I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Baking

I'm in the dining room that is pretty much turn in to the place for wedding decorations. I 'm putting posters and pictures in frames. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Brittany.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey. Are you working today?" Brittany asks.
"I got off already. So what you need?"
"I want to bake like a lot. I called up a few other wives so it can be a party and haven't really gotten much response."
"Have you called Lindsay?"
"Yeah she said she wasn't feeling like it."
"Start coming over, I call her and get her to come. She just might do something for the wedding instead of baking."
"Ok sounds good."
"Call me when you are close incase I'm out buying supplies or getting Mike form school."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and call Lindsay.

"Hey," Lindsay said.
"Hey. Come over to the house and bake with me and Brittany," I said.
"I really don't want to."
"Come on it be fun. If you don't bake you can do something I have to do for the wedding."
"Fine bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and go and see my baking supplies and see they are low. I make a list of things and go and get everything. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Brittany and see that my alarm is going to go off in the next minutes to go get Mike.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey I’m ten minutes away,” Brittany said.
"I have to go get Mike form school. Let me call Lindsay and see if she's able to come so you can just go right in."
"I'm fine. I go get Starbucks."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and buy everything and turn my alarm off. I go to my car and put the groceries away. I get in and call Lindsay while driving.

"Hey," Lindsay said.
"Hey. I'm picking Mike up form School."
"Ok I will head over to your house."
"Ok. Brittany will be there some time. One of these days you got to come to see how to do it."
"He doesn't just come to the car?"
"No. You got to go and walk to the Classroom area. It's a lot simpler then it was in kindergarten they don’t check you."
"OK I come tomorrow."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and park in the parking lot. I go and get in the section and go over to Rachel.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey. You know you can work longer now that Mike is in school longer," She said.
"Right now I'm putting the final touches with my wedding. I might do it after the wedding."
"Ok just want to let you know."
"Thanks i appreciate it."

She nods her head and look at me.

"When is the wedding?"
"September 16th," I said.
"Ok. You got a Honeymoon?"
"Yeah we leave that Tuesday want to make sure we drop Mike off before with my family who going to watch him."
"Where you guys going?"
"Germany."
"That's an interesting place."
"Ken's form Germany and I have only been once."
"Really?"
"With his job and the school they conflict with time off for us to take time to go."
"That's got to be hard on him."
"It is. His family comes out a lot more than they did. I know he misses it since it was the only place he mentioned about going."

She laughs and nods her head. Mike came and hand me a paper. I look at it and see it's a allergy note about things. I put it in my bag. I look at Rachel.

"See you tomorrow," I said.
"Yeah you too."

I nod my head.

"When can Mike and I have a play date like in the summer?" Ava asks.
"We will talk about that tomorrow while waiting for you guys to come here," Rachel said.
"Ok Mommy. Bye Mrs. Roczen."
"Bye Ava."

Mike waves at Rachel and grabs my hand. I Smile and go to the car and start driving home.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.
"Yeah. Can we get McDonald?" Mike ask.
"Yeah. What did you eat for lunch?"
"It was a hamburger."

I nod my head knowing that Mike really didn't eat much. I grab my phone and call Lindsay.

"Hey," Lindsay said.
"Hey do you or Brittany want anything form McDonalds?" I ask.
"We are good. She picked us all Starbucks."
"Ok. I will be coming back soon."
"Got it. What is Mike going to do?"
"Mike is going to do his homework when we get there."
"Ok."
"I call my brother."
"Ok bye."

I hang up and look at Mike.

"You want to see Uncle Ryan after you’re done with your homework?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"Ok I call Him after we get food."

I drive and get Mike and Me food since I haven't eaten lunch. I grab my phone and call Ryan while grabbing my sandwich.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"Hey. So you want to hang out with your nephew?" I ask.
"Yeah. Lindsay said you guys are doing a girl thing today and I know Ken is leaving today."
"Yeah. Not going with them?"
"No. I don't know what they are all planning but they are planning something."

I laugh and nod my head.

"Got it, I call you when Mike is done with his homework," I said.
"I can help him do it."
"Ok, I drop him off then."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and eat my sandwich while driving. I park at Ryan's house. I get out with the food. Ryan looks at me as Mike grabs the bag.

"He had a Hamburger for lunch. I forgot to check the menu this week to make food for him to counter act him not really eating lunch," I said.
"Got it."

Ryan grabs the bag.

"Grab your back pack. We got to do your homework before we go to the park," Ryan said.
"Ok."

I grab Mike's soda and hand it to him. Ryan grabs it and smiles at me. I bend down and kiss Mike's head.

"See you later," I said.
"Ok Mommy. Will Daddy come before he goes?" Mike asks.
"Yes. I promise."
"Ok."

He hugs me tight. I go back to my car and drive to the house. I grab my sweet tea then grab the bags. I go over and see Brittany is there and Lindsay is holding Haven.

"Hey," I said.
"Where is Mike?" Brittany asks.
"He went with Ryan."
"Ken?" Lindsay asks.
"Um He's doing something. He mumbled when I ask him when he said bye."

Lindsay looks at me so I smile at her.

"So what are you thinking of making?" I ask.

Brittany gets up and grabs a bag and pull out a can of pumpkin.

"Pumpkin cookies," She said.
"Got a recipe?" I ask.
"Yeah."

I grab the mixer form its spot and put it on the counter so it's easier to use. I plug it in.

Brittany grabs her phone and I read the recipe and nod my head then go and put my phone on the speaker and put on a playlist that I like when I'm baking. I turn the oven on and start measuring things while talking to her and Lindsay and Lindsay is holding Haven. We put the cookies away and I grab the bowl and put it on the side and grab another one and turn around and see Lindsay and Brittany looking at me.

"We can start on the frosting," I said.
"Is that your baking things?" She asks.
"Yeah."
"Can I look?"
"Yeah."

I open it and she starts looking at it. Ken came in.

"Got it done?" I ask.
"Yeah, you got the ties for the guys’ right?" Ken asks.
"Yes. It's with Mike's suit."
"Good."

I laugh and Ken came and kisses my lips.

"Where is Mike?" Ken asks.
"With Ryan, go pack and I'm sure you can go play with them before you go."
"Ok."

He kisses my forehead. Brittany looks at him then at me.

"This is tons of stuff," Brittany said.
"Is it?" I ask.
"Yes. I told you this," Lindsay said.
"I just assume it's because you don't do any real baking," I said.
"I make Christmas cookies and the Lactation Cookies."

I scrunch my face up making Ken laugh a little.

"So what did you do today?" Lindsay asks looking at Ken.
"Got cufflinks. I got Mike some too,” Ken said.

I turn my head and hold my hand out. He laughs and grabs the box and hand them to me. I open the box and pick one up and see they are a little smaller than normal sizes and smile seeing its black and engrave with Roczen on it.

"I like them," I said.
"I got matching ones,” Ken said.

I nod my head and put it back and hand him the box.

"They are good. Put them up before you go back. You only got 3 hours till the plan leaves," I said.
"Right."

Ken kisses my head and go upstairs.

"Where is he going?" Lindsay asks.
“Bachelor party, they going to Detroit since he also has a Soaring Eagle thing going on too," I said.

I turn and look at Brittany.

"So I really have a lot of baking things?" I ask.
"Yes," Brittany said laughing.
"It's relaxing to bake."
"You made enough cookies the week of Vegas for two teams. Kenny gave me one since there were so much of them."
"They were good cookies were they not."
"They were great cookies," Lindsay said.
"I know."

I smile and get the cooling racks down and put them up and set them up so they stack.

"So any reason why you got a ton of baking things?" Brittany asks.
"Um I like baking," I said.
"Right."
"My brothers ten to hand me pans. Ken family told them to stop since there was no room in the kitchen in the old house. And Ryan thinks the only house warming present is a mixer."
"He has brought you 3 mixers,” Lindsay said.

I nod my head.

"3?" Brittany asks.
"One when I was in Australia, but it broke coming here. Then one when I move to Florida and a second one when I moved in with Ken. "
"When did you live in Australia?"
"I was there almost a year I left after Halloween in 12."

My phone rings making me grab it and see its Ken asking me where things are. I rolled my eyes.

"I got to go help Ken pack," I said.

Lindsay looks at me and smiles. I rolled my eyes. I go upstairs and go to Ken's closet and see him looking at me.

"First off what did you do with Brittany?" Ken asks.

I laugh and get up and open his tie draw and grab the book and hold it out to him. He looks at it and then at me.

"Don't show anyone and don't lose it dear god just don't lose it," I said.

He grabs it and looks at it then open it. He looks at it then at me.

"Holy shit," Ken said.

I bit my lip and look at him. He sets it down and kisses my lips.

"Like it?" I ask.
"Yeah," Ken said.
"What do you not do?"
"Show anyone. This is mine."

I nod my head and kiss his lips. I go to his bag and see he has only tee shirts pack. I go and start packing for him. I pat his head making him look at me.

"I packed for you," I said.
"Thanks."

I grab the book and go and put it in his bedside table.

"Double check then goes see Mike," I Said.
"Of course."

I kiss his lips and go downstairs and Lindsay looks at me. I stick my tongue out at her.

"Here hold her," Lindsay said.

I rolled my eye and grab Haven. I move my hair away.

"You are going to bake?" I ask.
"Just want to watch you with a baby," Lindsay said.

I rolled my eyes. Ken came down with his bags.

"See you later," Ken said.
"Have fun,” I said.

He nods his head and kisses my lips. He looks at Lindsay and Brittany.

"Good bye," Ken said.
"Wait," Lindsay said.
"What?"

Ken looks at her.

"How does she look with a baby in her arms?" Lindsay asks.
"Good? The baby is cute," Ken said.
"Thank you," Brittany said.
"Does it make you want a baby?"
"No, but we talked about kids and the time for that."

Ken kisses my forehead and then looks at Brittany.

"I like you," Ken said.

Brittany nods her head and Ken leaves. Lindsay's phone rings and she walks out to the living room.

"What was that about?" Brittany asks.
"Lindsay or Ken at the end?" I ask.
"Both."
"People expected me to blush and get mad when they bring up another baby. I learn to not react to the family so they have to get Ken."
"You guys talked about a time for it?"
"I want to have the baby after the wedding and during the off season."
"OK and now at the end?"
"I gave him the little black book. It has been the thing with Brittany. It was quite funny."

Brittany laughs and shake her head.

"You are totally a little shit. I mean you said you are and you show it, but I just see that right now," Brittany said.
"I know. The funny thing is there is a long running joke with my brothers and no one has called me and Ryan on it till Ken this year but he kept it quite so I can still do it with Jade and Blake."

Lindsay came and smiles at me.

"Megan and Blake are coming in today," She said.
"That's great."

Brittany starts making the frosting. I hand Lindsay the baby and get up and put more dough on the pan. I grab the bags and frosting tips. I grab the stands and put it on with the frosting. Brittany looks at it.

"Where did you get this?" Brittany asks.
"Megan gave me them for the shower. I love them and got more."
"Why?" Lindsay asks.
"So they can hold different colors."

Brittany looks at me.

"Next we are doing your cookies," Brittany said.
"Like what?" I ask.
"What do you bake the most?"
"Puente butter cookies dipped in chocolate."
"That's Mike's Favorite" Lindsay said.

Brittany goes to the cabinet my baking stuff is and pulls out the cooking cutters and pours it on the counter.

"What do you do with these?" She asks.
"Sometimes I do a sugar cookie sometimes it's a Peanut Butter cookie," I said.
"And you pipe white chocolate with colors?"
"Yeah."
"Let's do some sugar cookies."

I nod my head and she put the frosting in the bag. I grab it and pipe it in a circle.

"Who thought you how to do this?" Brittany asks.
"I took a couple classes at Michaels about piping and working fondant."

Lindsay looks at me.

"You took classes?" Lindsay asks.
"Yeah. What you thought I learn from someone?" I ask.
"Your mother."

I rolled my eyes since my brothers can cook and bake but making things look nice is not where her skills are at. Brittany nods her head.

"So I got a question," Brittany asks.
"What is it?" Lindsay asks.
"You ask about ideas about getting the girls together and I know we don’t talking about racing but what about ridding a dirt bike just to feel how it is.”
"That's a great idea. I never have ridden one."

They look at me but I just continue to pipe things.

"Jez?" Lindsay asks.
"I won't do it," I said.
"You don't think it could be fun?" Brittany asks.
"I'm sure it could be fun for most people. It's just one of the things that aren’t for me."
"Are you bad at it?"
"I haven't ridden since I got pregnant but before that I was pretty good."
"What's pretty good?"
"Besides my last race where I was dealing with a lot of personal things I got only podiums."

Brittany looks at me.

"You can teach us how to ride," Brittany said.
"I don't know how,” I said.
"You thought Mike to ride right?"
"No Ryan did that."
"Well it's an idea to try out.”

I nod my head and start making sugar cookies. Brittany sits down and grabs Haven.

"What's in those two doorways?" Brittany asks.
"The playroom that doesn't get used much, and the dining room that is pretty much where I have everything for the wedding that I'm doing."

Lindsay gets up and looks at the room.

"You don't have the table cloth your mom gave you?" Lindsay asks.
"Not on now. its butcher paper right now so I can do some minor things without damaging it or the table," I said.

Brittany gets up and looks at it.

"Oh you put the Tea seat up to look pretty," Brittany said.
"Yeah, I only use lose leaf tea. I love the tea pot and cups and everything so it's on show like good china."

She laughs and came over and looks at me.

"So what Tea pot do you use?" She asks.
 
I turn the mixer off and grab the tea pot form the cupboard and show her.

"What got you on the Lose Leaf tea if it isn't form Starbucks?" Brittany asks.
"Ryan gave me a tea pot he didn't know what it was but he knew I need I tea pot and he got me a random one that had high reviews but it gave me for contains of leafs. It got a Tea that soothes sore throat the best," I said.
"It tastes like cough syrupy," Lindsay said.
"One you don't put honey in your Tea which is wrong. Honey really is what sooths the throat when it hurts and seconds you drank it cold. Hot with honey it's the best way."

Brittany looks at me then her.

"We don't see Eye to Eye about flavors," I said.
"I can see that," Brittany said.
"She likes things overly Sweet and processes," Lindsay said.
"I like good food and McDonald is the same no matter what country you go to so it's great."

Brittany nods her head.

"I got to admit going places overseas and seeing those has been like we going there Kyle because I want to have a feel like home," Brittany said.
"You are overseas to experience the area with the food."
"I was in Australia for a year. When I was ready to pass out dealing with a sick baby and zero sleep McDonalds being a piece of home that I didn't have to work at getting made it great so yeah I might have gotten my son a little stuck on it now but it's a constant in his life and I still like it."

Lindsay looks at me.

"It's food," She said.
"I been told have food for a lot of my strongest relationship," I said.
"What is Ryan's?" Brittany asks.
"Cookies more so Oreo’s. He always has them just to give out to her. She used to stick her hand out and he will get her one like it was nothing wired to have him carrying around Oreo’s," Lindsay said.
"Jade has turns in to Cinnamon rolls it used to be Gummy bears but he stops giving them to me. Cinnamon rolls were my Grandpa's food also. Then Blake's is Pizza but he won't pig out with me like he used to."
"It's because he has grown up."

I look at Brittany and rolled my eyes. I grab the flour and put it on the counter and put my dough out and get the roller pin and start rolling it out.

"What is your food for Ken?" Brittany asks.
"Got to be shrimp," Lindsay said.
"Subway," I said.
"Aw that's cute."

I Nod my head.

"What about mine or Whitney’s, Meghan's?" Lindsay asks.
"Your is Marshmallows. Whitney’s is doughnuts and Megan's is tatter tots," I said.
"Why?" Brittany asks.
"I threw Marshmallows at her for the first year Ryan was with her," I said.

Brittany looks at me then Lindsay.

"I had to pay my dues," Lindsay said.
"I wanted to see what people did when I started it and it got funny to see no one but her to tell me to stop and Ryan holding in his laughter," I said.
"Did you throw doughnuts at Whitney?" Brittany asks.
"No. After Jade introduce her to the family. She took me out the next day for doughnuts."
"She didn't get hazed?"
"No. I got it worst."

I rolled my eyes.

"I wouldn't take a doll form you for 6 months that's bad," I said rolling my eyes.
"Did you not like her when you meet her?" Brittany asks.
"I didn't care. I was just having fun plus she was kissing my ass. I was done with people kissing my ass because I'm Ryan's little sister."
"Whitney didn't get anything because she was with Jade?"
"No I just like her better at the start then her or Megan."
"Dose that have anything to do with you felt like she understood how you feel a little with being a sibling to a rider?"
"Most likely we talked about some things we had in common with our brothers."
"So Megan what you threw tatter tots at her?"

I laugh a little and nod my head.

"Her and Megan were not getting in long at the start. It too her leaving for them to get on the right foot," Lindsay said.
"I think it has something to do with me not liking Blake and bugging her was a good way to bug Blake."

I grab the Mushroom cookie cutter and start cutting cookie out.

"What kind of cutter are you using?" Lindsay asks.
"Mushroom for this pan. I change the shape I use with each pan," I said.
"Want help?" Brittany asks.
"I'm fine."

I finish the pan and put it in and then start on the next pan and grab the Yoshi egg since they are the same color as the mushroom. We start talking about what is going on for the wedding. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Ryan.

"Hey Ryan," I said.
"Hey Mike want to come home," He said.
"Then bring him home."
"Right ok. See you soon."
"Bye."

I hang up and rolled my eyes.

"Your husband is wired" I told Lindsay.
"Thanks. Let me help with the wedding since you are doing everything yourself," She said.
"Um, I got people's name to fold for the guest tables."
"I will do that."

I nod my head and Brittany looks at me.

"What is the bachelorette party?" Brittany asks.
"It's going to be something small and Lindsay's house right?" I ask.
"Who is invited?"
"It's going to be a few more people than the bridal party since she is having a small party compare to her wedding guest," Lindsay said.
"Don't see why I need ten people to stand up in my wedding."
"We can help do things like your favors with the rest of the girls."
"Oh the Favors are getting done with the baker. I just got to make up the box since I want this box and not just a bag. I have to deliver them the day before the wedding."
"Let me do that," Lindsay said.
"I can help too. Haven is asleep," Brittany said.

Mike came running in and stop and look at the baby.

"There is a baby on the floor in the car seat," Mike said.
"Yeah it's Brittany’s Baby," I said.

Mike looks at her and wave then hug Lindsay and came over and look at the cookies.

"Want a pumpkin cookie?" I ask.
"Is it good?"
"Yeah."

I grab one and tear it in half and hold it out to Mike. He grabs it and take a bit.

"I like it," He said.
"Thank you," Brittany said.
"Mommy did the icing."
"She piped it yeah."

Ryan came and I hand him the half of the cookie. He looks at it and grabs it and stuffs it in his mouth. Mike looks at Brittany and holds his finger up to his mouth.

"What?" Brittany asks.
"Ryan ate a cookie. Quite," I whisper to her.

She laughs a little shake her head.

"Are those the cookie cutters I got you?" Ryan asks.
"Yeah they are," I said.

Lindsay came in and looks at Ryan.

"You gave her those?" Lindsay ask.
"Yeah."
"When?"
"Around when we start dating. It's why you never knew it."

I look at Ryan and raise my eyebrow.

"What?" Ryan asks.
"I got them at Millville from you," I said.

Lindsay looks at him then me.

"You bribe your sister to meet me?" Lindsay asks.
"Yeah, I got you to bribe her too," Ryan said.
"That backfired and she hated me."
"I didn't like that because it was noticeable that Ryan gave you things to give me. You didn't stop and think about me. I hated you because I felt like you were taking people from me."

Mike looks at me then at Lindsay.

"She hasn't always been family?" Mike asks.
"No. Neither have Aunt Megan and Aunt Whitney. They become part of our family when they got married to my brothers," I said.
 
He looks at me.

"Like you and Daddy. They went through things and got married and share last names?" Mike asks.
"Yeah."
"And god didn't give them a kid yet?"
"Yeah."
"Cool. Can I put on Fantasia?" Mike asks.
"Yeah."
"Going to play with your bikes?" Ryan asks.
"Yeah. Come play with me."

Ryan nods his head. I grab a sugar cookie and hold it out to Mike. He smiles and grabs it and they go to the living room.

"I thought the play room was through there," Brittany said.
"It is but his bikes are in the living room as is all the things he watches regular," I said.

Lindsay looks at me.

"You thought I was taking Ryan away?" Lindsay asks.
"He never got serious with a girl form home so on the off season his attention was on me and not a female. It took adjusting too," I said.

She nods her head and looks at me.

"I never stop and think about it," She said.

I surged my shoulders knowing her and Megan never through about them taking my brothers away from me when they started dating like Whitney did.

"Didn't you feel like that with Whitney?" Lindsay asks.
"She knew that I was feeling it and address it at breakfast," I said.
"Oh."

I nod my head and put the last pan of sugar cookies out and then start making the frosting.

"Hey did Mike ask for Fantasia?" Brittany asks.
"Yeah. He loves it," Lindsay said.

Brittany looks at me.

"I can't sit through it and he cane?" She asks.
"I put it on when I was doing things. He grew up listening to it and watching it so he likes it," I said.

She nods her head and then looks at me.

"What about like Kids shows for him to watch?" Brittany asks.
"I put it on but after a while I wanted to kill the TV so I stop putting them on and put Disney movies on and races," I said.
"What about what they can teach kids?"
"Day care was teaching him and most likely watching shows too."

She nods her head and her phone rings. She grabs is and sighs.

"I got to go. Kyle and his dad want to see Haven," She said.
"I had fun," I said.
"Me too."

She hugs me then Lindsay.

She leaves and I go back to frosting the cookies and put them up on the stands. I grab one and go to the living room and sit down on the couch.

"Can I rewind it to the start of this scene?" I ask seeing it's the Sorcerer's Apprentice scene.
"Yeah Mommy," He said.

I grab it and rewind it then pause it.

"Homework?" I ask.
"All done. Daddy checked it. We played in the park," Mike said.
"That's great."

I smile and he nods his head. I look and see its pass dinner time.

"Shrimp or Pizza?" I ask.
"Got to go buy shrimp?" Mike asks.
"Yeah."
"Pizza."

I grab my phone and order pizza then look at Ryan and Lindsay.

"You guys want Pizza?" I ask.
"Yeah," Ryan said.
"What about Megan and Blake?" Lindsay asks.
"They are renting a car. They won't be here for dinner."
"I need to clean the house."

Ryan sighs and looks at Lindsay.

"You stay I will go and clean the house," Lindsay said.
"Ok," Ryan said.
"He will bring cookies," I said.
"Thanks."

I nod my head. Lindsay leaves and Ryan looks at me. He sits down and warps his arm around my shoulders and he grabs my phone and picked the Pizza he wants. I put the movie on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit