Status: My first story on here, hope you like it

Ride Or Die

Chapter 1

The best time to pay attention to things are at night, when everything is calm but still a bit noisy, at night that's when I stay in my bed and think. I think about when they killed my mother, I thought about they. They were a group of criminals who would slaughter anything with just a cent in his or her pocket, anything with something valuable, they'd take it. That's why they killed my mother. Now it's dad, me, and my older brother. My father lost all confidence after she died, my family story is pretty crucial. Not even once have I complained.

When I was six, all I wanted to do was create music, music was my passion, my get out of struggle free card. My dream was to be the best rapper to ever hold a microphone, but my dad... Dad didn't think I could do it. I got rapping from him, he had his fame for about three years, then they killed mom, then he started to hunt down her murders, they took everything. He never found him, then one day he had a heart attack and now he has no energy. I'm 20. Saving up for a house, the children in the other room, mine. Their mother, at work. she was working hard, too. at that moment, I heard crying. I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to their room, my oldest, Calvin Jr., crying while laying down, he saw me and tried to pull himself up. I picked him up, "Hey." I whispered, my other kid twitched, his name was James. Calvin tried his best to talk, barely saying dad. I chuckled a bit, I patted his back over and over, then he began snoring lightly, I set him back softly in his crib. I tiptoed out the room. It was beginning to be day, I could hear birds beginning to sing, joggers shoes scrapping against the sidewalk. Just like everyday, I went to my job, the huge alley where we had rap battles, betted on the winners. Winners got the money, pretty simple. Losers, had to cough up twenty to the winner. Me, only twice when I had to pay, other times, they paid me. But this was just an alley, how would I do on the real stage?