Status: please pardon my dyslexia will try and fix errors asap

The Heart Impaled

Chapter I

_____________
A    M E E T I N G  O F   F A T E
_________________

Vlad wandered through the night taking up a precious few hours to learn and get a handle of his new abilities.

In the dark of the moonlit night Vlad's new eyes could spot a large presence near the river. It was pacing restlessly before it collapsed.

He did not want to face the greater but it was in his pathway home. And he had no time to waste to get there for the Turks had surely waged war already against his keep for his betrayal.

Running with new found speed Vlad stopped in his tracks. He found himself gazing into bright golden eyes of a large black wolf.

Vlad prepared to fight off the beast. But could his dark power be any use against this beast. The form of a wolf but the seer size of a wild ass in height.

Her eyes plummeted in the light of the moon. And she made no move to injure him. 

"do not fear, I cannot harm you.."

Vlad looked around, at the sound of the smooth voice, but no one was around just he and the beast.

"Not like this anyway" she said, shifter her large body painfully revealing a silver trap caught around her hind leg, was nailed into the large boulders she lay on.

Vlad gazed in awe it couldn't be, the wolf was speaking with him. But then again, he'd meet a demon and became one himself, a vampire.

"Not all impossible things are what they are said to be" Vlad muttered to himself stepping closer with caution.

"What are you?" He asked her. "It doesn't matter what I am, but what you are and what you need" she said.

"And what do you know of me?" Vlad growled dangerously. "That you are already running out of time, and you need more strength, for the war you face you will need a fearless loyalty" she said glancing her sharp eyes to the mountain peek.

"You know the demon" Vlad asked. She gave a wolfish smile. "I know many things" she said her smile fading "free me from this trap, and I will be an army of 500, fang for fang, claw for claw, my life will be for you" she said.

Vlad leered at her "You're a wolf, how do I know you will not devour my people?" He asked. "For me to take the life of those innocent would damn me to this form forever" she said. "As I am now also stuck to this form, my mortal body cannot survive the sting of silver" she added.

Vlad walked closer so close he could touch her and looked at the trap. There was no way for him to pry it open without burning himself.

"Feel my fur" she ordered, cautiously Vlad tested his palm on her big body, her fur was as soft as the clouds, and while nice he didn't understand. The wolf looked back at him "now go to the undercoat" she said.

Vlad reached down through the thick layer of softness and flinched as his hand suddenly felt as if it had been pierced by a thousand steel needles. Pulling his hand out quickly he watched all the bleeding holes heal.

"My coat holds back all mortal weapons, only blades of pure silver can skew me, " she padded the rocks her claws splitting them. "My claws break bones, " she snarled showing thick large teeth " jaws crumble shields " Vlad looked to the silver trap.

"Free me and I am yours, wherever you will me I will roam and whatever you will of me I will follow said command with baited obedience" she said. "Why what's in it for you?" He asked

"Life" she said softly. "You are running out of time" she warned. Tearing his eyes away from her Vlad with a cry of pain and burning flesh tore away the silver trap.

He looked at his trembling burned hands. Looking up before him was not a wolf but a woman freckled skin long raven hair falling down over her nude body, hiding away sensitive areas.

She took each of his palms delicately in each of her hands, and licked the raw wounded skin. They heeled instantly. He examined his hands in shock, while the woman keeled on one knee.

"I Frida Echobane, am at your service," she paused and looked up at him. Vlad watched as before his eyes she changed and again the large wolf stood looking down at him "master" she said.

Vlad nodded and mounted her like a horse holding onto her top coat of fur on her neck. "Go" he ordered and Friday tore off, heavy feet silently bounding against the ground.

"Faster!" Vlad called the night was half way over, Friday growled and sped up, faster and faster. Vlad could feel as he mentally willed her in his heart to speed up she did so until finally he and the wolf both disappeared in a mass of bats.