Status: This is my first Fanfiction so I hope you like it

Your Beauty Never Stopped You

Chapter 5

We walked in hand in hand, Oli gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. I gazed up at him and smiled thankfully, I know I said to him that I would come on my own but with Vic and Justin here I don't think I could handle it. As we neared where the reunion was going to be I started my breaths started to become quicker, I tugged on Oli's hand and told him that couldn't breathe. We quickly went into the nearest toilets and he helped me breathe slowly "Come on love, breathe like this" he told me "In and out" he repeated until my breathing went back to normal, I kissed him in thanks as the door opened, showing someone walking in. This someone looked familiar but I couldn't think of who it was. His red hair was the only thing that caught my eye, I just didn't know who it was "Um Kells, is that you" the unknown person said, I nodded my head to say my answer. He didn't hesitate to take me into his arms. Even though I still wasn't sure who this was I felt safe, like I have been in these arms too many times to count. And that's when I knew who it was. "Alan" I asked, in response he squeezed me tighter. Alan Ashby, my best friend, the only person who know about my feelings for Vic and that we kissed. The only person who was ever there for me in school, the person never left me when things got tough. But then as soon as school ended I left him like he was nobody, I didn't keep in contact with anyone from school after I left. It was just coincidence that I met Oli. I wasn't too far away from this small town but I wasn't close enough to meet anyone by foot.

I completely forgot Oli was there until he awkwardly cleared his throat, he was glancing between me and Alan. "Shit yeah, Oli this is Alan my best friend from high school" They both shared hello and a polite smile. "How've you been Kellin, long time no see" As soon as he said that guilt flushed through me "Good, sorry I left without saying anything. Too much happened you know." I wasn't sure if he was angry with me for leaving and not staying in touch. He chuckled at me "Kells, calm down I 'm not angry just concerned" I visibly relaxed, we talked for a little bit, Oli joined in a little bit. We exchanged phone numbers so we could stay in touch this time and left to enjoy our evening.

Once we got our name tags, we went into the busy crowd of people from high school. It was just like parties back then, everyone drunk and dancing with each other in the middle of the room- drinks on the side and shitty music blasting through speakers. Me and Oli joined them, luckily we arranged to stay a night at a hotel down here because neither of us would be able to drive back. We were both still quite sober but having fun none the less, that was until he came over. He came strolling over smirk evident on his face, amusement glinting in his eyes. "Hey beautiful, looking for a good time" He smirked, I shivered. Oli had anger evident in his eyes and look like he could kill, he was glaring so much I was sure just his stare would end him. "Just leave us alone Justin" I tried to reason but he grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear "You still love me, you know you do. Just a simple make up fuck will do" he chuckled when my body tensed. "Now how about a drink for old times sake" Justin pushed, he was having fun making Oli pissed. Obviously this was the last straw, Oli lunged himself at Justin with no mercy. Justin was pinned to the ground with Oli punching him non-stop. I knew I couldn't do anything so I just walked away and went to look for Alan and that's when I noticed the second person I was trying to avoid. He was sat there with this guy, Jaime I think his name is, and turning him down every time he tried to flirt. Was he still straight or was Jaime just not his type, I knew they were like brothers so it could be either. I just stood there watching Vic turn down every move he made and smirked to myself, that's when he noticed me staring at him. He smiled at me and that's when I noticed the death glare Jaime was sending me. I felt uncomfortable so I walked towards them but went to walk past them when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned to see who it was and was shocked when I saw who it was grabbing my arm, Vic fucking Fuentes. He was smiling at me with the cutest smile I have ever seen but this can't be true because he rejected me when we were in high school. "Hey, haven't seen you around" He spoke first, breaking the weird silence that was going on between us. "Yeah... I uh kinda left town and everyone it" I nervously laughed, he looked up at me, wait it can't be, adoration. "Can I have your number so we could, maybe, meet up" He seemed really nervous to what my answer could be, I already knew what my answer would be though and as soon as I said it his face lit up "O-Of course, it would be nice" My fucking stutter had to come in at the moment I was around such perfection, how typical. We swapped phones and added each other’s numbers into our phones, just before a pair of tattooed arms snaked around my waist, he leant into his touch. He leant close to my ear and said "We have to leave, security kicked me out" I rolled my eyes, not that he could see, and nodded to tell him I'll go. He went to my side but when he saw who I was talking to he pushed me behind him, glaring at Vic. Vic shifted uncomfortably as Oli looked like he was going to start another fight. I apologetically looked at Vic, silently telling him sorry about Oli, as for Oli I dragged him with me out for the door.
As soon as I did though he turned around and spat in my face “What the actual fuck Kellin, why were you talking to Vic” I started to shake I was scared, he hadn’t hit me in a long time so he probably really wants to “I-I saw him and I smirked at this guy throwing h-himself at him over and over again a-and that’s when he n-noticed me looking. H-He smiled at me and I-I went to walk p-past him but he g-grabbed my arm. We started talking and that’s w-when you came o-over” I stuttered, I left the part about giving each other’s numbers to each other because he would just get jealous and he’s pissed enough already. He seemed to loosen up when I told him this and just answered simply with “There is an after party for this shit party and we’re going” I sighed, at least he won’t take his anger out on me. Two high school reunions for the same bloody thing is just brilliant, note the sarcasm in that. At least I’ll see Vic, I think I’ll message him and ask if he’s going but I can’t do it in front of Oli. “I uh need to use the bathroom” I muttered, he just grunted in response. I walked off and decided it would just be better to look for him instead, so I went into the large crowd of drunk, horny adults to see my high school crush. He just sat in the same position as last time apart from this time he had three ex-cheerleaders trying to get him to bed. I laughed silently to myself as I walked over to him, he used to be the popular arrogant asshole all the girls swooned over but to me he was different. When he noticed me he excused himself from the whores, calm down kellin, and came over to me. I didn’t know what to say once he got here, god why does he make me act like a school girl with a crush. “Are you Uh going to the after party?” I asked, looking at the ground the whole time. He tipped my chin up with his fingers, I felt myself blush at the sudden contact “Only if you are beautiful” He whispered, I could only nod in response then ran away from him, most likely leaving confused and feeling rejected. I couldn’t help it though because if I took too long Oli would get suspicious.
Speaking of Oli, where the fuck is he? And that’s when I heard the moaning from the alley around the corner, curiosity got the better of me as I found myself walking to see who it was. Then the voice I have grown to love said in a deep, seductive voice “Don’t tell anyone or else” I assumed the other person must have nodded their response but before I could prepare myself, they came out and Oli walked right into me. It was then that I felt the warm tears roll down my cheeks and the need of comfort. I was going to get drunk tonight and find comfort in alcohol, and maybe if I’m lucky another guy. Who am I kidding, I’ll go home with Oli I always do. He just looked down at me though with a blank expression on his face, he moved his hand to my face to wipe the tears. He muttered “sorry”, then grabbed my hand and walked away to the party. Everyone else was coming out now to go there too, I couldn’t wait, I needed to get so wasted tonight would be a blur.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my Gran's WiFi went last night so I couldn't upload this one.