Status: please pardon my dyslexia will try and fix errors asap

The Heart Impaled

Chapter IV

Vlad moved through the forest with great discretion in search for Frida. He had heard her just moments go. He felt she may know how to fight ones monstrous instincts.

He came to a thin break in the forest were a thin river ran. Frida stood with her back to him, her eyes moving away from the sky she looked straight ahead.

"What are doing out here?" She asked, her void of all emotion. Vlad watched her stand rigidly, he looked to the river watching the tips of her hair dancing in the water. "I....I thought I was going to-" his voice was breathy and distressed. "To feed on her? No see that is why you are out here," try as she might Frida found it hard to mask her astringency. "You have a strong will, maybe a lesser man. But not the impaler. Not you" Frida's tone softened but she never faced him.

"You are not much different than I, please you must know how to fight this thirst" he pleaded it was a side of him not many have seen, but if she had helped him this far, and who else could he ask?

"I do not thirst but hunger, and there isn't any trick my poor  mislaid master" she sighed. "But we cannot have you give into 'his' plans" she muttered darkly.

"His?" Vlad asked confused "who is he?"

"You cannot be left to walk around mad, I can help you but first..." Frida paused and Vlad waited he could her a low rumbling snarl from deep in her throat. "Dip yourself in the waters, your sent offends me" she said.

Her words caught Vlad speechless, but they were both adults, and if a she wolf's sense of smell was anything like a vampires hearing or sight...He nearly shuddered at what he must smell like. So without question he keeled in the waters and splashed himself.

Frida sighed once the sent was gone, she then turned to face him as she did so Vlad stood up figuring he must have been clean enough. "You were not taught by the Demon how to properly survive, you see vampires...They are not like us werewolves" as Frida said this Vlad raised his head a bit.

"Yes, that is what I am. But you are not like me. I can feed, my situation allows loopholes and I can go for days without. You however" Frida walked closer to him. Vlad made sure to keep his eyes on her eyes and not to stray them to the body they were attached to, partial covered by thick raven locks.

"Need to feed every night to stay in form, however your curse does not permit you to drink of humans if you hope to regain mortality" she said. Vlad nodded "So what do I do" he asked.

Frida stopped walking and shrugged "well you can drink from animals, however this may make you sick, more so as a new bred, big prey is best, rodents and birds carry disease which you will vomit up" Frida spoke bluntly "I don't have time to hunt for animals to bleed out" Vlad said frustrated.

Frida shook her slightly tilted head "no" she whispered "no you don't, which is another reason I prove useful in your service. I am not human not beast, yet both all at once. You may drink from me" she said.

"And there are no consequences?" He asked Frida stayed silent "Only one, and that's fire me to bare. I can handle it" she said. "I ca-" Frida shook her head "You can and will if you love them...You no other choice, it is not so selfish in that light" she reasoned.

Vlad stayed quiet, "daylights coming" Frida warned. She sat down on a boulder and slid her hair away from her neck to one side with a subtle movement.

Vlad drew in a sharp breath, be gone with the fact this left the right side of her body bare. His eyes honed in on her jugular vein. Vlad bit his lip.

"A man who killed thousands, is he afraid to bite? Or is he afraid it is a trick?" Frida said. "Trust me" she said. "Why? How do I know I can?" He asked. Frida gazed at him with hard to read eyes "because if not me than who else, only a monster can truly understand" she stated.

Vlad had not noticed his feet had already taken him to her. "Drink" she said. As the words slipped from her mouth Vlad launched at her. Hands gripping her arms with superman strength she never flinched. His fangs ripped into the soft tissue of her neck, sinking deep.

Frida shivered and quiet soft snarls escaped her throat. Vlad embraced her pulling her body closer, trying to sink his fangs in deeper. He could hear her heart pounding in his ears and her blood rushing through his body. Frida despite herself dug her claws into his arms squeezing her torso leaving emerging bruises on her freckled skin as a deep howl sounded into the night.

Vlad jumped away from Frida, shocked at himself. Face covered in bright red liquid and eyes wide. "I cannot heal this wound you must heal it for me" Frida said faint, weak from massive blood loss. "How?" He asked.

"Just the same as I did for you" she said. Vlad hesitantly went back to her and ran his tongue over the bite marks. They healed instantly. But he found being close to her made him want to tear open those marks again.

He looked up at her head still in her neck. Frida looked down at him and for a moment her gaze became especially gentle. But in a blink it was gone. Vlad backed away from her and stood up.

For a moment all that was heard as the running of the river. "I'm sorry if I hurt you" he said averting his gaze. Frida fixed her hair back in place. "A howl has many meanings, not all bad." Frida's voice became hollow. "Dawn is near, it's going to break within the hour return to your wife, I am sure is waiting for your return. I will follow shortly" Frida said. Vlad nodded not knowing what should be said and took his leave.

Frida watched him slip into the dark of the forest. Once he was gone she hugged herself and shivered.

She returned just as dawn hit, slipping into the tent in feral form she curled herself up in the corner to sleep.

A few minutes in Frida felt a head rest on her like pillow and a hand grip into her fur. It was shaking violently. "Rest still it will pass" she said not wanting to open her eyes, she didn't want to see him that way. "Whats happening?" Vlad asked in a shaky whisper.

Frida paused "You are dying, or rather your mortality is dying, it expelled in need things already but now you're body is changing" she said. Vlad gripped her fur and pulled it out of pain. Frida winced. "I know it's painful but you must try to rest, it passes faster that way"she offered, Vlad his his face in her fur struggling not to scream and awake Merina.

Frida opened her eyes and watched him for a moment her heart wrenching. She nuzzled his hair blowing hot air out of her nose. He wasn't sure why but it was soothing. He curled up next to her using her front leg as a pillow and Frida curled around him, wrapping her tail around his legs.

He was almost whimpering as he turned his body to face her, hiding in her fur. "Good boy" Frida said gently laying her large head down "I will watch you, rest" and with that Vlad closed his eyes.