I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Job

I'm eating breakfast with Mike and my phone rings. I grab it and see it's an unknown number.

"Hello," I said.
"Hello is this Jezebel?" She asks.
"Yes."
"This is Leah from Anderson Beauty Salon," She said.
"Thank you for calling me."
"Can you come in today and we can talk a little more?"
"That's fine when?"
"Let's do it at 9:30."
"Ok i will see you then."
"I look forward to it. Good Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and Mike looks at me.

"What is going on?" He asks.
"I have a job interview today," I said.
"Do i go back to Daycare?"
"No. I will only work while you're in school so I can still take you out ridding."
"Ok."

I get up and go upstairs and make sure my hair and makeup are perfect then get dress in a nice black dress and put on heels. I go downstairs and Mike smile at me.

"I'm ready," He said.
"Great."

I get my jacket and throw it on. I grab his backpack then we go outside. I drive to school and take him to his class. I hang his backpack up and squat down and kiss his forehead.

"See you later," I said.
"You are not going to be late aren't you?" He asks.
"I'm not going to be late. I promise."

He nods his head and goes to the table to start coloring. I get up and drive to the salon. I go inside and the receptionist looks at me. I walk over to her.

"Hi. I'm Jezebel," I said.
"Please take a seat I will get Leah," She said.

I Nod my head and sit down. I grab my phone and text Ken that I'm at the job interview and then turn it on silent. A woman came and I see a resemblance to my old boss. I stand up and she came and hold her hand out to me.

"Hello Jezebel," She said.
"Hello," I said shaking her hand.

She smiles at me.

"I'm Leah. Let's go to my office and the interview can start," She said.
"Sounds great."

I smile and fallow her to a office I sit down across the desk form her.

"So why did you apply for the job?" She asks.
"Rachel told me about it and that it would be the hours I want."
"How do you know Rachel?"
"Our children are good friends at school."
"Ok. I called your last boss and she gives you an outstanding recommendation."
"That's nice."

She smiles at me.

"If she knew you were going to end up here she would have got you an interview here right away," she said.

I look down and blush a little.

"So what exactly is the hours you want to work?" She asks.
"During the school year Monday to Friday 9:30 to 11:30 and after school's out it's Monday to Wensday 9:00 to 11:30," I said.
"That's all?"
"Second week of December to first week of January off and one week around the mid to last week of July."
"Ok any wiggle room?"
"Not really. I don't want to put my son back in daycare and want to be able to travel with my Fiancée when school permits."
"Ok we can work with that. It's a pay buy commission and tips."
"That's fine."

She nods her head and we talk over a little more than shows me that salon and where everything is. She takes me to the break room and I see Rachel is there talking to a guy. She smiles and waves at me.

"Rachel need a haircut?" Leah asks.
"I can get a trim," She said.
"Get in the empty chair. You’re the interview hair."
"Ok."

She leaves and Leah points to a door.

"Your bag can go in one of the locker there," She said.

I nod my head and put my bag in a locker that's empty and put my jacket in it to. I go over and the guy hands me a apron. I put it on and walk out to the station and see Leah and Rachel talking.

"Ok you're going to wash her hair. I know what she wants so let's see how you do," she said.
"Ok," I said.

I smile and Leah leaves. I grab the apron for the costumer and put it on.

"Let's go to the shampoo area," I said.
"Nervous?" Rachel asks getting up.
"a little."

I go to the shampoo area and start washing her hair and talk about what she wants done. Once I'm done I go to the chair and cut it then start doing the hair style she wants and when she's done I take the apron off and look at her.

"Do i take you to Leah or do you just go?" I asks.
"She will come when it's time," Rachel said.
"Ok."

I start cleaning up my stations and make sure the dirty tools are on the counter so I can figure out where to put them. Leah came and looks at Rachel.

"It's perfect," Leah said.
"It is. She took off the right amount," Rachel said.
"How was the wash?"
"She's so good at it. It was like a massage."

Leah laughs and nods her head. Leah looks at me.

"Do you have any question?" She asks.
"Where do the tools go to get them clean?" I asks.
"In the back. Welcome to the team."

I smile and Rachel hugs me. I pat her back.

"You can work till 11: 30. I will show you where the cleaning station is," Leah said.

I nod my head and grab the tool I used and go and put them in the cleaning place and she looks at me.

"The only dress code is to wear dark colors and the apron," She said.
"Ok. Thank you."
"Your welcome. If you have any question ask me or the assistant Vanessa."

She takes me to the room with the bags and gave me a lock.

"Ok the names are on each one. Which one do you want?" She asks.

I point to the one I have my stuff in. She nods her head and grabs chalk.

"Write your Name and you can draw on it. I will go tell Vanessa to put your name and hours."
"Ok."
"Remind us when you're not able to work through Friday."
"Ok."

I smile and she walks out the room. Rachel came and she sits down. We talk a little and she tells me about the other hair stylist while I write my name on it and then draw Nintendo things on it till the Vanessa came and told me that I have a client. I put the chalk away and look at Rachel.

"Do I wash their hair or do are there shampooers?" I asks.
"Shampooers," She said.

I nod my head and go out and deal with clients till it's 11:30 and the receptions told me that I'm off. I go and get my stuff then look at the apron. Rachel came in and I see she has one too and she puts it in her locker. I put it in mine and grab my bag and jacket.

"How do you like it?" She asks.
"It's good," I said.
"That's great."

I smile and nod my head and go out to the car and drive to Mike's school. I grab his bag and the papers in cubie then walk to him. Him and Ava clean up then grabs my hand. We walk to the car and I drive home and see Ryan is in his truck messing on his phone. I smile and Mike gets out and runs to Ryan since he got out once I pulled up. I get out and get Mike's Bag.

"Hey," I said.

He hugs me with one arm.

"How are you doing?" I asks.
"Good. So glad to be back home."

I smile and go inside. Ryan put Mike down. Mike runs upstairs. I put his bag up and put the papers in the cubie to look through later.

"When is Ken coming home?" Ryan asks coming in.
"After this Texas race. He had a meeting with Fox and the team wanted to do a little outdoor testing out there before he came home," I said.
"You went somewhere?" He asks.
"I got a job interview today. I got the job," I said.
"What are you doing?"
"Hair stylist again."
"That's great then."

I laugh at him and hug him.

"Let's go to Chipotle and celebrate," Ryan said.
"No," I said.
"Come on. Everyone at the bakery can come."
"No."
"You can pay."
"That is not the problem."

Mike came down and comes to Ryan.

"Get your shoes on," Ryan said.
"Why?" Mike said.
"Chipotle for lunch."
"Ok."

I sigh and shake my head. I grab my phone from my bag and see Ken text me good luck. I smile and text him that I got the job. I look and see Ryan and Mike looking at me.

"Are we just taking my truck?" I asks.
"Yeah. We should load his bike up so we can take him to the bakery," Ryan said.
"Can we Mommy?" Mike asks.
"Um you need to talk to Aldon about that Ryan."
"I did already. He said it's fine."

Mike looks at me and I nod my head and go to the garage. I go to the truck and start loading things in with Ryan's help. Mike grab Gear.

"Bag, we don't go out in gear," I said.
"Fine mom."

I smile and Ryan looks at me and I smile at him.

"Do you take him out ridding?" Ryan asks.
"He rides here a lot but we go out once a week to ride somewhere."
"That's good."

I nod my head and did a check off and figure we got everything we need. Ryan climb in and drove Chipotle. We get out and I see Adam's truck is here.

"So they are here," I said.
"Yeah I was not joking."
"You double book."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did."

He shakes his head and looks at me. I poke his nose and get out. I get Mike out and take him inside. We get our food and Ryan pays for it and we go where Adam and Marvin are. Adam hugs me then hold his hand out and Mike gives him a high five before going to sit in between Marvin and Ryan.

"Why are you wearing a dress if you're going to take him out ridding?" Adam asks.
"I had a job interview today."
"Does that mean I have to start going in to a shop to get my hair cut and paying for you to do it?"
"No."
"Does that mean you didn't get it or are you being a good friend."
"Good Friend. I got the job."
"That's great," Marvin said.
"Thank you. Is Mathilda out here too?" I asks.
"Yes. She's going out to eat with Chris's girlfriend."

I nod my head and we all start talking about how their training is going as we eat. We go to the bakery and look at Ryan.

"What about your truck?" I asks.
"You are on the way home," He said.

I look at him and he smiles at me and get Mike bike out and pick Mike up and put him in the bed.

"How many cars do you have?" He asks.
"I have two. I have had two for a while."

He nods his head and look at Mike who is putting his boots on.

"And Ken?" He asks.
"He has two in Florida and all three cars are his in California."
"Only three?"
"He doesn't see a reason to have a car there because if he doesn't need a truck he figure either I need a truck or we be together."
"You put a stop to him getting another car didn't you?"
"He brought home a Challenger for me after the idiot in Disneyworld sideswipe me in my old one."
"He got sponsorship for Dodge so it makes sense."

I look at Ryan kind of forgetting about it.

"Yeah but i still don't need another car just for me at a place I spend a month in," I said.

Mike came over and hand me his neck brace. I grab it and attach it to the straps that he has on already. I look at him and go over to the opening and check his boots and he grabs his helmet and goggles and put them on the end of the bed.

"Got everything on?" I asks.
"Yeah."
"Heart monitor?"
"Yeah."

I pull up his jersey and make sure it's on and working before setting him down on the ground. I grab his helmet and put it on him then put his goggles on. I smile and he goes to his bike and look since Ryan put it on the stand. Ryan moves it and start it and hold it to him and they go to the track. I grab my phone and see Ken text me to call him when I'm free. I call him and go towards to course to watch Mike.

"Hey," Ken said.
"Hey. What up?" I asks.
"So you got a job?"
"Yeah. I only work when Mike is in school and it seems like everything will work with our lifestyle."
"What if it doesn't?"
"Then i quit and find a new place that will."
"Thank god."

I laugh a little.

"Ready to come back?" I asks.
"Yes. You think we can go to Disneyworld on Sunday?"
"Of course we always go to Disneyworld on Sunday after a race."
"IT sounded like you didn't do it."
"Me and Mike don't do it. It's our family thing."
"Where are you at?"
"The Bakery. Mike is ridding with the guys."
"Is Anderson there?"
"No. It's Marvin, Adam and Ryan but Ryan isn't ridding right now."

We talk a little about is going on with him till he arrive at Glen Helen. I hang up and walk over where Ryan I and stand under the umbrella he is holding to block the sun.

"He rides like you," Ryan said.
"He has mine blood and I been the one telling him how to do things more," I said.
"Yeah."

I look at Ryan.

"What up?" I asks.
"You and Lindsay are fix right?" He asks.
"Yes we are."
"Good."

I hug him and he sighs and throw his arm around my shoulder.

"You ok?" I asks.
"I know my lifestyle isn't really good for a kid," He said.
"But you want one?"
"Yeah and it's possible. Right?"
"Yeah. Or me and Ken wouldn't work."
"But?"
"It's hard work."
"I know."
"She come around at some point."
"I know she will be."

I point to Mike.

"Any time you need to fill that urge you can have him. That will never change," I said.
"I know."

Adam came over and smiles at us.

"Your guys are so cute," He said.

I kick him and he glares at me.

"So how did the date go?" I asks.
"Not good she didn't think it was a good idea for a date," Adam said.
"So I was right?"
"Your always right."
"Yeah because I'm a female."
"Yeah you never let anyone forget that."
"It's too easy before Mike for people to forget it."

Adam laughs a little and shake his head. I grab my phone and see Mike's heart monitor is close to being too high. I go closer to the track. He looks at me and get off the track.

"Break?" He asks.
"Yeah."

He rides to the truck. I go over and get him a water bottle and he starts drinking it. I get a cookie and hold it out to him. He grabs it and start eating it while he talks to Ryan and Adam. Mike hands me the water bottle then start to get on his bike. I look at my phone and shake my head.

"You still need to take a breather," I told him.
"Can I talk to daddy?"
"Let me call him."

Adam picks him up and set him on the truck. I call Ken.

"Hey," Ken said.
"Are you able to talk?" I asks.
"Yeah. Let me talk to Mike."

I smile and hand it to Mike. He starts talking to Ken about school and what's going on there. I kiss Mike's head and get another cookie. He grabs it and smiles at me. I smile and sit down and grab a water bottle.

"How is wedding planing going?" Adam asks.
"It's going pretty well. Ceritan things are not being done becaucse Ken's not here but the place assure me that it's fine."
"You don't belive that it's your wedding?"
"It's about food and cake."
"Oh well that's nice of you to care about him about that."

I laugh and shake my head. Mike leands on me. I kiss his head and run my hand through his hair.

"Can you cut my hair?" Adam asks.
"Sure what to do that today?"
"Yeah."

Mike hangs up and start getting out of his gear.

"Done ridding?" I asks.
"Yeah. I want to watch Nemo."
"I like that Movie," Adam said.
"You watch it?" Ryan asks.
"Yes everyone our age has."
"No they haven't."

I rolled my eyes and look at Mike.

"Ready to go?" I asks seeing him putting on his shoes.
"Yeah."

I make sure his shoes are tied and pick him up and put him in his seat

"Get the bike in," I said and go to the front and get in the driving seat.

Ryan and Adam pack the bike up and I drive home. I get out and Mike gets out and help unpack for a bit before I go and start Finding Nemo. I lean against the wall watching as Ryan takes things out of the truck. Ryan looks at me.

"He normal never wants to stop ridding," Ryan said.
"That bakery was not meant for a 50pw Ryan. He's tired that's all."
"Ok."

I rolled my eyes and hug Ryan.

"You want a haircut?" I asks.
"No. I'm going to go watch Nemo."

I laugh and go to the kitchen and get water. Adam came in with Ryan.

"You going to watch him for like twenty minutes?" I asks.
"Yeah I got it," Ryan said.

I Nod my head and go and wash Adam's hair and he's quite.

"You ever got the feeling that whenever we talk and Ken isn't around people think I'm trying to take you from him?" Adam asks.
"No I always assume that people thought that I was the one flirting," I said.
"But you notice that right that people think it's odd."
"They think that I'm just Ken's Girl. A lot of people know I'm Ryan's little sister too. You stop and put a girlfriend and another rider going out to eat together seems odd."
"I guess you put it like that that people forget that we have been friends for a long time."
"You also got the few people who know and still think we were dating as teenagers and I left because you cheated on me. Why are you letting it bother you?"
"Emily was asked what exactly was going on. She told me about it a little shocked that someone would think we would dating."
"She wasn't around press where they teased us all the time."
"That's true."

I put the razor down and grab the scissors and start cutting it.

"You should ask the Cinnabon girl out," I said.
"She is cute."
"And that really all that matters."
"At my age yes. It's why Ken asked you out."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"It is. Your personality is why he kept asking you out," He said.
"He had to like my personality a little bit before asking me out."
"Ok it's why he figure out where you worked and we all went in there."
"I can't believe that you got Poto do that."
"We talk to his wife and she got him to do it."

I laugh and shake my head at him.

"You are the best wing man ever then," I said.
"Hey I went in to talk to you too. You were my best friend," He said.
"You are my best friend now."
"Yeah I know. I'm the best."

I rolled my eyes at him and put the clippers down and move so he can look in the mirror.

"It's good," he said.
"Thank you."

I grab the brush and brush the hair off of him. He gets up and take his shirt off. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sunday when we go to Cinnabon for you and Mike I ask her out," He said.
"Great."

He smiles and walks out. I clean up then go and sit down at the couch next to Ryan.

"You want to come over for dinner?" Ryan asks.
"Yeah," I said.
"Got to go to sleep early so you're not dragging with working now."
"Yeah I know. I got to wake up early to go get Starbucks before I drop him off."

He rolled his eyes and I lean against him and watch the rest of Nemo with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit