I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Sick Day

I'm wake up and go to Mike's room and see he is sleeping. I go over and shake him lightly. He opens his eyes at me and pout.

"Don't you want to go over to Ava's?" I ask.
"Not today."

I look at him since he sounded sick. I get up and grab the strep throat test I brought at the store and go over and hand it to him and told him to stick it in his mouth. He put in his mouth then leans against my side. I kiss his forehead and feel that it's hot. I take the strip out and see he doesn't have strep throat.

"Good news you don't have Strep throat but you’re sick. I'm going to call work ok?" I ask.
"And Rachel."
"Yes and Rachel to let her know that you are sick. How does your chest feel?"
"Normal."

I nod my head and go to my room and garb my phone then grab socks and put them on and go downstairs calling my work. I sit on the counter and tell them I can't come then I send a text to Rachel saying that Mike is sick. Ken came in and looks at me.

"You’re in pajamas still," He said.
"Mike is sick. I'm staying home."
"I can take care of him."
"You are taping videos today. You can't reschedule TV time and Kenny someone I don't have pull with will be upset if you cancel that."
"Where am i doing that?"
"Phone I made sure it was all in your phone."

He kisses my forehead. I grab the child's Advil and get a cup of apple juice. I go and hand it to Mike and get him take his Advil. I move and lay down in Mike's bed. Mike lies down on my chest. I run my hands over his back and he falls asleep. Ken came in making me look at him.

"They are shooting here. They will be here in thirty minutes to show up," He said.
"Let me go get breakfast."

He nods his head and move Mike off of me.

"No mommy," Mike wines.
"I'm going to get breakfast do you want to come with me?"
"Yeah."

I carry him and go downstairs and sit him in a chair.

"What do you feel like?" I ask.
"Drink."

I nod my head and get the blender out and make a smoothie for him. I hand it to him and get the pancakes and make myself pancakes. I sit down and eat them with Mike. I did the dishes and grab a cup and put water in it.

"Can we stay in the playroom?"
"Yeah."

I carry him and take him to the play room and lay down on the couch with Mike on my chest again. I grab the remote and put on a race. I rub his back and he falls asleep. Ken hands me my phone.

"You good?" I ask.
"Yeah I’m good. I called Emily and she said she will bring lunch for you two just got to text her when you want it and what you want."
"Why Emily?" Mike asks.
"Because she can open the garage," Ken said.
"Thanks for that," I said.
"No problem. They will be here soon. Need anything from the living room?"
"Pillows," I said.
"Blanket," Mike said.

Ken nods his head and walk away. I rub his back and grab my phone and see Lindsay called me. I rolled my eyes and text her asking her want she wanted. She text me that she just wanted to see what Mike was up to today and if he wanted to spend the day with her. I text her that he's a little sick so me and him are just going to stay home. Lindsay called me making me sigh and answer it.

"Hey," I said.
"You don't have to stay home because Mike is Sick. I can watch him," Lindsay said.
"I already called in but I remember it for later on and tell Ken. I call you back. I have to Call Ellie and Brittany."
"What?"
"Mike was over there a lot this week. I need to let me know that he's sick to be on a watch out for their kids."
"Oh right. Ok I will take him tomorrow. Want time do you want me to be there?"
"Lindsay, I don't know if you’re going to be watching him tomorrow. I won't take it off but Ken might decide to watch him."
"Then why didn't he do it today?"
"He has to shoot for behind the Motos or something like that."
"Oh ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and Mike looks at me.

"I don't want Aunt Lindsay to watch me. She doesn't give me cookies or juice," Mike said.
"Juice?"
"The ones with the orange top bottles."

I sigh remembering I let Lindsay watch him one time where he wasn't really able to keep food down so I was making sure he was drinking Gatorade.

"One I think I told her to not give you cookies that time," I said.
"She doesn't give me cookies at all. She tells Uncle Ryan to not give me cookies and that they don't have any cookies," Mike said.
"Ok baby," I said.
"Good."

I kiss his head and call Ellie.

"Hey Jezebel," She said.
"Hey. I know given how much time Mike was spending with your kids the last week I better tell you that he's a little sick today," I said.
"Yeah Peace is sick too. I was about to call you."
"It's fine. Have you called Brittany?"
"Yeah."
"Ok then I won't called her."
"No problem. What’s wrong with him?"
"He's got a little fever and just tired."
"Ok Peace is the same way. I will call you if anything else happens so you know what's going to happen."
"Thanks."

Mike looks at me and pouts.

"Bye Mike is getting annoyed with me talking," I said.

She laughs a little and said bye. I hang up and kiss his forehead. Ken came and dumps a blanket on Ken and I sit up so he can put a pillow on the couch's arm. He puts a beanie on me making me smile at him. He kisses my lips.

"They just got to the gate so they will be here soon," He said.
"Ok. We will be quite."
"Ok. I will make sure that they are quite also so he can sleep."

I nod my head. He kisses my lips again then kiss Mike's forehead before leaving the room. I get comfortable and lay down and before start organizing the table settings on my phone. Mike wake up and looks at me.

"Hungry?" I ask.
"Yeah want soup."

I nod my head and text Emily what me and mike and I can order it online for her and I will get her something there too. She text me back that she already ate so I can just order it.

I order the food and put it under Emily's name. I lean back and rub Mike's back.

"When are you and daddy are going to get married?" Mike asks.
"We are going to get married after the season. We are planning the wedding. It takes a long time to do it."
"Will grandpa and Grandma be nice to him?"
"Grandpa seems to be getting better. I'm sure Grandma is the same way."
"But will they be nice?"
"Yes they will be nice."

I feel his head and see his fever is down.

"How's your throat feeling?"
"Not so good. I want hot tea."

I nod my head and text Emily if she can get me some Green tea form star bucks too. She text me she do it after she gets Panera and I'm buying her a drink there too. I text her that it's fine. Mike looks at the TV.

"Can it be change?" Mike asks.
"Yeah what do you want to watch?"
"I want to see Uncle Ryan on a 250."

I nod my head and call Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"Hey what year were you on a 250?" I ask.
"What?"
"Mike wants to watch you on a 250 and I don't know what year of races to pull for him."
"Why are you with Mike right now?"
"He had a fever this morning. Now tell me what year you were on a 250."
"Are you sick too?"
"Ryan I’m ready to drive where ever you are to throw my phone at your head."
"I turn pro 2006 and I won the lights class in 2009."
"Thank you."
"Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and shake my head. I go and get 2009's race off the shelf and put it in the DVD player. I sit down and Mike lays his head on my lap.

"How do you have races form every year?" Mike asks.
"I taped them and put them on DVDs."
"Even before I was born?"
"Yeah."

I run my hand through his hair and start the movie. Emily came and set the food down.

"Did you grab Honey?" I ask.
"Yes."
"Thank you."
"No problem."

I move Mike and get the food out and make the tea to how I like it. Mike came and climb in my lap. I hand him the Tea. He drinks it and eats his soup a little before going back to the couch.

"Done?" I ask.
"Yeah."

I move the Tea to the end table and start eating talking to Emily quietly. Ken came in after a bit.

"Did you eat?" I ask.
"No."

I hand him the food I order for him. He nods his head.

"Thank you," He said.
"No problem. Are you done?" I ask.
"They are relocating to outside."

I nod my head and smile at him. He sits down and eats with us while we talked.

Ken looks at the TV and titles his head.

"When is this?" Ken asks.
"2009," I said.
"Why you watching this far back?"
"Wanted to see Uncle Ryan race his 250," Mike said.
"I think this is when it was just lights class," I said.

Ken laughs and Emily gets up.

"Thank you," I said.
"No problem. See you guys later."
"Bye."

I wave at her. A guy came in and looks at us.

"Um Ken we are ready," He said.
"Ok right," Ken said.

Ken gets up and kiss Mike's forehead. He looks at me. I turn my head and feel his head and get up.

"Go, He just needs more Advil," I said.
"Right."

Ken walks outside. I grab the Advil and go and hand it to Mike. He takes it then sits up. I clean up lunch then sit down and run my hand over his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit