Fix Me. (No Longer Updating, Very Bad Fic)

Chapter 2

"What's up your ass?" Tino laughed, looking over at his obviously distressed friend.

"This kid, Alan." Austin spoke, running his fingers through his slightly damp hair, "He hates it here, he hates me."

"Okay, what happened to the Austin who didn't care about what people thought?" Tino asked, raising his eyebrows.

"You know I fucking care, Tino." Austin snapped, instantly feeling bad for snapping, "Sorry, it's just bothering me." He sighed.

"He doesn't hate you," Tino responded, trying to console Austin, "He just doesn't like camp, you were the same way." He added, reaching over to pat Austin's shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, but he's..." Austin started, pushing Tino's hand away. He started tugging at his hair as he pictured the younger man.

"Sixteen." The older counselor interrupted, "All teenagers are kind of fucked up."

"But, he's different!" Austin stressed, pulling his hands away from his hair,"He's-He's not like the other 'fucked up' kids. There's something about him."

"Just don't focus on it, man." Tino tried, "It'll be fine, he'll come around."

"I guess." Austin sighed, defeated.

-x-

Alan sighed, falling back onto the lumpy mattress beneath him. He ran his hands over his face, trying desperately to keep himself awake. Over the last few hours he had been doodling in his sketchbook, as a way to keep himself busy. But now, there wasn't much for him to do that didn't involve leaving the cabin- and there is no way he was going to leave the cabin.

He pushed himself up into a sitting position, fighting to keep his eyelids open. He couldn't stand the way his mind worked, he hated the horrible scenarios that came about in his dreams, he hated being scared to sleep. At this point he'd do anything just to have an hour of uninterrupted sleep, without the nightmares, and without waking up and crying until he lost his voice.

Alan dragged himself up from the bed, trudging over to the door. Maybe some fresh air would keep him awake. Before he could even wrap his fingers the doorknob, it swung open. Alan barely had time to stumble backwards and avoid a collision with the door.

"Oh, sorry!" Austin exclaimed, placing his hands on Alan's shoulders to help steady him, "I didn't realize you were there." Austin added, looking to the ground.

"It's fine." Alan shrugged lazily, "There was no way for you to know."

"Yeah." Austin chuckled awkwardly, "So, what did you do while I was gone?"

"I drew a bit, nothing special." Alan spoke tiredly, walking back to his bed.

"You seem pretty tired." Austin said, watching Alan as he walked to his own bed "Maybe you should get some sleep, you look like you've had a pretty rough day." He added, concerned for the boy's health.

The deep plum colour surrounding Alan's eyes was on the verge of turning into black, adding to his haggard appearance. Austin sighed, watching curiously as Alan reached onto his top bunk to pull down his smaller bag.

"I will eventually." Alan answered softly, "I just need to shower, for now." Alan reached into his bag, pulling out a fluffy blue towel from home. Followed by a small bag containing his toiletries.

"There's a hamper in there you can throw your clothes into. " Austin said, earning a nod in response.

-x-

Austin watched Alan walk the few feet to the bathroom, scanning his body. Alan still hadn't changed, or brushed his teeth -which he really should- from what Austin could see. Although Alan was on the verge of being filthy, Austin didn't care. For some twisted reason, Austin found the younger male to be beautiful. He thought that the younger boy's face was enticing, regardless of the dark bags underneath his eyes or sickly yellow hue of his skin.

Austin's eyes danced across the room, landing on Alan's larger bag that sat on the top bunk. Maybe, he could take a peak inside. No, Austin knew better than to look through a campers personal belongings -especially if he wanted them to like him-. But, regardless of his brain telling him not to, he pushed himself up from his bed as he heard the shower start running.

He walked over to Alan's bunk bed, taking a quick glance at the bathroom door. Nervously, he climbed the short ladder to the top bunk and sat next to the bag. Looking at the bathroom door once more, he unzipped the bag.

The first thing to come into his vision was a medium sized, faux-leather bound sketchbook. The ends of the pages were all torn, the book obviously handmade by a novelty shop. He pulled the book out, revealing a pack of artist's pencils underneath. He knew he didn't have time to dig through the bag and put it all back before Alan ended his shower, so he settled for the sketchbook.

He held the book in his hands, staring down at it intensely. Running his tattooed fingers over the worn leather, guilt flooded through his body. It's private, he can't look. At this point, his logical side finally took over and he placed the book back into it's rightful spot. He zipped the bag, and climbed down from the top bunk. A book will surely keep him occupied for now.

-x-

Alan ran his fingers through his wet hair, forcing the dead strands of hair out with conditioner. He let the lukewarm water run over his face, closing his eyes.

Alan didn't shower much considering he barely dragged himself out of his bed at times. When he did shower though, he loved it. It provided him with a moment where he wasn't clouded in horrible thoughts. The water drowned all of his demons momentarily, even if only for a minute, he enjoyed it.

-x-

Austin huffed, flinging his book across the room to the floor near the door. The ending was such bullshit. Alan had been in the shower for about an hour, giving Austin time to finish the few pages left to his book.

The sound of the door opening caused Austin's head to turn, he watched as Alan walked out of the bathroom. The younger boy had a navy blue towel wrapped around his waist, he held the side tightly to keep it from falling. Alan's skin was nearly florescent, with nothing but a few freckles distracting from his captivating complexion.

Austin's eyes involuntarily ran over Alan's body, creating a mental image that would be difficult to get rid of. Austin watched as Alan turned to rummage through his bag, his towel drooping ever so slightly to reveal a patch of skin that barely ever met the light of day. Austin bit the inside of his cheek, his eyes running up Alan's back. His eyes fell on Alan's shoulder blades, the bones protruding violently as Alan moved his arm.

Austin took in a shaky breath, silently cursing himself for looking at Alan in such a way, "Forget your clothes?" Austin asked, barely able to choke out his words.

"Yeah." Alan blushed, wrapping his arm tighter around his stomach, attempting to cover himself up.

"So, you were in there a long time." Austin chuckled nervously, "I was about to come and check on you." He added, speaking truthfully.

"I'm sorry." Alan spoke, turning around to face Austin, "I didn't realize-"

"It's fine, really." Austin said quickly, "I wasn't planning to shower anyway."

"Oh." Alan said shyly.

"But, I probably should." Austin added, ready to get out of the situation, "You can get changed and I'll have a shower." He smiled.

"Alright." Alan spoke, looking back to Austin as he got up.

-x-

Austin set his towel onto the counter, glancing at himself in the mirror. His hair was plastered to his forehead with sweat, no longer sticking up atop his head. His cheeks were flushed, definitely not from Alan. It was from the heat, obviously.

His eyes wandered to the counter, the bag with Alan's toiletries resting next to the sink. His mind wandered to what may be in the small bag, but he knew better.

Looking away from the bag, he tugged off his shirt, followed by his pants. He let out a sigh, turning to the shower. He opened the glass door, reaching in to turn on the water. Once the water was running at the temperature he wanted, he climbed in. He ran his hands over his face, letting the water glide over his body.

Austin's mind seemed to wander to Alan for the millionth time in the day.

-x-

Alan slid into his bed, not bothering to turn off the lights. He turned to his side, kicking the blanket down to the edge of the bed; the temperature in the cabin far too warm. Flipping the pillow over, he placed his arm underneath. He closed his eyes, finally letting himself relax.

The cabin had gotten far warmer that it was before, causing the usually fully covered Alan to strip down to his boxers. He huffed, rolling onto his back, droplets of sweat forming on his body. He breathed in deeply, coughing from the humidity; the air seemingly thicker than normal. Alan struggled to take in more air as a lump formed in his throat, blocking his airway.

He looked around the cabin, trying to find something to help. He tried calling to Austin, but nothing would come out of his mouth. Stepping out of bed, his legs seemed paralysed, giving out beneath him. His hands became wet the second they met the floor, a puddle forming underneath his fingers. He looked around, confused; searching for the source, his eyes settled on the bathroom door.

Alan's eyes widened when he saw water flooding into the room from the crack at the bottom of the door. He gasped, air finally flooding into his lungs. He scrambled up, water pooling at his feet.

"Austin?!" He shouted, worried for the counselor.

He trudged over to the door, the water rising to his knees, "Austin, answer me!" He yelled, tears forming in his eyes, "Please." He begged quietly, his voice becoming hoarse.

A sob left his mouth after another minutes of nothing but the sound of water rushing. He looked back at the front door to the cabin, water was forcing it's way through the sides of the door. The water was at his hips now, he looked back to the door bathroom quickly. He's going to have to go in.

He grasped at the doorknob, taking a deep breath before opening the door. It flew open the second he turned the knob, water forcing its way through the doorway; hitting him forcefully. He choked on the water, the current from the door dragging him beneath. He screamed, water filling his mouth as he fought against the water.

He somehow made it to the top, spitting out the water and gasping for air. The water had filled the entire room, leaving little space for Alan's head. He looked around, water surrounding him; the bunk beds were now floating along with both his and Austin's belongings. He cried softly, trying desperately to stay afloat.

He pushed away the thoughts of death, focusing on where Austin was. He turned around, looking desperately for the older man's face. The water was at his chin, causing him to tilt his head back to be able to breathe. He soon realized Austin was beneath the water, most likely struggling to stay alive.

He panicked, knowing he'd have to go under. He breathed heavily for a moment, digging inside of himself to find the courage to find Austin. The water stopped rising, leaving just enough room for his mouth and nose. He slowly breathed, calming himself. It's going to be okay.

He pushed himself under, forcing his eyes to open, he looked around desperately for Austin. But, there was nothing. He wasn't there, he was in the bathroom. He was showering. He swam back up to the top, only his nose able to access air. Taking in another breath, he dove back under, swimming to the bathroom.

Once he was in, he instantly noticed how much warmer the water was than in the main room of the cabin. The water was starting to heat, causing a considerable amount of discomfort for Alan. He ignored the water's temperature, looking around the bathroom. Austin was there, floating the the shower stall, unconscious.

He swam to the shower stall, forcing open the glass door. Grasping at Austin, he pulled him to the top of the room; hoping with every fiber of his being for there to be air. When he reached the top, -nearly being dragged down by Austin's lifeless body- there wasn't any air, just water. He slammed his fist against the ceiling, his lungs burning intensely.

Looking back to Austin, he noticed the older man's face had changed considerably. Austin's lips were parted, his mouth flooded with water. His skin was now a ghostly white, his tattoo's contrasting like they had been drawn on paper. His lips were a bright blue, standing out from his white skin. Alan tried desperately to find a pulse on the older man, but he wasn't able to.

His chest tightened, not only from the lack of oxygen, but from the guilt. He could have saved him. Alan pulled Austin to him, clutching onto him. If he was going to die, he at least wanted comfort.

Out of no where, the water disappeared, causing Alan and Austin to fall to the ground. The younger male gasped for air, pulling himself from the lifeless body. He coughed, the burning in his lungs slowly fading away. He looked to Austin's body, tears dripping down his face. He wasted no time in placing his hands over Austin's chest, pushing down in a steady rhythm.

"Come on, don't do this to me." He choked out, pressing into Ausitn's chest harder.

After what seemed like eternity, he gave up. There's no saving him. Violent sobs shook through his body as he clutched onto Austin, "Just let me die." He cried, not able to deal with the guilt.

Water started to flood into the bathroom again, following his plea. This time the water was boiling, burning him as soon as it made contact with his skin. He cried out, painful blisters forming on his skin. The water was flooding into the room far faster than before, already lifting him to the ceiling.

The blisters started to pop, puss and blood flowing from the broken skin. The skin that wasn't blistered, was a deep red as he practically sweat blood. He screamed, the pain becoming far too much for him. The water rose above his head, melting what was his eyes. He gasped, flooding his lungs with what felt like lava. The water burned his insides, causing an even more intense pain to flood through his being. His skin started to slip off his body in chunks, disintegrating in the water.

"Alan!" Someone called, the voice distorted from the water, "Alan!" The voice screamed, now next to holes in the side of Alan's head that used to be his ears.

Alan let out an agonizing scream, hoping something would end the pain he was in.


Alan shot up in the bed, gasping desperately for air. His body was drenched in sweat, his hair soaked.

"Hey, it's okay." Austin spoke nervously, rubbing the boy's back, "You're okay."

Alan sobbed, bringing his hands to his face. He still felt the burning, he still felt the guilt of letting Ausitn die, he felt everything. His hands shook violently, his sobs causing his breathing to become difficult.

-x-

Austin pulled Alan into his arms, not knowing what else he could do.

He had walked out from his shower to find the younger boy sobbing in his sleep, struggling to breathe. The only thing he thought to do at that time was to wake Alan up, and save him from whatever was causing his fear. The first time he shook Alan, all he got was a cry of pain, followed by heartbreaking sobs. His heart shattered into a million little pieces when he heard Alan's cry, the sound truly depressing.

"Shh, I'm here." He spoke softly to Alan, pulling the camper into his lap. "I'm here."

Alan cried out, his face pressed against Austin's chest. Alan clutched onto Austin, his fingernails digging into Austin's skin. He didn't care about the stinging sensation from Alan's nails, all he cared about was making Alan feel better.

"It's okay. It's okay." Austin breathed, rocking back and forth as he held Alan; trying to calm himself and Alan, "I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm here."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this chapter is a bit shorter than I wanted it to be, but hopefully it's enough.

ALSO, I'm really sorry about inconsistent updates. I've just started a different course system in school(if anyone wants to hear about that shenanigan, let me know and I might write a blog entry about it), so I should be working a bit more on chapters. But, I can't promise consistent updates.

Sorry about the overly long note, if you wouldn't mind, leave a comment or subscribe or if you're feeling generous recommend this horrible sum'bitch.