Status: A work in progress!

Whisper in a Dead Mans Ear

Chapter 2. "Vampires"

Yawning, I slowly opened my eyes only to see nothing but black. The room I was in was pitch black. Slowly, I pushed myself up and held myself up on my elbows as I tried to breathe through the painful sharp pains from the pressure pounding at my head from the migraine that I was now currently enduring. Wincing, I sat up and stretched my legs out, noticing that I didn't have room to stretch my legs all the way out as my legs hit a solid wall whenever I tried. Panic took over me as I stretched my arms out and realized I was trapped in a small, closet like, pitch black room.

"Help!" I yelped out as I gasped and patted the palms of my hands against the wall until I felt what felt like a door handle. I sighed in relief as I wrapped my hand around the doorknob and turned it.

"Help!" I screamed out as I tried to turn the doorknob only to find out that it was locked from the outside. "Can anyone hear me?! Help me please!"

I began to pound my fists angrily against the door, "Please! If anyone can hear me, please help me. I've been abducted. My name is Megan Mercer and I'm claustrophobic, please...please SOMEBODY HELP!"

"Help!" I bawled as I began to have a panic attack. "SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Shut up." A male voice hissed from outside the door.

"Please!" I screamed, "Let me out!" I begged, now hysterically bawling.

"If I let you out... are you going to annoy me by trying to run away?" The male voice asked dully.

I snorted in disbelief that he'd actually even have to ask that, "You bet your ass I am! I've been abducted! not to mention drugged by my own best friend!"

"Fine. Have fun in there all night with the rodents crawling around." The voice merely said before I heard him start to walk away.

"Rodents? what rodents...?" I asked slowly before pausing and listening, only to hear little squeaking noises from what sounded like rats.

"LET ME OUT!" I screamed in fear realizing that I was in a closet with rats. I hate rats, they creep me out.

"PLEASE! Let me out! I won't run!" I lied.

I could feel a rodent tickle the tip of my toes which made me cringe in fear. Without thinking and by reflex, I booted the rat against the wall and screeched in terror.

"That's smart.... piss off a bunch of hungry rats." The male voice chuckled from outside the door.

"Fuck you!" I exclaimed as I kicked yet another one.

I began to hysterically kick the rats around and about. They slowly kept picking up there tiny greasy bodies up and coming for more. Finally the rats succeeded and jumped me. I gave a big squeal and began to bang on the door as I kicked the rats and tried my best in not letting them bite me.

"Jesus Christ" I heard the male voice say from behind the door as he unlocked the locked door.

Since my back was against the door, I went flying backwards as the door swung open. I winced as I landed roughly on my back but gasped in fear and crawled backwards away from the angry rats charging at me.

"You!" I gasped in shock as I pointed up at the guy from the party with red contacts in.

"Me..." he grumbled as he kicked a few rats that had escaped the closet with me, back into the closet.

I shut my eyes tightly as began to shiver in the thought of rats eating me alive. I shot open my eyes as I was suddenly yanked up to my feet and slammed up against the wall. He had me completely pinned against the wall. I whimpered a little as I stared into his "red" eyes. A smug look of satisfaction spread across his face as he watched how nervous I had become.

"Are you afraid?" He asked smugly.

I shrugged, "Well considering I was just drugged, brought here and shoved in a rodent infested closet and now I'm being pinned against this wall with someone I've never met... yeah, you could say that."

"If you try anything or piss off any of them, you're going back in that closet." He stated firmly.

I gulped at the thought of going back into that closet with those now angry rats.

"That's it?" I asked dully.

He stared at me in confusion, "What?"

"....You abduct me... and that's all you say to me? I have questions that have to be answered. Like why did you abduct me? Why did I have to be drugged by my own best friend for you to do so? How did we get here? Was I in a trunk? why didn't we stop and get food first? Do you not clean your house that there's rats in your closets? Do you want ants? because that's how you get ants." I replied, shooting a ton of questions at him.

"Jesus Christ, shut up." He growled in annoyance.

"Well... aren't you a peach." I mumbled as I folded my arms over my chest, "So when can I go home?"

"Tenyle!" He called out as loud as he could.

"Oh yay, another abductor!" I fake exclaimed in excitement.

"What's your name? Or would you prefer me to not call you anything?" I asked again.

"Jesus Christ... Tenyle!" He roared.

The main door of the room swung open and there appeared a tall girl that had to be only about 22 years old at the most. She had white hair, red perfect lips, a perfect figure, big boobs and too had the red contacts in that this asshole in front of me has.

"Is this her?" She asked pointing at me.

"Yeah... this is it." He replied merely.

"...Where's her shoes?" She asked as she stared down at my bare feet.

Xavier sighed, "It got drunker than a normal drunk mess and took it's shoes off."

I scoffed, "I have a name... it's Megan"

"I don't care." He snapped.

"Good." I replied with a shrug, not caring if he did or not.

"Exactly now shut up." He hissed.

"You shut up." I snapped back.

"Shut up or I'll kill you." He threatened.

"Go ahead." I said with a yawn.

"I will."

"I'm waiting." I yawned again.

"Shut up!" He roared.

"You shut up."

"TENYLE!" He hollered again.

The blonde snorted from laughter, "I'll go get Tenyle. Don't hurt her! I'm warning you now Xavier!" She warned, clearly.

"Aha! So that's your name!" I exclaimed as I pointed at him and poked him in the chest. "Is it X-aver? or pronounced Zaver?" I asked curiously.

Xavier rolled his eyes and sighed loudly, "Please... go get Tenyle before I snap it's neck, Robyn."

'Robyn' gasped, "If you do I'll freak!"

You'll freak?! Bitch I'll freak! Wait... I'll be dead... guess I won't be able to freak.

"Go... get... Tenyle..." Xavier demanded in a slow and low tone.

Robyn sighed and rolled her eyes before glaring at Xavier, "You better not hurt Megan...." She warned before turning and swinging the door open and slamming it shut behind her.

My heart raced as I listened to Robyn's stiletto heels click against the flooring as she walked down the hallway. Xavier death glared me as I glared right back at him. He sneered at me before walking away from me and towards the door.

"Wait here for Tenyle and Robyn." He stated firmly as he too left the room.

I chuckled in disbelief, "Fuck thaaaaaat." I chimed as I tip toed over to the door that Xavier had just walked out of. Slowly, I opened the door slightly and peered down the candle lit hallway, noticing that nobody was in sight... this was my chance to get the hell out of wherever it is that I'm at and find Sydney and punch her lights out. Some "best friend" she is.

The door creaked as I made my way out into the hallway, making my heart race as I shot my head in both directions making sure that no one was coming. Sighing, I began to make my way over to the first window I could find... the one at the end of the hallway. The window was dirty, so dirty that I couldn't even look through it. Shrugging, I unlocked the window and slowly lifted it up and gasping as I stared out the window and looked down at the long drop. I had to be at least 9 feet from the ground. Gulping, I looked around and noticed that there was a vine that I could use as a rope to shimmy my way down the side of the house... the only negative part about this plan is the fact that I'd have to climb out of the window and carefully walk along the thin ledge all the way over to the vine. This wasn't going to be easy.

"Going somewhere?" Xavier asked from behind me, making me jump in my skin.

"Uh... no. Just..." I stuttered.

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Yes." I replied firmly, "I was... just going for a walk?" I asked with a wince.

"A walk? Really? Well. Carry on. Don't let me be the one to stop you from falling to your death." Xavier replied with a smirk and turning around to walk away.

Immediately, I went back to looking out the window when I was grabbed from behind and thrown over Xavier's shoulders. I gasped as I gripped on to the back of his shirt, clenching my eyes shut tight as Xavier spun around and held my body out the window.

"If you try to escape again, I'm going to throw you out of this window." He stated firmly making me gulp.

"XAVIER!" An unfamiliar female voice screamed in horror from behind us, "PUT HER DOWN NOW."

Xavier chuckled as he loosened his grip around my legs making me shoot my eyes open wide and scream in terror.

"IN THE HOUSE, DON'T YOU DARE DROP HER!" Robyn joined in on the yelling with the other female.

Xavier growled in defeat as he pulled me back inside and roughly dropped me down onto the ground, I sighed and almost kissed the floor, I was so happy to be alive and not flattened on the ground like I was some kind of human pancake if Xavier actually would have dropped me. Robyn and the other girl rushed over to me and helped me up to my feet. I immediately jumped back away from them, slamming my back up against a wall.

"Stay back!" I instructed as I curled my hands into balls and raised my fists up, "I will punch you in the face!" I threatened making them all laugh hysterically.

"We're not going to hurt you Megan. So there's no reason to threaten us." Tenyle stated with a chuckle.

"I mean... he might. But not if we can help it." Robyn added to Tenyle's comment.

"No, he won't. Or he will have me to deal with." Tenyle corrected giving Xavier a glare.

Xavier rolled his eyes and walked away, disappearing into one of the many rooms on this floor which made me assume that we were in some type on mansion like "house". The flooring was a dark cherry wood hardwood flooring and the walls all held beautiful candles which was kind of creepy... but meh... I'm weird.

"Who are you people?!" I asked frantically as Tenyle handed me a sealed water bottle.

"...People... hah... that's a good one." Robyn snorted as I opened my water bottle and held it up to my lips.

"We're not exactly...people..." Tenyle explained reluctantly.

"Freaks then." I mumbled under my breathe before taking a swig of water.

Both Robyn and Tenyle shot me a glare "We're vampires."

Water flew out of both my nose and water and I busted out into a hysterical fit of laughter.

"Vampires?" I laughed hunching over and slapping my knee. "What the fuck are you smoking?!" I asked again as I teared up from laughing.

"Should we show her?" Robyn asked Tenyle, ignoring my comment.

Tenyle nodded firmly before they both turned around and smiled widely, showing me their fangs. Not going to lie... they were impressive. Must be nice to be so rich that you can afford to get things like Dental Prosthetic's.

"How much did you pay for those? I saw someone on T.V pay quite a bit of money to have their dentist install and do those." I asked with a shrug.

Both Robyn and Tenyle frowned at my comment.

"They're not prosthetic's..." Robyn growled.

"Nice. So I got kidnapped by weirdos who wear red contacts and spend copious amounts of money on vampire fangs.... why don't you guys spend your money on something useful? Like a fucking exterminator for the rat problem y'all got..." I growled followed by a deep breathe. "What have I done in life that me of all people get abducted by a pack of freaks....and where the hell is Sydney?"

"Hmm..." Tenyle moaned as she tapped her index finger against her chin. "It appears that Sydney was right about Megan being stubborn...

"Looks like we're going to have to be a little bit more convincing..." Robyn trailed off.

"Oh Xavier..." They both called out.

Great, first I get forced to wear something I didn't want to wear and then dragged to a shitty Halloween party with a bunch of people I can't stand and then to top that off... my own best friend drugs me so that a weirdo with red contacts can abduct me and bring me to a creepy dark, rat infested house to meet a bunch of other weirdo's who think they're vampires.

FANTASTIC!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hate it? Love it? let me know.