Status: Updating Frequently

The Journal of a Simply Done Senior

High School Relationships

High school relationships are both the best and the worst. They’re sweet and wonderful when you get to hang out with the person you are dating or see them in the halls of the school. They suck because you know that most likely at the end of the year you’ll both be going to different colleges and your breakup will be inevitable. Some couples do manage to stay together even when they in different colleges or they reconnect after college. But realistically what are the chances of that happening? I know that at the end of this school year after graduation I will have to break up with my boyfriend. Sometimes I even think that it would be easier if I just broke it off with him now and stayed single for the rest of the year.
Either way it will hurt. If I don’t break up with him it will give me another year to get even more attached to him. But if I do break up with him I could miss out on a completely wonderful school year. I know for a fact we won’t be going to the same college. I’m going to run off to Europe and get an education there that is just as good as anything that the states have to offer, but not nearly as expensive. He has already told me that he is not going to move out of the states. His grades, as horrible as this will sound, aren’t good enough to get him accepted into a college in Europe. He could immediately go into a trade, but again I know that he does not want to leave. His whole family lives here, all his friends are here, this country is all that he knows.
I, on the other hand, have my whole family waiting for me in Europe. I have friends there who can’t wait for me to come over. I have visited there every summer for the past year of my life. I know the life and the countries. And I absolutely love the European lifestyle. My many summers in Croatia and one in Germany have confirmed it many times over. Maybe one day I come back to get my masters or just move back, but who knows, Who really knows if I’m even going to make it to Europe. The only thing that I know is that when I graduate my relationship will most likely have to end.
Also a whole other reason that I will probably break up with my boyfriend and a reason that other people might do it too, is in order to just date other people. As horrible and immature as this might sound to others. I don’t know if I’m ready to only be with one person for my whole life. The thought of that scares me. How do I know that I didn’t miss out on some other relationship that really was your happy ending? But what if it is the person that is your high school sweetheart? Personally, I believe that it is a gamble. Maybe you make a mistake, but at the same time maybe it was the right choice. I also truly believe that if you do break up but you two were meant to be together that you will find each other one day. It might sound really cheesy, but I do believe it.
Anyway, that really concludes my thoughts on high school relationships. I know this entry might be a little hard to follow because I wrote about a whole lot of stuff that made more sense in my head grouped together than it does on paper. Sorry.