Status: Debut story. Thought I'd try posting a story online. Feedback would be appreciated.

Like We Used To

Prologue

Violet Lavinsky, 16 year old teenager goes to school at Fallen Crest High, Manhattan. Her mother died when she was five years old and so, she lives with her dad in a single-parent household. An only child, she is automatically the favourite at home. At school, her two best friends- Emily and Dani- are the very definition of 'partners in crime'.
~o~
One rainy day, on her way to football practice, she waited inside a gas station, hoping for the dreadful downpour to halt. It had started raining gallons right after school was over. Feeling a bit chilly, she now wished she had brought her windcheater- the one her dad always reminded her to take everywhere as a precaution against the unpredictable weather. After about twenty long minutes, the rain stopped and she hurried to the football field as she was already late for practice. Being on the girls' football team wasn't all fun and games, they had to really give their all. Life was hard already with school and the inevitable problems of teenage life. She reached the field just as the other players finished warming up. For today, she was given position of defender which was very unusual. It didn't matter though, she was here to play and play, she would. Fifteen minutes into the game and Violet was dodging every move her opponents made and her team led by 2-0. As she made her way towards the ball, she caught a glimpse of a person, a boy to be specific. She gave him a once- over and noticed that the boy was of fair complexion, tall height, had jet black hair and sported a fringe. He seemed to notice her too and for a split second, their eyes held contact. Which is when she noticed his baby blues. They were really nice to look at. The screeching sound of the referee's whistle brought her to her senses and she to where she was supposed to focus on- the ball. And when she turned to take a last glance at what she was previously occupied with, the raven-haired boy was long gone.

The second half of the game was ferociously played by her team and with most of the goals scored by her, they won the game by 5-3 in the alloted time. This was just a practice much but, her team celebrated in a way that one would think, their team had won the Fifa Women's World Cup.

Practice was far from over when she reached home twenty-five minutes later. As she rushed to her room, she kicked her doors closed behind her and jumped into her neatly made bed. She took off her jersey shorts and put on her comfortable grey sweatpants. She left her jersey on. Violet then, went into the kitchen and ate the french fries, chicken sandwich and grapefruit smoothie that was left for her by her dad in the refrigerator. To her, it was a gourmet meal straight from the kitchen of a five-star restaurant. She savoured every last bite and drop of it.

At about, seven- forty five pm, she collapsed on her bed and drifted off to sleep, moments before her dad got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very good at A/N so.. Enjoy, I guess.
P.S. Feedback would be appreciated.