Status: Updating Frequently

The Journal of a Simply Done Senior

The Pain of Studying

I hate studying. Sitting down for hours and staring at pages in a book and searching the internet for various practice tests is not how I want to spend my Sunday. Sometimes I just sit and remember the good days when I could just show up to class and completely ace the test. No studying at all. Even last year not studying for tests had still been an option for me. For the classes I was best at I could simply do the review sheet that was homework and show up to class ready to take the exam. Now everything has changed.
With the introduction of APs into my schedule came the hell that is known as studying. As a child I was quick at picking up things in class and never had to study. Last year by taking the death course, otherwise known as combined English and European History, I was forced to have to start develop studying habits. But even then I still didn’t study all that much. So now here I am sitting in my room not really sure how to go about it. Do I create flashcards? Should I just reread my notes? Should I ask someone to quiz me on the information? I still don’t even know what method will work best for me. But I definitely know that my brain is telling me that I don’t want to do it.
As a child I was always told that I was very smart. In my school if someone was considered “smart” it meant that they could take the test without studying for it a lot. So of course, in order to keep my image up I would never study. While other kids developed those habits I just went strut around pretending like I was some genius who was better than the rest. And now here I am a couple of years later in the same exact boat as every other average high schooler taking an AP course. Trying to teach myself the habits of studying so that college won’t be all too painful later on in life.