Status: A work in progress!

Whisper in a Dead Mans Ear

Chapter 3. Snow?

"Pay attention." Robyn hissed.

Yawning, I sat up straight in my seat and rested my elbows on the table that was in front of me. The girls had dragged me into a huge room with a 12 person dining room table. Again, this room was dark and only lit by candlelight which was pretty creepy and dirty and definitely could use a good swiffer up in here.

"I really could care less about your weird infatuation with Twilight or whatever other bullshit you're obsessed with that made you feel the need to pretend you're a vampire. How about we talk about why the fuck I'm here?! Where's Sydney?!" I exclaimed calmly at first before raising my voice as I slammed my fists down on the table.

"Sydney isn't important right now." Tenyle assured me.

I scoffed, "Neither is this vampire crap you all seem to be so focused on. WHY am I here?!"

"Megan... You're the only one in the area that can help us." Tenyle explained as she shifted her eyes around the table and over to where Xavier was sitting casually drumming his thumb against the edge of the table out of boredom.

"What could I possibly help you with? Want me to refer you to a therapist? How about a maid service... this is disgusting." I gagged as I wiped my finger along the table and revealed the dust that was now on my finger.

"Megan... do you remember your nanny when you were a baby?" Tenyle asked softly.

"Oh yeah, definitely. I keep up with her on Facebook all the time, since you know... I remember her from when she babysat me when I was a fucking BABY. No! I don't remember! How the hell would I remember?! I was an infant!" I hissed in annoyance.

Robyn rolled her eyes, "Are you sure this is the one?"

"Yes!" Tenyle hissed. "Don't worry... Aeon said it will take a while... be patient."

"Aeon? What kind of fucking name is that? Sounds like crayon." I muttered.

"What kind of name is Megan?" Robyn hissed.

"Oh, I don't know... a normal name?" I shot back.

"I'll have you know that Aeon is one of the oldest and wisest vampires still around. He's from back in the 1800's." Tenyle stated firmly, leaning back in her seat and folding her arms across her chest.

Sighing, I placed my head in my hands and squealed in annoyance. Why?! Why was this happening to me of all people?! I'm a fairly good person... I don't drink.. except last night or tonight.. wait... what day is it? how long was I out? - I'm a good student, I don't cause any trouble, hell... I'm a fucking angel compared to my twin sister whom in which I'm not even going to bother mentioning in front of these vampire obsessed idiots.

"This might not make sense to you now... but it will... soon." Tenyle soothed.

"Convince her." Xavier demanded rolling his wrist.

Tenyle smirked, "I enjoy explaining this." She said as she nodded at Xavier.

"Vampires are fiction to humans right?" She asked me. I ignored her and stared at her wide eyed, impressed that she was so stupid she felt the need to actually ask me that. "Well... we're not. The whole 'vampire' thing came from somewhere..right? We are exactly what you've heard. The sun is a no go, we're creatures of the night, fast and strong and we do have an sensational love for the taste of human blood."

I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply, "Wonderful..."

"However... we aren't like what we're made out to be. Well...not us anyway. We only drink animal blood or human donors blood. Which in this day and age is quite easy to get... everyone is so obsessed with the thought of vampires that all we have to do is find a weirdo who's into that sort of thing. Drink enough, get enough. Understand?" Tenyle asked.

"What. In. The. Fuck. Are. YOU. Talking. ABOUT?!" I spat in annoyance.

"Why is this so hard to convince you?" Robyn leaned in and whispered.

"Because it's BULLSHIT" I exclaimed throwing my hands into the air.

Xavier's expression turned into pure anger as his nostrils flared and he gritted his teeth, jumping up from his seat and charging over to where I was sitting. He latched onto my wrist and dragged me up to my feet, dragging me out of the room and stomping down the long hallway over to a huge set of doors. Xavier grunted as he ripped open the large doors revealing the lovely outdoors. Xavier dragged me outside onto the large porch/deck that followed along the front of the massive house. Naturally by instinct, I scanned my surroundings... noting that I was in a forest of some type as the house was surrounded by trees.

"Watch this." He instructed as he pulled out a switchblade from his pocket.

My eyes widened and I gasped a little, jumping back in fear and almost falling backwards.

Xavier smirked in amusement, "Settle down. I'm not going to kill you Megan. At least...not yet anyways."

"Oh that's reassuring." I grumbled.

"Now watch!" He exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I sucked my teeth in boredom as I waited for him to show me whatever the hell it was that he oh so badly needed to show me. Xavier pressed the switch on his switchblade which revealed the blade before merely stabbing himself in the stomach. I gasped in shock as my mouth fell agape at what he had just done.

"SOMEBODY HELP! THIS IDIOT JUST STABBED HIMSELF!" I roared at the top of my lungs.

Xavier rolled his eyes before snapping his fingers in front of my face again, "Pay attention, Megan." He instructed as he pulled out the knife without even so much as wincing. Xavier pulled up his black t-shirt, revealing his stab wound that was now pouring blood and smirked as the wound somehow began to close up and heal right before my eyes.

"What the fuck...." I whispered quietly as I focused on not fainting from the sight I just had before me.

"Believe it. Because it's true." Xavier stated as he pulled his shirt back down and closed the knife, shoving it back into one of the pockets on his jeans.

"How did you do that?!" I asked almost amazed. "Although I still don't believe that you're a vampire.. that was pretty cool I'll admit."

"What?" He hissed in annoyance.

"Well... I was drunk when Sydney drugged me, it's still night out...meaning it's dark... I could be just imagining things. Hell, this could all be just a bad trip. Maybe someone dropped something in my drink and I'm actually dreaming this? Yeah. That's it. I'm probably passed out at Sydney's right now or God forbid... passed out at Cody's and dreaming this." I trailed off to myself.

"You are the most dumbest person al-" Xavier started.

"You are." I interrupted.

Xavier glared, "I just showed you something that was impossible for any human to do and you're still-"

"You're not a vampire." I retorted.

"Yes I am, you idiot. You're-"

"I'm not the one claiming I'm a vampire-" I chuckled in disbelief.

"I should kill you-" Xavier started but was interrupted by me again.

"I thought you guys needed my help. What good am I if I'm-"

"Shut up!" He hissed.

"You shut the fuck up!" I spat.

"Xavier! Did you show her?" Tenyle called from the house.

Xavier glared at me as he brushed passed me, our shoulders colliding as he did so. I listened as Xavier walked back over towards the front door, giving me time to jump off of the porch and wince as I landed roughly on the ground, almost but luckily not rolling my ankle. I took off like a bat out of hell, running as fast and as far as I possibly could. I didn't know where I was or where I was going but sooner or later I'd find a road... or at least I hope so.

"GET HER!" I head the faint sound of Tenyle scream from back at the house which only made me run faster.

My bare feet bled as I ran over rocks, twigs and all sorts of plants with thorns. Eventually I tripped over a log, wincing as I fell face first into...snow? Snow? HOW FAR AM I IN THE FOREST? It only snows this time of year up in the mountains or near the mountains...wait... DID THESE FREAKS TAKE ME WAY OUT FROM TOWN? Yup, I'm going to freeze to death. Somehow, I pushed myself up and whimpered as I took slow steps through the cold snow. My body was shaking from freezing and I couldn't feel my body anymore.

"Boo." A males voice - that wasn't Xavier's whispered from behind me.

I screamed out in fear as I began to try and run again, failing and falling back down into the cold, wet snow. I gasped in fear as the person leaped up and tackled me, pinning me down into the snow. I grabbed onto the persons upper, strong muscular arms, telling me that it was a male figure that was on top of me. It was too dark to see.

"Nighty night." The person said sadistically as he pulled back his arm and was about to punch me in the head in hopes of knocking me out when he was pushed off of me with great force and tackled back down in the snow.

I laid there frozen and unable to move. A mixture of fear and frostbite was what was keeping me from moving. The sound of a wolf whimpering and howling echoed before the person who had just tackled me, disappeared into the forest.

"Jesus Christ, Megan." Robyn stated as she stared down at me, noticing that I was about to freeze to death. She pulled me up out of the snow at stared at my frozen figure. We began to slowly walk away but I was too cold and too weak therefor, I fell down and shut my eyes as I hit the blanket of snow underneath of me.

"Megan get up!" Robyn exclaimed. "Xavier?! Xavier where are you?!" She called out.

"Right here. Making sure he doesn't come back." Xavier replied suddenly towering over me, staring down at me in disgust and shaking his head in disbelief. "Now look what this idiot did to herself."

"...I'm...going to...die..." I slurred, watching my breathe in the cold air.

"We have to get her back before he comes back." Robyn exclaimed frantically.

"Bah...bah...black sheep..." I sang in a slur as my vision began to blur.

Xavier sighed as he knelt down beside me, "Christ, Look what you've done now" Xavier said annoyed as he picked me up bridal style and began to walk back to the house.

"DON'T KILL HER!" Robyn screamed.

Xavier stopped and turned to look at Robyn between squinted eyes, "I'm helping her".

"Hurry then, we have to get her back to the house. Tenyle is worried sick!" Robyn exclaimed as we headed back to the house.

Once we reached the front of the house, Tenyle had the doors open and her jaw was dropped, she looked worried as she noticed my almost lifeless body limply placed in Xavier's arms. Xavier sighed loudly as he walked past Tenyle who was staring down at me with a horrific look on her face as if I was dead or something. Xavier carried me up a couple flights of stairs and down another long and dark hallway, kicking open a door. The room looked like a bedroom and it clearly was Xavier's as it smelt good, just like he does. Wait... what am I saying?!

I stared up at Xavier as he carried me across his room and kicked open another door, revealing a bathroom. So far.. his room and his bathroom appeared to be the only clean rooms in the house that I've seen anyway. Xavier flicked on a switch that automatically began to fill the tub with water. These bastards really are rich...

Robyn gasped once she realized what her brother was about to do, "THAT WILL KILL HER!" She shouted.

"No it wont." Xavier argued.

I turned my head, still in Xavier's arms, and looked at the hot water and then at my frozen body. The thought about what was about to happen made me black out.

Yes! no pain for me.

"Ready?" Xavier asked. "Because here goes!"

Ah fuck.. I'm not passed out.

Xavier carelessly dropped me into the tub. I gasped as the water touched my body - almost shocking me. Robyn gasped and ran over to the tub.

"Leave" Xavier demanded. Robyn just stood there shocked.

"Wait out in my room" He demanded.

"No-" Robyn argued.

"Now" Xavier hissed, causing Robyn to jump and do what she was told. I

Once my feeling in my body started to come back, sat up and sighed. My hair was saturated wet and my makeup that Sydney had put on me was now running down my face. Xavier grabbed a tiny wash cloth and knelt down by the tub. He wiped off the makeup running down on me.

"You know, the person chasing after you was a werewolf" Xavier said breaking the silence. I turned my head and glared at him. He glared back at me. "Move your arms" Xavier demanded.

"No" I replied not wanting to press my luck and end up having my arms turn black from frost bite.

"Fine, have fun being stiff as a bone" Xavier replied. I glared at him and moved my arms in defeat.

"There, now get undressed" Xavier stated dully.

"Fuck you!" I yelled.

"Trust me, I'm not at least bit attracted to you" Xavier said standing up and grabbing towels and setting them down by the tub.

"Good. Me neither" I replied.

"Hurry up, I'm sick of you already" Xavier grumbled, leaving the bathroom.

Well.. at least I'm not dead...yet...
♠ ♠ ♠
:D