Status: please pardon my dyslexia will try and fix errors asap

The Heart Impaled

Chapter III

------------
Werewolf
------------------

Frida chased Ingeras in circles as Vlad gave instructions for everyone to head to the monastery Cosia in the mountains for fear that the Turks would strike again buy dawn. They had a precious few hours left in the current night.

Vlad looked up to see Frida tumble to the ground as Ingeras tackled her, laughing the way canines do at how the boy actually thought he had been strong enough to knock her down.

"Ingeras, make ready to leave here" Vlad instructed. Ingeras stopped laughing and unmatched his arms from Frida's neck. "Can't Frida and I play just a bit longer Papa?" He asked.

Frida got to her feet and gently scooted Ingeras forward "no son, not tonight Frida has a job to do, she must help me me sure the way is safe" Vlad reasoned as the boy sighed.

Frida gave him another push with her nuzzle, Ingeras giggled "Alright, alright" he said scratching behind her ear. "Come long Ingeras I'll help you" Merina called.

Vlad watched his small family head off into the halls with a smile. Frida's eyes gleaned in the dimly lit hall. A soft huff pushing hot air from her nose. A wolfish way of clearing her throat.

"So what task would you ask of me, my Lord?" She said as Vlad walked to her.

"There is a know clearing in the forest near the cliffs, were the Turk army has been known to set up camps of relief factions" Vlad said stepping closer. "I need them routed or they will try to attack us in the night while we rest" he added.

Frida's eyes went to a tall rugged soldier striding up behind Vlad. "Talking to the beast?" He asked. Vlad turned to face his friend with a calm smile. "She is smart, and she listens and I know she will not leek anything" Vlad chuckled.

"Round up two good men, Dimitru" Vlad ordered,  Dimitru bowed slightly and left. Vlad then reached up and grabbed Frida's neck fur, in the same second just as his fingertips grazed the tips of her fur, she lowered herself.

Vlad mounted her bar "it is going to take time for me to get used to this 'bond'" he said as Frida raised up to fill height. "Hmph" she snickered heading out of the hall. "You'd better hurry, you'll need to master it by the time this has come to an end" she said.

********

Latter that night, while the remaining army their families, the queen and Prince finally made camp for the night. Vlad, Frida, Dimitru and two other soldiers looked down upon the unsuspecting Turk relief faction.

Vlad dismounted Frida, and looked her square in the eyes. "Go" he said. Frida bowed her head respectfully and turned to leave, slipping into the shadows she made her climb down the cliffs. Dimitru eyed her wearily "What manner of beast?" He asked. Vlad could see her moving through the shadows  With his vampire sight. "Watch, Dimitru, you will see her uses" he said.

Frida made it down the cliffs effortlessly and romped through the camp biting as she goes, filling the night with terrified screams and death calls. Making a massacre out of the Turk Relief Faction.

"In four months, may be five this war will come to an end" Dimitru said as he watched the seen below. Vlad watched Frida's hunt and shook his head holding it up higher in assurance. "No" he said, as from below Frida snapped her final neck and let him fall from her jaws. "I will do this in three days" he said.

Dimitru chuckled at his friend and Lord "really, why not three days then you'll impress us all" he said. But Vlad didn't laugh, continuing to peer down far below he watched Frida feed on some of the bodies.

Vlad let off a piercing whistle, Frida jerked her head up and looked towards the cliffs. She padded to a drinking trough and lapped some water before going to scale up the cliff face.

Vlad and Frida returned to camp. Merina had allowed Ingeras to play with Frida one last time, this time along with some of his friends. The boy had played himself to sleep. Vlad and Merina had managed to place the sleeping boy on Frida's back and lead her to the tent in which the children slept.

Frida slipped out the tent in a solemn nostalgia as she let the king and queen tuck in their son and kiss him goodnight.

In the Lord's tent, Vlad allowed for Frida to sit inside to warm her fur. Yet slowly private conversation between Lord and lady was becoming impassioned pillow talk. Merina lay beneath Vlad and stopped his kisses turning her head to Frida "wait the dog-" but before she could finish Frida had stood up and slipped out the tent.

Vlad watched her go, and Merina couldn't shake the feeling she had, the animal looked both perturbed and pained all at once.

Maybe she was imagining things.

Merina's thoughts were put to an end as Vlad showered her in fiery kisses, grinding his full arousal gently against her as she removed his shirt.

Frida took one last glance at the mating shadows in the tent before slinking into the woods.

Deep into the woods, near a narrowed section of the river, roof a hooded figure. Frida's ears perked up and she returned to her mortal form. "Is it you?" She asked he nodded "What are you doing here?" She asked. The Demon of Brokentooth turned to face her. "Making sure you do not waver in your promise" he said, only his mouth was visible and it held a cruel smirk.

Frida hugged herself and looked away "it won't be hard, with more moments like this, that growing feeling in the pit of your gut, a swirling darkness" said the Demon. Frida refused to look at him as she gazed hollowly at the water. "I will not betray him, you may have brought us together again" she spoke softly at first but her voice gained strength as she turned her gaze on him sharply "but I will not let you tear us apart" the Demon chuckled, "My dear day one has yet to start," he said vanishing into the night.

Frida glared at were he once stood before turning her head skyward. She took in a deep breath and puckered her lips, slowly a solemn howl came from them. Singing tears she was not allowed to shed.

Back at the camp, Vlad was almost there as he could feel Merina reaching her max. As he kissed and her neck, he could feel and almost hear her heart beat pulsing through her veins. A new form of lust was taking over as Vlad fought the unrelenting burning of his tongue and throat. His mouth felt dry as if he'd been trudging through the desert. The breathless moans of his wife muted by the sound of scarlet blood rushing through her veins.

He opened his eyes and they fell on her jugular. He couldn't take it, at this rate....

Merina looked up in confusion and disappointment as she found herself cold. Vlad had removed himself from her and quickly put on his shirt. "I need some air" he breathed darting out of the tent and into the night.

A light howl in the distance caught his ears and he headed to it.