Status: please pardon my dyslexia will try and fix errors asap

The Heart Impaled

Chapter II

Frida emerged from the swarm of bats, Vlad still mounted upon her back. "How did that happen?" He asked her. "When I healed your wounds I got a taste of your blood. " Frida stopped her body down and Vlad dismounted his feet crushing small rocks to dust "your blood into me gives us a life bond, it allows for incredible things" Frida explained.

"Hurry" Frida growled lowly lowering her head "they are close" at her words Vlad nodded and pointed to the distance "the castle is there, but you should stay here until they arrive" he said looking up at Frida.

"You will frighten my family and my men" he said Frida gave a wolfish laugh before sitting down "I will wait in the trees until the army arrives, the moment you set foot out I will be there" she promised.

As Vlad approached the castle, he couldn't help but worry, he hadn't much time to learn his new abilities and what of Frida the wolf woman. Closing his eyes tightly he steeled his nerves.

"Papa!" Vlad's son Ingeras called rushing up to his father through the halls. Vlad met his son with a tight embrace. "You're back!l Ingeras cheered looking up at his father with bright eyes.

"Always," Vlad breathed kissing his son atop his forehead.  Merina his fair wife stood smiling, "we did you go?" She asked him. Vlad looked up at her and then to his rallying troops rising to and fro. "To find the strength I need" he said going to his men.

Standing before soldiers elated to see their Lord returned, Vlad apologized. " A good prince would had given them our sons, his son. A good prince would had paid the price for peace." Vlad looked out upon the plain and saw the approaching army, however with his vampire site, in the woods he could see Frida morph from her mortal form to her wolf one.

He watched her stalk them with lowered stance "But I give you my word,we will not be defeated." He said turning his gaze to his perplexed soldiers."They brought the war in our country and that will cost them." He roared and his men along after him.

Turning to the opening he prepared to do the impossible.

Frida stalked quietly up to the army as it waited, and then it happened in a rush of bats Vlad entered the center of the army. And with his sword started the battle. Clearly the Turk army was out matched.

Frida smirked, he didn't really need her it seemed this go around. But she could help send their masters a lesson.

Frida turned her head up to the sky with a blood curdling howl. The Turk soldiers and even Vlad paused. Looking around them they found themselves surrounded by a pack of wolves.

Frida walked forward to a trembling soldier, he was to fearful to move as he awed at her sized. She stopped before him and watched him tremble. And then looked to Vlad. "Order the command" she said.

Vlad was confused but only for a moment, with a graceful swing he ripped his sword out of an enemies gut and pointed it at Frida. "Kill him" Vlad said, without hesitation Frida opened her massive jaws wide and bore them down on the frighten soldiers face.

His skull as shattered, and at the site of blood the smaller wolves rushed in. Frida returned to mortal form. Flexing her hands she revealed long delicate looking claws in place of nails.

As the Turk soldiers rushed her, she swung, her claws tore though his chest armor. Clutching his chest he fell to the ground holding his own beating heart in his hands.

Vlad pierced a soldier through the back who rushed him. The Vampire and the She wolf's moments were to fast for the enemy soldiers to handle.

Eventually standing back to back, Vlad and Frida were now standing alone, in a field of death. Vlad looked to Frida who grabbed a Turk soldier who was wounded but not fatality so.

He looked into her golden eyes and shook. Her claws feeling like a dog bite on his arm "you glee to masters land and you spread tale of what you saw" she growled letting him go. The soldier ran without question.

Vlad turned to face Frida but see had already returned to her Feral form, sitting before him. Out of breath Vlad nodded at her in gratitude, with closed eyes Frida nodded her head in a bow back.

"Go to your people" she said, "I will stay" Vlad reached out a hand and patted her thick neck in praise like a horse before turning and going to gates of the castle.

Frida turned to the body next to her, her pawns had already fled back into the wilds. Now she was going to take her reward. Using her large paws she pulled away the armour of a soldier, and sunk her teeth into the flesh. With a popping sound she pulled the arm from the body and fed.

Vlad stood before his men who gazed in awe at the field of bodies. Vlad gave a playful and a tab bit bitter smile " The negotiations failed." He said.

Ingeras pushed through the soldiers and stood in front of them, he didn't mind the bodies, all he saw was his father, his father whom took them all on, on his own.

Vlad looked down on his son and smiled. And Idea then popped into his head. "My son, I have brought you a surprise" he said.

If Ingeras could face the sight of a thousand dead men, then surely he wouldn't quake at Frida. Vlad whistled for her.

Ingeras watched confused at first and then a large black mass stood up from the ground. As fry drew nearer Ingeras' eyes got bigger. Vlad men gasped and whispered as Frida came to a halt at Vlad's side.

With a hand gesture Vlad commands her to sit and she does so. Her eyes glued to the little boy, his appearance so familiar it was breaking her heart.

Vlad didn't notice the change in Frida's composure. But Ingeras could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Son, this is Frida, she helped me slay our enemies tonight" Vlad said resting a hand on the back of Frida's neck. "She will be our new companion, you have asked for a dog before" he said.

Ingeras stepped closer. "That is no dog" one of the men whispered. "Ingeras don't touch it!" Merina cried pushing her way through.

Frida turned her gaze to Merina and the two locked eyes. "It is ok" Vlad insured at his words Frida lowered herself to the ground, laying there head head still sat above the boy's.

Merina pursed her lips, but decided to trust her husband. Ingeras found himself smiling as he reached out his hand and placed it on her thick fluffy top coat.

"She's so soft" Ingeras said, smiling wider as he reached for Frida with both hands. Vlad smiled and nodded "Yes and she is very loyal and smart, she will protect us" he said.

Frida licked Ingeras on the nose and he giggled "good girl Frida" he said. Merina smiled and walked up to Frida as well stooping to pet her. Frida allowed it. "I have to admit, However frightening, she is beautiful" Merina said.

After a while a few brave men came to Frida to look and feel the otherworldly beast. She looked up back at Vlad "What was that you said about me frightening them?" She asked in amusement. Vlad's eyes widened in panic. Had they heard her?

As he looked around no one was fazed. "They cannot hear me in this form Vlad, for like this I can only speak through my heart" Frida explained.

Vlad nodded and joined his family in welcoming Frida.