Status: Review lovelies!

8 Months

.000

I just stared at Dave thinking he was crazy. That the Florida heat has gotten to him or something. He couldn’t expect me to give up my whole life in New Jersey to move to Florida with him.

“What do you think babe?” Dave said eagerly. I still didn’t answer him. I just looked at him like he was crazy. “Dove? Baby please answer me!”

“Dave, I can’t just move down here with you! What about my family and friends? I have a life up in Jersey!”

“I know you do baby but we can start a whole new life down here. Just you and me,” he said, giving me one of his flashing smiles.

“Dave, we’ve only been together for like seven months. Don’t you think that’s a little too soon?” I asked him. I don’t think he was really getting this. “I can’t just up and leave my family like that!”

“But baby think about how better our life will be down here for us? You can go to school down here and get your degree and you’ll find a job down here in no time. That bar Paisleys said they would hire you!” Dave said, still sounding optimistic about how this would all work out for us.

I did have to admit that it did sound good but I still had my doubts about it all. My parents would never agree to something like this. I had to beg them practically to let me come on this trip for spring break. They would never let me live down here with him and his grandmother.

“Dove baby please say yes,” he pleaded sweetly to me. He grabbed my hand, rubbing it softly with his.

“Okay what if I did live down here with you. Would I be able to stay in this house with you? Would I be able to have friends over if I made some? Would I be able to stay in your room instead of this guest bedroom? Would I-“

“Baby, relax,” he said cutting me off on my little rant. “We would have an amazing life down here together I just know it!”

“You didn’t answer my questions babe,” I told him softly. “I need to know before I give you my answer.”

He breathed in deeply and didn’t say anything for a while. I could hear his parents and his grandmother talking out in the living room. They sounded happy about whatever was going on.

“Dave, please answer me,” I pleaded with him. A few tears welled up in my eyes. I already knew what my answer would be.

“Dove,” Dave said slowly. “I can’t answer that.”

“Yes you can!” I said feverishly. “Just say it!”

“Fine you want me to say?” His expression changed from happy to angry. “The answer is no!”