I sigh knowing to get her talking to me again she needs to hear I'm sorry. My phone rings and I see it's Ryan telling me not to say sorry. I look at It and see Lindsay calling me.

"Hey," I said answering it.
"Ryan wants me to talk to you and fix this," She said.
"Do you not care?"
"Of course I do but."
"You did nothing wrong?"
"See."
"Who was the party for Lindsay?"
"You and Ken."
"Then why weren't Ken's Parent's invited? Why was Mike not able to come? Why were there not more people that we like there?"
"Um."
"Why did you not listen to me when I said we didn't need one or wanted it?"

She sighs and I look at Mike and smile seeing him ridding around on the course he made up.

"I'm sorry. I just want you to open up your life to friends," She said.
"Why do i need friends now?" I asks.
"What?"
"Why now that I'm getting married do I need to have friends?"
"Since you moved in with Ken there has been signs that you're not all that happy."
"I'm getting a job Lindsay. It's not working. It has taken me a while to figure out what the problem was and longer to accept the problem."
"Oh. You're going to work?"
"Yes. I need to work."
"ok. I'm sorry. I thought I was going to make you happy."
"Lindsay just stop and think about me ok."
"Ok. I like the second picture better but they are both good."
"Thanks."
"No problem call you later it's late there."
"OK bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and get up knowing it's time to get home to cook dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit