I Have the Only Key to Your Heart

Rehearsal Dinner

I'm sitting down in a chair at the rehearsal as Ken is making sure everything is paid. Pops comes and sits down next to me.

"What up?" I ask.
"We respect your traditions," He said.
"Did someone say something about what is going to be going on tonight at the rehearsal dinner?"
"No. Ken has let it be know that you have not been told that there something he wants done."
"Please tell me it's not to add in the ceremony because I swear I try to get him to make sure everything is to his liking."
"It is typical after the church part what we just practice but can be change."
"What is it so I can go talk to the wedding planner."
"We saw a log in half to show that marriage is work."

I look at him and title my head since Ken never mention that to me.

"Ken has never mention that tradition to me once in making sure he got what he thinks a wedding is about as well as me," I said.
"It's a real tradition."

I nod my head and get up and look at Ken.

"Did my dad talk to you about tonight?" Ken asks.
"No. It's the rehearsal dinner tonight," I said.
"It's the a Polterabend."
"You explain that you do it the night before the wedding so it's the rehearsal dinner. What is this about a log cutting tradition?"
"Oh yeah."
"Do you want to do that?"
"It's a really common thing but I figure you wouldn't want to do that."
"Serious? Do you want to half of the things we are doing?"
"No but."
"Shut up. Do you want to do this? Is this important to you?"
"Yes."
"Why haven't you talked about this?"
"I didn't think you do it so I haven't talked about it. My mom ask me if we doing it and I said no."
"She asked if you wanted to and you say yes?"
"Yeah. It was last night."
"Kinda wish you told me about this."
"I called the wedding planner last night also about doing it."
"You drunk a little didn’t you?"
"Yeah."
"I don't know if it's acceptable for this place."

Ken smiles at me and kiss my forehead. The wedding planner comes up.

"Ok so the groom talked to me last night about this German tradition about cutting a log," She said.
"Yeah. Can we do that?" I ask.
"They will do it I figure we will do during the cocktail hour Since it has to be outside and it can signified the end of it or the start of it"

I nod my head fine with that.

"That's great idea," Ken said.
"I don't know how to set this up," She said.
"My family and I took care of it. They will do it in the morning."
"Ok I will tell your dad when to start setting it up."
"Ok thank you."
"Your welcome any other tradition to know of?"
“No.”

I get up and Pops looks at Ken.

"We are doing in the cocktail hour. You got to set it up and the wedding planner will tell you when to set it up," Ken said.
"That's all good. We painted the seahorse purple so it goes," Pops said.
"What color is the log?" I ask.
"It's a grey branch. It's going to be easy to cut. My wife and Zoey try and did it."
"The saw is purple and white too right?" Ken said.
"Yes."

I nod my head and Ken looks at me.
 
"I will go get everyone to head to the house," Pops said.
"Yes good idea," Ken said.

Pops starts gathering people I sit down and Ken looks at me.

"I'm sorry you felt like this is behind your back. I really didn't mean to do that. I would have been happy without it," Ken said.
"It is important to you," I said.
"Yeah I know but."
"No it's important to you and you felt like you couldn't tell me."
"You have been told what has to be done for the wedding the day after we got engage. I just didn't want to add to it."
"Baby I got upset with people because they are giving their opinion when it wasn't asked. I ask you because I want to make sure that everything we think is important to weddings are in there. I'm hurt right now that you didn't think you could tell me about something that is important to you. We are getting married. This is about us not just me Ken. It's why I want you to have a say about things. Is there something else that is important that you haven't told you that I can see about adding to the wedding?"
"Don't wear a vile over your face. I don't get it and I don't like it."
"I'm not wearing a Vile. I'm wearing a head piece so it's not the floral crowns but it's not a vile."
"Wait how did you know about that?"
"Zoey ask me what my head piece is going to be if I'm going to wear a flower crown or a tiara. I looked at pictures then took her shopping and she found one she liked and through gave it good nod but won't mess up my look."
"I remember you taking her out with my mother."
"She went to just to give her opinion. It was really fun we got my shoes the same day."
"I'm sorry. I knew I could tell you that I wanted it but I didn't think it was as important as it feels to be."

I nod my head and kiss his head.

"I respect that you're not American and get that you have different traditions then me," I said.
"So I should tell you about tonight."
"We don't have to cut down a tree to get the log?"
"No. We are going to eat, drink, break plates and have fun till 11."
"Why?" I ask.
"To show good luck. It's a German Tradition. We are not fucking with you."
"We got Sagie and Mike."
"We will be super careful. I promise."
"Ok so not to be rude but this doesn't seem like something your father will do to me. I don't care if it's a tradition."
"Lindsay got to him. Your family pushing you and pulling you about trying to fit our wedding in to their percipient of a wedding like the engagement party. After last night my dad pretty much said that we are going to do it and he's sorry if you get upset with it but your family has to realized that it's about us."
"As long as no one gets hurt I'm fine with this."
"Really?"
"It's just family and the wedding party right?"
"Yeah."
"We know Jade is going to enjoy this."
"Jade will fit right in with Germany if he learns to keep his clothes on."

I laugh and go to the car and Ken drives to our house. He leads me outside where everyone is and pops is still what explains what is going on.

"Jezebel great," Lindsay said getting up.
"Hey," I said.
"This is not a typical rehearsal dinner."
"It's German rehearsal dinner so it's not American and might be wired to us but Ken is German so this is to be expected and sounds fun."
"It sounds fun to break plates."
"Yes," Jade said.

Lindsay looks at him and Jade rise his eyebrows at her.

"This isn't what typical happens," Lindsay said.
"It is for Ken. It's not just my wedding," I said.
"Ken understands he been to weddings here."
"Stop being rude to my husband and in laws because they are from a different country."
"That's not what is going on."
"I can't think about how you going to react with the tradition we added in the wedding because it's a German tradition."
"What dose breaking plates symbolize?"
"Brings good luck. We clean it up to show that we have to work together to get through the tough parts of life."

Megan came up and looks at Mike and Saige.

"What about the kids?" She asks.
"Mike stay away from the people throwing plates ok?" Ken said.
"Ok Daddy. Pops told me this already."
"Taken care of that problem. Come on it's going to be fun try it."

Jade gets up and grab a plate form the pile and throw it at our feet making Lindsay and Meghan back away.

"That is fun," Jade said.
"Let's eat, Drink and throw plates," I said.
"Sounds great," Pops said.

I smile and His family comes and throws plates at us then greets us. I look and see Ryan is off to the side with Mike in his arms. I grab on to Ken's arm. He looks at me and kisses my head.

"Ok let's eat then more breaking," Pops said.

They cheer and i smile seeing Jade cheer with them. I go over to Ryan and he hands me Mike right away. I hold on to him tight.

"Are you ok?" Mike asks.
"Yes I’m fine. They were throwing them away from us."
"Ok."
"You want to throw one?"
"Yeah. Zoey really explain it."

I nod my head and take him over and he picks up a plate and he throws it with the other plates. I stop and pick up a plate and see it's the only dishes I got out form the bridal shower. I go over to Pops.

"Did you use my bridal presents for this?" I ask.
"Only the ones you don't like. Your tea pot is safe," He said.
"Thank god. Thanks."
"No problem."

I go over and set Mike down seeing Ken got us plates already and drinks. We go over and Ken kiss my head.

"Your really not mad because my dad would have cancel it," Ken said.
"It's good all those plates shale be broken."
"Got it."

Lindsay sits down and looks at me.

"Break a plate it's fun," I said.
"Is this just to mess with me?” Lindsay
"No it's a real tradition. I don't ask if any of your things are fake,” Ken said.
"I don’t mean to insult you Ken but this is odd."
"It's different from what you’re used to but so is a lot of the things that is happening. This is a tradition that my family thinks is important. "
"If you don't can't you stop it."
"I like it so he won't. I had the power to stop it once I was told about it,” I said.
"But it's different."
"They toned it down to make it just the party and close family. It's normally very big and anyone who heard can come. We are closing it up early so I can go do your sleep over thing at the hotel."
"I have a feeling this is pay back from last night."
"It's not. Look it up it's a real thing."
"Right."

Whitney came and look at me.

"Are you doing the log cutting thing in the ceremony?" Whitney asks.
"No cocktail hour at the close of it," Ken said.
"Ok got that."

I nod my head.

"What?" Lindsay asks.
"She said there going to be German traditions in the wedding and I look up things and that the only one that make sense that will be real noticeable."
"And Ken is going to wear his wedding Ring on his right hand."
"Why?" Lindsay asks.
"It's what they do in Germany and he's German so it makes sense."
"Right."
"We can't stop this can we?"
"Are you the only one who spouse to throw Mommy parties for the wedding?" Mike asks.
"What?" Lindsay asks.
"You upset because pops are throwing them a party."
"No it's a wired party this isn't like my engagement party."
"Daddy and Mommy are not you."
"I just didn't think your mom would want this."
"She didn't want a lot of things but you still did it."
"Are you upset with me Mike?"
"Yes you made mommy upset last night."
"I didn't mean to."
"You didn't listen to her."
"Mike stop," Ken said.
"But dad."
"Aunt Lindsay gets it stop it ok your digging it in now."
"I go play with Zoey," Mike said.
"Ok."

He goes to Zoey and they go to where the plates are and Mike throws it again.

"What the hell was that?" Lindsay asks.
"You got to stop thinking that Mike doesn't pick up on things that is around," I said.
"What is he talking about I throw things that you didn't want?"
"To be fair she didn't want the engagement party, the Bridal shower, the party last night and really the slumber party,” Ken said.
"I think I will like it form what Taylor told me about it,” I said.
"It's going to be great and easy just movie and junk food," Whitney said.
"Great."

Lindsay looks at me.

"Mike picked up that you didn't want them?" She asks.
"Mike can't figure out his emotions but he can figure out emotions and I don't always hide my emotions when it’s just Ken and Mike. Mike has always been able to get how I feel. He does things like that which we are working on it but he's is seeing emotions and calling it right and explaining it just wish it was his emotions."
"Mike is in tune to his mother. He cares about you Lindsay and wants you to make his mom happy again instead pissed off so he can spend time with you,” Ken said.

Lindsay looks at me and sighs then look at her hands.

"I wish that you didn't feel like I took your brother away from you," Lindsay said.
"I felt like that with all three of you. I have gotten over it. I'm sure my brothers feel like Ken doses it too," I said.
"I know Ryan did. It's why we fought when we start living together," Ken said.
"How can you just get over it?" Lindsay asks.
"Because I grew up. I see that you’re the love of his life so instead of losing time with my brother I get a sister. I thought you got that,” I said.
"It seem like you never want to talk about it and you just drop it like a bomb."
"I open up to you that day Lindsay. I let you in to my feelings. I haven't let you in like ever before and you just seem to not get that."
"Why did you never tell me this before?"
"It wasn't important. It's not important to me now. I see that he wasn't wasting time to be with me and again I gain a sister."
"Lindsay you going to understand this a little more when your brothers get married and stuff but it's not the same with them and you got the worst form it since her and Ryan are super close. She's over it and you got to get over it too because you are not the one that been hurt,” Whitney said.
"I didn't know that she was upset at me for over a year,” Lindsay said.
"It has nothing to do with you as a person it wasn't really even about you. It was the changing that had to happen to her and Ryan. It's dealt with since she has let you in to her."
"I never want to take Ryan away from her."
"But you did at the start and she doesn't care anymore you can't anymore or why did you marry him?"
"How can you care about this?"
"Because I’m a little sister and get it a little I really took Jade away from the family."
"No you didn't yeah you in Californian but you didn't make him start talking to his family or anything."
"And you didn't do that with Ryan. I kept it from you because I knew it could make you upset and didn't want to tell you it but you left me no choice because I didn't want to lie to you."
"You never want my help."
"She doesn't want anyone’s help," Ryan said sitting down.
"Ryan come on."
"I want my wife to get along with my sister again. Where she listens to her and protects her again."
"She used to take my help."
"She still doses the same thing that you did when she moved here. She let us watches Mike. That's all you did to help."

Lindsay looks at Ryan then me.

"I guess you’re right," Lindsay said.
"Like I said she doesn't want help she wants supporters,” Ryan said.
"Same thing," Whitney said.
"No she wants someone to sit down and tell her that she's doing the right thing that's all it is."

I nod my head and my family start breaking the plates with Ken's family since Jade broke one when Zoey gave it to him. We clean the pieces up when the pile is finish. I grab Mike and put him to bed. I grab my bag and Lindsay came and me sure I got everything for the mooring then go down and I hug Ken. He kisses my head.

"I got Mike," Ken said.
"Call me if he need me in the morning," I said.
"Promise."

I go to Lindsay's car and she drives to the hotel again. We go in and I see Lindsay and Megan have the room form last night set up all pretty. They pop the champagne and we all get a little bit of it. Megan raises her glass.

"To one of the calmest Brides I ever seen. Jezebel," Megan said.
"Cheers," They said and we all took a sip.
"To the most beautiful bride and the best mommy and we hope you have a lot more children," Taylor said.
"Cheers."
"To all of us finding man great men to celebrate this great day tomorrow," Whitney said.
"Cheers."
"To the little sister we all have and we are sorry we tried to do repeats of our weddings and not pay more attention to what you want because it would have be a lot more fun if you liked us more instead of being angry with you and it has been our fault," Lindsay said.
"Cheers."

I hug Lindsay and she hugs me tight.

"I'm sorry. Ryan set me straight. I wasn't protecting you for almost a year. I got wedding crazy," she said.
"It will be fine," I said.

She nods her head. I hand Taylor my drink. She laughs and hands me a water bottle. Meghan hands me a bag and she points to the bathroom. I get change in the plaid purple shorts with a black shirt that says Mrs. Roczen and shocks that are purple. I go out and jump on the bed with Taylor and Whitney smiles and hand me a plate.

"Father of the bride," She said.
"I love this movie," I said.
"We know."

I smile and Whitney plays it and we all start talking while watching it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit