I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Texas

I wake up to the phone going off. I get up and shake Ken.

"Morning," He said.
"Morning," I said.

He kiss my forehead and smiles at me.

"You ok?" He asks.
"It's been three weeks and Lindsay is still wired," I said.
"When we are all back in Florida give her mike to watch for a few days and she understand why you don't have friends."
"And what let Mike freak her out because he doesn't sleep well in new places?"
"I guess you're right."

I laugh and get up. I take a shower then get out and get dress. I go to the front and see Mike is in his bunk watching a race.

"Hungry?" I asks.
"Yeah. I want Doughnut," He said.
"You want a doughnut?"
"Yeah. Call the nice lady form A2."
"Britany."
"Yes her. She will get us doughnuts."

I laugh and grab my phone and text Britany to call me when she has time before she gets to the track. I put my phone in my pocket and start making coffee. Once I was done Britany start calling.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey want you need?" She asks
"Can you get me and Mike doughnuts? We will pay you back it's just that we got the RV and that's all."
"That's fine. I got it you want Starbucks?"
"Really?"
"Yeah it's fine. What kind of doughnuts do you want?"
"Six glaze doughnuts."
"Your trying to be nice tell me what you really want."
"Tow glaze doughnuts the circle kind then. One sugar twist, to maple bars, a bar that is cover with chocolate and one twist glaze one."
"Got it send me your Starbucks order and I will get them. We are heading out now."
"Thank you so much Britany."
"No problem. Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and kiss his head.

"Do you want to take a shower?" I asks.
"No," he said.

I nod my head and go to the room and do my hair and make-up. I go and start making Ken his oatmeal. I turn to the couch and see Mike is talking Germany to Ken and his dad.

"Oatmeal?" I asks.
"Doughnuts," Mike said.
"Yes please," Ken said.
"Thank you Jezebel," Pops said.

I nod my head and put it on the stove then grab the fruit and cut it up and put them on the table and get the oatmeal when it's done.

"Ok done," I said.
"Wait how are you getting doughnuts?" Ken asks coming to sit down at the table.
"Britany is bringing them."
"Ok. Right."

I laugh and kiss his head and sit down. Mike came and hand me the tablet. I grab it and put it on the charger and we start talking. There is a knock on the door. I get up and open it and see Britany. She smiles and hold out a box and a cup out to me.

"Thank you so much," I said.
"No problem."

Mike came and took the box form me. I put my hand on his head. He looks at me and I look at him.

"Thank you Britany. You’re a nice lady," Mike said.
"Your welcome Mike," She said.

Mike goes to the table. I hug her.

"Do you want to come in?" I asks.
"No I want to go to the meeting. You guys should come at some time. It's really good," She said.
"Right."

She nods her head and smiles at me and walk away. I go and sit down at the table and grab one of the maple bars and we go back to talking. There is another knock at the door. Ken gets it and He came in and I see Lindsay is coming in.

"Hey Lindsay," I said.
"Hey," She said.

Ken kiss my head.

"Track walk and ridder's meeting," He said.
"Have fun. Don’t forget your hat," I said.
"Thank you."

He goes and gets his hat form the back with his jacket and kiss my lips then Mike's head. Ken and His dad leaves. Lindsay came and sit down. I look at her as she looks at the doughnut box.

"You want one?" I asks.
"No thank you," She said.
"What are you doing here?"
"Ryan told me to get his sister to like me again because the longer I can't get along with his sister the longer his nephew is suffering from no uncle time."

I grab the tablet and hand it to Mike.

"Go watch it on my and Ken's bed," I said.
"Ok mommy."

He grabs it and go to the very back. Lindsay looks at me.

"SO what up?" I asks.
"Do you think what Ken did was wrong? I threw you a party for you two."
"Was any one insulted that we left?"
"No they didn't notice."
"Then it doesn't matter no egg on your face."
"You need friends. You can't just have Ken, Adam and Mike."
"Lindsay do you hang out with any other mothers besides me?"
"There is Paige and Taylor."

I take a deep breath and look at my hands.

"Talk to them and see that we really don't have that much different lives besides that I just don't give Mike to someone overnight," I said.
"I know. Spencer called me a couple days ago."
"Lindsay I get that your trying to help. I really do but there is no easy way to say this but it the truth. You just don't get my life."

She looks at me a little shocked.

"I'm trying. I really thought about what Spencer told me and talking about it with Ryan has help," She said.
"What did they say?" I asks.
"When you had Mike all you had were family and that your friends left you. I need to understand that your careful about people who you let around you and Mike so it will take a while for people to even know if you really like them or not."
"I see that. It makes sense."
"You are a mother and therefore you have a family unit now with Ken and it doesn't lead tons of time out with other people. I look back to my family life and talk to your mother and it's right you got a family now and that means that your priorities are not about friends and your life."
"You have a hard time understanding that since I moved here."
"I just don't see how you don't want adult conversation."

I look at her and smile at her.

"Spencer and Taylor told me it's because I don't have a kid," She said.
"It is. You also have to understand that I'm not as social as you are and never was."
"Spencer also brought it up. Ryan also brought up that you left this world and wasn't sure you wanted anything to do with beyond that it's your brother's job. So it has taken a few years to get your feet and accept everything. He also said that your and Crystal's problem is all with Crystal and not your so work on her if you guys want to be friends then work on her but you might never really like her."
"Crystal thinks i willing had sex because of the peal bargain."
"Oh. Do you or even Ken have an thing to say?"
"Ken says what we both know is that you don't understand my life and say you should have Mike for a couple days."
"Ok how about I do that?"
"Why?"
"Because Ryan also said that whatever you say you guys thought can fix it I better do it especially if it came from Ken because that relationship is worse than ours and it's important that Ken has a strong relationship with everyone form our family."

I sigh and shake my head.

"You really want to take care of Mike all day today?" I asks.
"Yeah," Lindsay said.
"Ok. Let's get his earphones, snacks and toy form the rig."
"Sounds great. We are better right?"
"Are we?"

She looks at me a little shocked.

"That's why I came here," She said.
"Lindsay I get that you don't know about my life. I'm glad that you seem to understand a little more about my reluctant of just bringing people in but it was not needed. You haven't been acting the same. So tell me are you fine with what has happen?"

She nods her head.

"Yeah I'm better," She said.
"Ok."

I get up and go to the back and see Mike is watching last week's race.

"Hey buddy," I said.
"Can I have the other circle doughnut?" He asks.
"Yeah."

He goes to the table. I grab the tablet changer in here and grab a bag and put the changer in then walk and grab his earphones and sit down.

"Ok Mike. Aunt Lindsay is going to watch you for today?" I said.
"Why?" Mike asks.
"She just wants to spend time with you. You will be spending time with Uncle Ryan too and at his pit."

He nods his head. I grab a doughnut and start eating it while he talks to Lindsay about things. Once we finish up with the breakfast I go to the RCH Rig with them and get the toys and snakes form in here and go and hand the bag to Mike and put his tablet in there.

"See you buddy," I said.

He nods his head and hug my legs. I hug him and kiss his forehead. I bend down and look at his eyes.

"You are going to do good," I said.
"Ok," Mike said.
"Be nice and respectful."
"I will."
"To everyone in team."
"Ok mommy."

I kiss his head. Ken came over and look at Mike.

"What's going on?" Ken asks.
"I'm watching him," Lindsay said.
"For all day?"
"Yes."

Ken nods his head and pick Mike up.

"Have fun," Ken said.
"I will daddy," Mike said.

Ken kiss Mike's head.

"Do you got a jacket for the night?" He asks.
"Yeah, hat and sunglasses too," Mike said.
"Ok Stay with her."
"I will."

Mike kiss his cheek. Ken hugs him tight then set him down.

"See you tonight," Ken said.
"Bye," Mike said.
"Bye," I said.

He leaves and Ken kiss my head.

"You ok?" He asks.
"I worried. I know how Mike is and I know how Lindsay is."
"You got to trust that team to take care of him."
"I know."

I kiss his lips and he smiles at me. I kiss his head.

"Go get change," I said.

He looks at me and I shake my head at him and go back to the RV since I don't have my phone. I go inside and grab my bag. I clean up the RV after the morning then go outside and sit next to Pops.

"Do you mind that Mike is learning German?" He asks.
"No. Ken asked me about teaching him before we moved in," I said.
"Oh."
"Ken always goes over anything he does with Mike with me."
"That's good. Let's go to practice," He said.

I nod my head and fallow him to practice. We sit on the highest seat a few stands to the ring so Mike can't see us.

"So why did Mike get sent to your family?" He asks.
"To show Lindsay that friendship to me and Friendship to her are different because I have a child."

He nods his head. We watch the practice and talk a little bit and I keep an eye out for Mike and see that he is always holding is ears. Ken sits down and kiss my head.

"You ok?" Ken asks.
"Lindsay isn't trying to get Mike to calm down. Places with stairs is not a place for him to have a tantrum," I said.
"Go see Britany she's a lot closer to him," His dad said.

I look and spot Britany talking to Nicole and they both have their kids.

"He might feel better seeing you," Ken said.

I nod my head and walk over to Britany. She smiles at me and gets up. I hug her and wave at Nicole.

"Where is Mike?" Nicole asks.
"Over with Lindsay. It's practice for when she has kids."
"It doesn't help," Britany said.
"She needs a baby," Nicole said.

Jessica came and sit down next to me.

"What are we talking about?" She asks.
"Lindsay needs a baby," Britany said.
"That's wired."
"You need a baby too,"
"Not right now," Jessica said.
"Really you always are watching you niece and nephew?" Britany said.
"I'm not ready for it just yet."
"Broc doesn't seem to really want one now so I don't think it's needed," I said.
"Ryan wants a kid right now?" Britany asks.
"He's been ready for a kid for years."
"When are you and Ken having a second one?" Nicole asks.
"Some time after the wedding."

Britany laughs a little. We talk throughout practice and I walk back to the tent with Jessica. I sit down next to Ken. He kiss the top of my head.

"You ok?" He asks.
"Yeah," I said.

He looks at me and I kiss his lips.

"I just feel wired without Mike," I said.
"If it get Lindsay to understand how he is and that our life is all about him then it's good."

I smile at him and eat lunch and stay at the table till the night show. I'm sitting down at the section with Jessica when my phone rings. I grab it and see it's Lindsay.

"Hey," I said.
"You want to come up to the box?" She asks.
"Is Mike ok?" I asks.
"Yeah he just really wants you."
"OK what box are you in?"

I look at Pops and he nods his head. I hug him and go to the box. Mike runs to me and hugs my legs tight. I bend down and look at him. I kiss his forehead.

"You ok?" I asks.
"Like you better," He said.
"I know. Did you have fun?"
"No."

I sigh and pick him up and sit down in the front row of the chairs at the box. He cuddle's up in my lap. I kiss his head. Lindsay hands me the backpack.

"Everything in here?" I asks.
"Yeah."

I grab his jacket and put it on him then grab Ken's and Ryan's toy bike and hand them to Mike. He holds on to them and watch the races from my arms. I look at Mike since he's fighting to stay awake.

"Did you take your nap during the singing?" I asks.
"No."

I sigh and my dad came.

"I liked him being around our Pit," My dad said.
"No more please mommy," Mike said.

I bend down and kiss Mike's forehead.

"It's ok baby," I said and look at him in his eyes.
"Good," He said.

My dad looks at me and I rise my eyebrow waiting for him to start.

"You can't just cut us out of his life," My dad said.
"I'm not. I will try to bring him around more dad but we are in the stands for every practice."

He nods his head. He picks Mike up.

"No I want Daddy," Mike said.
"I carry you to the Pit," My dad said.
"Daddy's Pit?"
"Yes."
"Ok.

Mike lays his head on my dad's shoulder. I grab the backpack and walk to the pit with my dad. Ken came and grab Mike from my dad. Mike looks at Ken and lays his head on his neck.

"Good job," Mike said.
"Thanks. Let's go lay you down inside," Ken said softly.
"Night Daddy."
"Night."

Ken kiss his head and go inside. I look at my dad and smile at him. He open his arms. I hug him tight.

"I want us to heal," My dad said.
"We are. Habits are hard to break."

He nods his head. Ken came out and he look at me. I smile at him and wave at him. He nods his head and goes to talk to some press.

"See you next weekend," He said.
"Of course," I said.

I smile as he walks away. I go over to Ken. Once he finish up what he's doing he kiss my lips. I lay my head on his shoulder and hug him tight.

"You good?" He asks.
"Yeah. Good Job tonight. You got your grove back earlier than normal," I said.

He laughs and kiss the side of my head ad let me go. I kiss his cheek and smile at him and go inside the pit and go up where Mike is and sit down and start messing around on my phone waiting for Ken.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit