Status: please pardon my dyslexia will try and fix errors asap

The Heart Impaled

Chapter IX

Dimitru panted and growled at himself as he watched the stag take off running. He had worn himself out. "I've got it" Frida called leaping past him tearing into the woods at only half her true speed.

Vlad and Dimitru watched her as she lunged at the stag, taking it my it's horns she flung it to the ground, the legs and the horn both snapping she quickly broke it neck to save it's suffering. Once she had killed it. She collapsed and the two ran to her. Dimitru looked at the stag "I must have worn him out for you" he said while Vlad examined Frida. "you aren't getting any better" He said. "that is the kiss of silver for you" she said. Vlad cut his palm and let blood pool in it. "drink this" He urged. "I can we are one more sharing of blood away from an unbreakable bond. There are things you will not be able to undo" Frida warned. Vlad held his palm out. "I have risked this much, I've only one more day. Why not" he said.

Frida frowned but it would be nice to regain her strength and stretch her mortal legs once more. And not only that.

But there were some things that needed to come forth from the shadows. "if that is what you so wish" She said before lapping up the blood that continued to pool.

Vlad drew in a sharp breath as he felt is life force drain. He could feel it pull through his body and flow into Frida's. It wasn't a pleasant feeling but neither was it terrible. It felt something like a cold chill running down his spine.

Visions passed through his mind, but more than anything they felt like memories bits of them he had long forgotten. But where they his own or were they Frida's or were they both memories swirling together?

He could see flashes of Merina, Flashes of Ingeras. Or...was that Ingeras?

He could see flashes of Frida, mortal form carrying a child in a very rounded belly, behind her, two towering figures who looked like her just a bit.

And next for a fraction of a second he saw himself or he though he saw himself resting his palm on her belly. He saw himself smile and then the vision was pulled away.

Frida removed herself from Vlad's palm. He had given her enough strength back to assume her mortal form. She sat on her knees. And watched him dazed. "what did you see-" but before she could get out her words. Vlad lunged at her fangs barred.

Frida gasped in pain as he sun his teeth into her neck. "V-Vlad" she stammered digging her nails into his shoulder trying to get get him off of her. As their memories intermixed.

Dimitru took to mortal form and tried his best to pry Vlad off. Only to be flung back.

This time the visions were no longer shortened puzzle pieces but full memory.

******************

Two women sat on the bank of a river laughing under the lush greenery. One with angel hair and eyes like the sky, she sat curled up on a large rock at the waters edge in a long red robe. She was fair and graceful.

While she giggled at the site of a woman muddy and drenched in river water. Sitting below the boulder her endless chestnut hair covering a otherwise bare body as she held a wiggling fish in her clawed fingers. "I did not know Wolves ate fish Frida!" The blonde giggled softly.

"oh Marvina, we eat whatever we have to. But no most do not, however I myself enjoy fish very much" Frida said.

The Blonde Marvina watched a small pack of wolves resting on the other side of the river. But they were no normal wolves. These were large hulking creatures. Two pups the size of an average dog played among them. "Beodred, Hanma come" Frida called and the two pups bounded across the river, tails wagging as they fed of a pile of fish that sat at either of Frida's sides.

Marvina smiled a faded smile as she watched them. "I long for a family of my own" She admitted. "but there is no one to love a witch" she mused sadly. Frida looked up into Marvina's eyes. "and there are few Lycan Males left. I will find you a family if you can conjure my pups a father" Frida said with a light hearted Smile. Marvina giggled and nodded "very well"

The seen soon changed, Marvina rode atop Frida's back, as the large black wolf and her small pack walked the forested paths. The wolf walked with a limp. Her back paw bandaged up with herbal leaves. "you're leg won't heal" Marvina muttered petting Frida's head.

"it will in time" the wolf said. Marvina teared "you saved me, without even knowing my name, and yet, I cannot heal the simplest wound" she said. Frida chuckled softly "you saved me from the hunters trap first I recall I was just repaying the favor. The wound is not so simple little witch it's silver. It takes time" Frida stated. Marvina nodded and wiped her tears on her sleeve. The small pack traveled through the night. Nomads this odd group had no where to go.

In time it seems years had passed and the Frida's pups had grown into two darkly furred wolves towering over their mother.Marvina had found a home in a small village as the medicine woman and Frida had found a den high up in a pointed mountain cliff called the wolf's fang by many travelers.

The two women were forced to take separate lives as the villagers were not so kind to the wolves. And Frida had already lost many for want of their fur. However, in the night, Frida would visit the village and check on young witch she had saved. Leaving a single deer carcass on her door step to carry Marvina through harder times. And Marvina always knew it was Frida who sent it.

******************

Dimitru had finally managed to pull Vlad away from Frida who gasped for air and clutched her bleeding throat. "Prince!" Dimitru called out holding at bay a struggling Vlad who all at once was fighting to get back and see what else had happened and fighting to drink more for he had not realized until the liquid coated his throat how badly he needed it.

Vlad maddened hissed at Dimitru and with a great deal of his might backhanded him, the force sent Dimitru into a near by tree, and he slumped unconscious.

Frida looked at Vlad leering darkly at him as her eyes flickered to Dimitru. "so you want to act like a monster now?" She asked standing to her feet, one hand over her throat. She removed said hand and blood flowed freely down her neck in rivers. "then come and I will show you just how Monstrous you can be" Frida's words were nearly iced over. Vlad paused just for a second before lunging for her neck. And the memories flooded in yet again.

******************

Frida heard the cries of her sons in the distance. Leaving her pack under the control of the young Beta male Friedan, Frida rushed out of the den and into the forest below.

Running at her full speed she came across a gruesome sight. Ahead of her, her son Beodred gnawed furiously at a crude bear trap that had nearly Snapped Hanma's front left paw in two. Hanma whimpered and writhed about tearing the flesh further.

"Stop!" Frida called. And the two young Wolves froze. "show your skin" Frida ordered as she took to mortal form. Her sons followed suit. Hanma held on side of his shaven head as he looked at his arm as it lay limp in the trap. "mother" Beodred greeted with a short bow of his head. Frida examined the trap. It wasn't silver but it's damage was done. "I told you two to stay clear of this side of the river. The villagers are gearing up for winter and it is not safe!" Frida barked. Kneeling before Hanma she gripped either side of the trap. "I-I'm sorry mother, we had chased a doe and she led us h-" Hanma words were torn by a painful scream as Frida yanked the trap open.

Hanma darted away from the trap hold his injured arm or rather what was left of it.

As anything below the elbow lay twitching on the ground. Hanma looked horrified. "far larger of our kind than you have learned to survive on three legs, you shall be fine. Take this as a lesson to listen to what your elders say" Frida growled. She turned her head to the sky. In the river clearing she would see heavy gray clouds. "we will return home, a storm is coming" and with those words she lead her sons back to the den.

Beodred and Hanma got a scolding from Beta male Friedan as he pawed for Frida's favor. But Frida ignored him. Friedan was no leader and tho he fought so shamelessly for the right of Alpha Male. Frida found none could replace the Late Romulus, Beodred and Hanma's father. Also Father to Isolde a beta female who greatly resembled Hanma.

As promised the storm rolled in, clouds so heavy and thick the world became nearly as dark as the night.

Winds brought in cold into the den and the wolves lay curled together for warmth.

Frida stirred in her sleep as among the sounds of her families breathing she could hear small foot falls at the entrance of the cave. Frida carefully stood and padded towards the caves entrance.

There she found a miserable person, drench from head to toe. With in a small sack he was covered in dirt and various twigs lay caught in his beard. Frida assumed her mortal form before stepping out into the light.

"who dares step forth into my domain" she stated calmly. The man looked up but quickly covered his eyes. "mi lady, I have come for shelter I did not know that anyone inhabited such a place as this" the man said his deep voice rolling over like the thunder. "let alone a woman, I am sorry to disturb you" He added. Frida cracked a smile. "you do not have to hide your eyes there is nothing to see" she said. And carefully he removed his hand form his eyes. To find she was not bare at all her hair blanketed her body like a robe.

"may rest with my family only after I know your intent" she said. The Man nodded "I am Vladimir, I am being chased, My father wishes me dead, for fear i will take his throne. I just seek shelter through this storm" He said bowing slightly, trying his best to hide his shivering. His hair dripping wet as it stuck around his face.

Frida tilted her head and examined his face. He didn't look like a rouge, and had a noble and beautiful face. He may have been telling the truth. She smiled.

"I will need your word you will not harm my family" she said sternly. She knew he could never be to much of a problem for upwards of 6 wolves. But even still. "I wouldn't dream of it" Vladimir said bowing again. Frida gave a cheeky smile "good" she said and turned leading him further into the den.

The stone halls became warmer and warmer. And then ahead of them lay resting wolves, resembling large earth toned hills of grass. Vladimir gasped.

"we will not harm you" Frida said as instantly Friedan rose his large gray head. Brown eyes tearing into Vladimir's.

"He is mine, and he is friend" Frida announced as the wolves awoke. "you shall not touch him, tonight he is one of us" Frida stated, and with that the wolves settle back down. Vladimir followed Frida as she walked to the very back of the den Isolated from the others. And before his eyes, Frida turned from woman to wolf. "rest" she said to him. As she curled her body against the den wall. And offered out her tail.Vladimir crawled to her side and nestled in her fur. He was half delirious from exhaustion and hunger but even still he could believe tonight he was sleeping among the wolves.

It wasn't long before the storm passed and morning broke the sky. Vladimir stirred and awoke to find Frida was gone, and instead he lay on a pile of animal pelts. Sitting up groggily a doe was dropped before him, full skinned. Turning his gaze up he met the eyes of Frida. She knelt before him. And held her hand out to the side. Beodred handed over three large logs. "you will need to help me Vladimir, it has been a long while since I have needed fire" Frida said. Vlad sat up and helped set up the fire.

Frida went to lay the doe who was now impaled on a stick over the fire, when a rather nasty smell hit her nose. "whats that burnt smell?" she asked asked. Vladimir looked around with Beodred. Nothing seemed to be aflame well... No thing was aflame.

"Y-Your hair!" Vladimir stammered using his hands he tried to stamp out the flames that had sparked on Frida locks that hung upon the ground. Frida gasped as she too tried to put out the flames. Once the flames were gone. Beodred roared in laughter, and Frida chuckled a bit as well but stopped as she noticed Vladimir looking at his hands. "oh" she breathed "that's right, you aren't one of us" she said. Holding out her hands she smiled faintly "hear give me your hands" She said. Vladimir handed her his palms. She looked at the mild but still painful burns and then into his eyes.

Vladimir drew in a sharp breath as her sharp wild eyes dug into his own for just a small moment. Frida lowered her lips to his palms and gently licked them. It stung but only for a moment and then slowly the flesh started to heal. Vladimir's eyes widened as he looked over his hands. "the burns" He breathed looking at Frida. She smirked. And nodded as Vladimir's eyes darted to her once scorched hair, which now looked as if fire had never touched it.

And from that day forth Vladimir stayed with Frida and her pack, in the wolf fang den. Nobody asked any questions of his father. And not one dared to question their alphas authority.

The days were getting colder and rains were turning into snows at the mountain peek. Yet still every day, Frida would drop a deer at Marvina's door and now a bundle of pelts form moral feral wolves that had passed on.

"Such misunderstood creatures" Vladimir said as he watched Frida return to the river were she had him wait with her sons. "misunderstood?" She asked. Vladimir nodded. "in history the demon wolves, are written as savage beasts, who come to steal your family in the night, and slay your cattle" He said as he lowered the knife in which he had used to shave free his over grown beard. "and yet, you provide food and warmth to woman who lives alone and your pack gives shelter to a mortal man" He said. "that is less savagery than even my own father has showed his son" He added.

Frida sighed and took to her mortal form, she sat besides Vladimir on the rock and brushed back his hair careful of her claws. "it is dangerous to think that all of my kind are so" she paused "personable, as I and my family. Those stories, some are true, for every tale has some truth in it. Its just I have been shown kindness first, so I know better than to bite simply because I can. And in turn, I have been favored by any with the same heart" Frida admitted.

She nodded to the village. "like that woman, she saved me from a hunters silver snare, and in turn I was able to save her from burning to ash. And she too is my family" Frida said. "I will take care of her for as long as she lives" She added.

"as are you" She breathed standing up. Extending a clawed hand. "no one makes it alone, if your family has chased you we shall take you in, but you work as one of us" She said. Vladimir blinked several time before grasping her hand tightly "thank you, yes I will carry my own weight" He said. Frida smiled. And the two headed home.

Winter came, and as a struggle for Vladimir but the pack kept him warm through the wilds. Frida sheering her top coat and sending it to Marvina to sew together she made Vladimir a robe to keep him warm. He bonded with Beodred and Hanma and through them the bond with Frida grew too.

Much to the disdain of Friedan. And by the near end of winter, it became evident. Vladimir could not stay in the pack.

Frida was out hunting with her sons with more and more mortals coming into the area, the deer were becoming scarce. As were larger creatures such a bears, their hunt had lasted hours and still they had nothing. The three wolves turned to back track back home. When a dusty cream female came rushing through the trees, limping on her front paw which was slightly bloody.

"Frida!" she breathed, her tail tucked between her legs she whimpered. "what has happened?" Frida asked looking Isolde over. "Friedan is attacking our Brother Vladimir, I have tried to stop him but he is mad" Isolde said. "Hanma guide Isolde back home!" Frida called before bounding off with Beodred at her heels.

At the den, Vladimir dodged the large Grey wolf as he lung at him snarling and snapping. "Mortal do not mix with us, you will never be what Romulus was, only I can fill those shoes!" He growled. "Romulus?" Vladimir questioned dodging again "what is a lycan if not half mortal to start with!" Vlad reasoned. "isn't Frida's place to choose!" But Friedan lunged again. "I don't want to do this, do not make me, I promised!" Vladimir cried out as he found himself cornered. He grabbed a spark wooden stick, nearly spear-like as it went the length of his body.

Frida and Beodred darted into the den to fine Friedan lunging for the cornered Vladimir. Frida's heart raced "No!" She called leaping the distance that separated her from the scuffle. But Friedan had already lunged and stood over Vladimir. Blood poured between their bodies. Rushing to them Frida grabbed Friedan by the scruff of his neck and threw up to the side.

For a moment she was shocked, as she looked down at him, his eyes has rolled back and thin broken wooden branch stuck out from his neck. Frida whipped her large head around to find Vladimir wide eyed and blood drenched against the den wall.

Taking to mortal form, she set before him on her knees and licked at his face, cleaning it of blood. He watched her as she pulled away, still in a daze.He had promised not to hurt her family. But he had no other choice. Would she kill him?

All the wolves watched silently.

Frida smirked and grasped Vladimir's wrist before swinging it in the air as she stood up, the movement made him stand as well. She held his arm in the air. "You will welcome Vladimir as Crowned Alpha!" she called out.

Some seemed happy, other seemed appalled but all at once the wolves turned up their heads and howled as one.

A Mortal pack leader?

Each wolf gave up their top coat as an offering and with them were made robes to fur their new leader as they were furred. And Friedan's undercoat of steal like needles was turned into armor. That winters end Vladimir took the Mortal formed Frida as his partner. And by spring that pack was growing.

Frida sat in mortal form on a large boulder by the river banks Marvina just as they had years before. She weaved together a baby basket, for the unborn that nestled in Frida very large stomach. "it's so low" Marvina commented after resting an hand on Frida's belly. "it must be a boy" she added. "I wouldn't doubt it, it's ll I have ever had" Frida laughed. Stroking her own stomach fondly. For a split second Marvina's smile faded into a blank stare and the sound of boots crunching against the banks rocks could be heard.

Vladimir smiled at the two women and rested a hand on Frida's stomach. "he kicks a lot, he will be troublesome. Like his mother" He commented with a broad grin. "or worse like his aunt" Frida said playfully looking over to Marvina who still looked dazed. Marvina cleared her throat and managed a smile "yes" was all she could manage to say. Frida's smile faded. "I am sorry if this is hard I know you wanted a-" Frida started but was stopped as Marvina waved her hand "in time, I will get what mine" she said. As her eyes trailed from the wolf to the man.

Before Long Frida birthed a healthy son. And they called him.

"Lucia" Vladimir said as he held the infant in his arms. He currently had amber eyes. "they will change color in time. All of us start out that way" Frida mused. She looked to her elder sons and smiled. The Blue eyed males, had once both had amber eyes as well.

"I've managed to sterilize the cord but you will need to be careful with him for a while, remember he is not full fledged lycan" Marvina warned. As she, with a warm damp cloth wiping the baby clean as it rested in Vladimir's arms. Marvina's hand brushed against his arm. And the two locked eyes. Frida did not notice. And Vladimir shied away clearing his throat.

"might you be needed back at the village?" He asked "I-I suppose so" Marvina stammered, Frida sat up "what no, I want her hear what if something happens" She asked. "you've birthed two pups before just fine" Marvina said. "but that was different we don't know anything about this one" Frida reasoned. But Marvina was already packing up. "I am just down the river I will come check up on your latter" she said.

However that was last time the two women ever met again on friendly terms.

Lucia grew fast, and turned out to be much stronger than they had expected. He took heavily after his father, and through Vlad was not a wolf, they would run together through the forest as if he was one. The Family of five. Beodred, Hanma, Lucia, Frida and Vladimir. And the pack as a whole thrived, now upwards to 15 strong.

One day, Vladimir took Marvina the bi weekly deer for Frida and never returned.

Frida waited at the den with Lucia while sending out Hanma and Beodred to search. After days only one son returned,

"Mother!" Beodred snarled as he ran into the den. Frida stood up and left her feeding pack to meet with him. She glanced back at Lucia who's tail wagged happily as he ate and played with another adolescent pup.

Turning her attention back to Beodred she saw how he held one eye shut. "what happened to your eye?" She asked. Tilting her head in confusion. Beodred lower his head and growled lowly. "Vladimir, took it out" He said. Frida froze "what?" She asked. "and Hanma is gone!" Beodred roared in anger. "it can't be" Frida muttered. "it be, Mother, your witch has cursed him. He has been there in that mortal village for weeks, all this search we have done and he was just down the river!" He barked.

Beodred anger was rising, and Frida could not let Lucia hear, so she guided her angered son out of the den. " his eyes were hollow mother, like he had no soul, and he smiled at her, and it wasn't..." Beodred paused "Natural, I tell you he is cursed!" He said. Frida growled lowly. "Marvina....she would never" She said. Beodred stood up "then go and see it mother, go see it with your own eyes. But Hanma's death will not be in vain, I will lead a charge against this witch!" Beodred barked darting back into the caves.

Frida looked down upon the forests and out, out down the rivers path to the quickly growing village. She squinted her eyes as it had seemed a fortress of some sort was being built.

Glancing back at her den, she decided she need to go and go now.

It was late, and the village was sleeping. Frida took to mortal form and silently went to Marvina's home. She knocked softly.

As the door opened Frida gasped and took a step back.

Marvina, stood wrapped in a soft sable furred coat. Frida's shock and horror turned to burning anger.

"its true" Frida hissed. Marvina gazed down at her hollowly. "Ho-how?" Frida asked. But Marvina never answered, and the silence hurt that much more. "where is Vladimir?" Frida growled to this Marvina smirked " do you remember what they were going to have me burned for?" Marvina asked. Frida's eyes darted around as she tried to remember. "I was caught, by the lord of the castle for trying to put the blinded love spell on his son. But I was so inexperienced then, that I did not know of the potion that went went it" Marvina said. Frida trembled with anger. "lord of the castle...." Frida looked up "Vladimir! Was Vladimir his son!" She growled. Marvina smiled sweetly. "do you wish to know the potions key ingredients?" She asked. Frida glared. "Blood of the wolf, heart of the broken, and keen eye" She said. "Hanma always had poor eye sight, Luckily his brother always follows" Marvina said. Frida saw red, and wanted to lung "you won't hurt me, you can't you've still got a few more years to go before you are free from this wolf affliction, you and your pack" She said. Frida growled more clenched her fists , harder and harder, til her claws cut her skin.

"of course this potion has to be made several times, and given to him several times for it to say, and luckily for me, all my supplies lay just up the river" she said. Frida snarled and snapped at Marvina in frustration as she took wolf form. "he has a son, Marvina." Frida reasoned the blonde witch crossed her arms "I will give him another, and a daughter and which ever else he desires, once the potion is done" She said. Frida growled more.

"Look!" someone cried out lighting a torched "Its a monster!" cried another person. Frida looked around to see many villagers were waking up. Marvina smirked briefly before putting on a scared face. "help! She saw the deer at my door step and tried to attack me for it!" Marvina cried. And the villagers rallied causing Frida to flee.

Back at her den, Beodred was surrounded by the few pack males. Velibor, Bardalf, and Frer curled around Beodred. And around them rallying were some of the strongest females of the hunting party including Isolde. "We have to leave the den, it is no longer safe! The witch is out for us all of us." Frida called. "I am sorry, for this is no ones fault but my own" She said looking over their faces, she turned to Beodred. "please, my son. If you attack her you will be stuck this way forever" She pleaded. "She killed my Brother, she now has death on her hands, and who is to say this is her first time!" he snapped. "You don't want to believe it, but she is not innocent. Mother she used you since the day you met" Beodred said.

Frida lowered her head, and closed her eyes. Her tail tucked in. "mama?" Lucia called as he went to her side. Frida nuzzled his hair. "were is papa?" he asked. "He is away love, but he will return" Frida said. Looking up to Beodred. "he will return." she said ushering Lucia back to Isolde.

Frida looked at Beodred "I only know of one creature that can undo what a witch has done." She said darkly. "the demon?" Beodred asked. Frida nodded. "he hasn't been seen for years" He said. "I will find him, please hold off your attack" She asked. Beodred nodded.