Status: A work in progress!

Whisper in a Dead Mans Ear

Chapter 5. Vampires, Shapeshifters, Werewolves? What are you smoking?

Sleeping is one of the greatest things in life. I love sleeping. I love being comfortable and snuggled up under a warm blanket. Yet, I never sleep more than five hours a night. It's almost depressing how I haven't taught myself how to go to sleep at a decent hour of the night so I can actually have a good nights rest and not feel like a zombie in the morning. I mean, who doesn't enjoy sleeping? Vampires? Ha... vampires. See what I did there?

"Is she dead?" The same male's voice from before I passed out asked.

"She's not dead. Get up." Xavier hissed as he knelt down beside me.

Slowly I opened my eyes and stared up at Xavier. I was alive. He was alive. How did he escape that wolf? Woah... who's this guy with white hair beside us? Is that Billy Idol? No.. Well, the hair could pass as him definitely. He must be the guy who asked if I was alright before I blacked out. Xavier's shirt was torn at the chest, revealing huge gash marks from what I assume to be from the wolf. My only question now is... where's the wolf?

"She had quite the tumble. Her head bounced off that grass like a basketball." The Billy Idol look alike told Xavier.

Xavier shrugged, "Stupid is as stupid does."

I glared at Xavier before slowly pushing myself up and resting on my elbows. Xavier stood back up and shook his head angrily as he noticed how bad his shirt was ripped. The gashes across his chest weren't "healing" as fast as the stab wound once had when he tried to "prove" to me that he was a vampire.

The white spiky haired, Billy Idol look alike held out his hand offering to help me up to my feet. I sneered at him in disgust. Just because you're a hot piece of ass doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you either. After all, I'm here against my will by a family of people who think they're fucking vampires. Not to mention I almost died multiple times already, I watched Xavier stab himself in the stomach and he's unfortunately still alive. This all happened because Tenyle claims that ME of ALL people can help them. Help them with what?!

As I stood up on my own, the blonde male frowned in disappointment that I didn't accept his offer to help me up to my feet. Xavier noticed me staring the blonde up and down, not on purpose either.. it was just that he was incredibly good looking. Not as good looking as Xavier but he was- Wait what. No. Xavier? Gross. He's... well... he's not gross... but he's an asshole so.. therefor his good looks automatically don't count.

"Oh God." Xavier sneered in disgust.

"What?" The blonde asked.

"Why are you here?" Xavier hissed at him, narrowing his eyes into a glare.

"Looks like Jesy gave you run for your money, Xavier. Losing your touch are we?" The blonde asked pointing to Xavier's gashes across his chest.

Xavier smirked, "You should see him."

I cleared my throat as a way to interrupt the two, "Yeah, hi. Remember me? abductee here. Yeah.. so it's great that you guys want to catch up and all but is anyone else worried that there's a wolf on the lose that almost just killed me and dipstick over here? or is it just me?"

"Why the hell are we still standing out here?!" I exclaimed, trying this method to get my point across instead of being sarcastic.

"Did you not tell her?" The Billy Idol looking guy asked staring over at Xavier.

"She knows about us." Xavier replied dully.

"Well what about us?!" The young Billy Idol looking guy asked. "Tenyle is the one who told us that you guys have found the one." He added nodding over at me.

Xavier sighed loudly, "God damn it Tenyle."

"We need this help just as much as you blood suckers do!" He spat at Xavier.

"Why are you here?! I have no idea why Tenyle contacted you in the first place. We have this under control. Tenyle has already spoke to Aeon about this. Don't you have a house to go haunt or something?" Xavier growled before wincing at the burning sensation from his opened wounds across his chest.

Ha, Aeon the crayon.

"Oh yeah. Megan... this is Grim. He's dead." Xavier introduced poorly.

Grim aka the young looking Billy Idol glared at Xavier before staring at me, "Very funny. Funny guy you are. Funny how you forgot to mention the fact that I'm dead because YOU killed me."

"Obviously I didn't do a very good job at it..." Xavier mumbled as he looked around.

"That's karma for being an asshole, Xavier. You killed me for annoying you. I came back as a ghost to annoy you even worse." Grim smiled in triumph.

Of course, he's a weirdo too. This one believes he's a ghost now... fantastic.

"You're hardly a ghost." Xavier grumbled as he straightened out his back, a bone cracking noise screeching through my ear drums as he did so.

Grim shrugged, "I'm a shapeshifter. But since Xavier killed me while I was in my... not so sweet... stage... I'm a dead shapeshifter. If I shape in to my beast form... I die... for good. Therefor, I'm a ghost." Grim explained proudly.

"Not you too..." I groaned in annoyance.

"But thankfully you're here now!" Grim said cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes, "Yay..."

"Tenyle did mention that Aeon said this would take awhile... Does she remember her nanny?" Grim asked Xavier as if I wasn't even there.

Xavier shrugged, "Ask Tenyle. I have more important things to deal with right now."

"Like what?" I hissed. "I thought you were a vampire, why don't you 'heal' yourself again?" I added in a sarcastic whining tone.

"Shut up." Xavier snapped.

"Ha!" I laughed shortly, "See. I knew it."

"You know nothing." Xavier replied.

"I know that you're a lunatic who thinks he's a vampire." I stated proudly.

Xavier chuckled, "I am a vampire."

"One that can't heal himself." I laughed.

"I can you idiot-"

"No you can't" I interrupted.

"Yes I can you stupid idiot. It just won't happen as instant as the knife wound. That dog did this to me." Xavier spat, referring to the wolf.

"Mhm..." I huffed.

"He's right you know." Grim joined in. "The nails on a werewolf are like poison when they come in contact with a vampire's skin. Even mine."

"What. The. FUCK. Are you guys talking about?! Enough with this crazy shit! Which way is it to the house?! There is a fucking wolf on the loose! I don't want to be his dinner. Come on. Let's go!" I demanded taking a few steps away from them.

"Xavier! Kidnap me again. Or something. Just get me out of this forest! Take me back to that God forsaken home of yours if you have to." I added reluctantly.

Xavier stormed past me, leading the way. Grim and I both looked at each other and shrugged before following Xavier.

"Where's that dog friend of yours?" Xavier growled as he limped slowly towards a path that I assumed would lead us back to the house.

"I don't know Xav. Where is he?!" Grim replied suspiciously.

"Not dead... sadly." Xavier muttered under his breathe. "He wasn't in that stupid werewolf stage when we fought..." Xavier added dully making Grim sigh in relief.

"Alright! I've had it!" I yelled. "You guys are fucking NUTS!"

Grim sighed, "I think we best get back to the house and have Tenyle explain home... and why Megan can help us."

"Actually... I want to go home. But, It would be nice to know the reason behind my best friend leading you weirdo's to me and why." I added with a shrug.

Xavier ignored us both and continued to limp along the path, not even so much as flinching when the exact same wolf jumped out from the bushes, baring its teeth and growling at Xavier. Xavier paid no attention to the wolf who also had large gashes on its body, much like Xavier's. Instead, Xavier just continued to make his way down the path, through the dark forest. Grim on the other hand was smirking a devilish but proud smile at the wolf.

"Ah, there you are, Jesy." Grim exclaimed.

The wolf howled before leaping across the path behind Xavier and into the bushes, disappearing for a few moments. Within a few seconds, a shirtless, dark brown haired, handsome man stood up. He had large gashes across his chest and stomach, just like Xavier and the wolf had. My jaw dropped, where did he come from? Am I on drugs? Where's the wolf?! Is this shit actually real? No. No. Megan. Get a hold of yourself. There has to be some sort of logical reason behind this.

"Megan, this is Jesy. Jesy, this is Megan." Grim introduced us.

I looked around, noticing that Xavier was no longer anywhere in sight.

"I'd come out and shake your hand but I'm..." Jesy chuckled nervously.

I blushed, noticing that he was meaning he was completely naked and that the only thing covering his lower body was bushes.. Ha. Tree bushes, not... those kind of bushes. Jesy smiled widely at my reaction. He had a gorgeous smile. He was even better looking than Grim is.

"I got you." Grim reassured Jesy as he pulled off the backpack he had on and unzipped it. Grim pulled out a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt and carelessly tossed the small pile of clothes over to Jesy.

"Get dressed Jes and let's get back to Xavier's. Tenyle and Robyn should be back soon. Tenyle needs to explain everything to Megan." Grim explained.

"MEGAN!" Robyn hollered from the house.

Oh yay... her. I wonder if she actually brought my redbull and subway. I'm starving.

"Sounds like she already is." Jesy stated, coming out from the bushes and zipping up his jeans as he did so. Jesy stared me up and down, a sly smirk forming across his lips, "So she's really the one?"

"Apparently. I guess we will find out once we get back to the house." Grim replied.

UGH. Why are all the hot ones nuts?! First vampires... now shapeshifters and werewolves?! What kind of drugs are these guys on? And why would Sydney put me in this predicament?!
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to make a new banner :O
Also, thank you to the ones who subscribed, you guys are dope!