Status: Ideas and Suggestions are very welcomed!

Angel in the Photos

I'm Not Pregnant!

Its been a few weeks since Christmas and I haven't been feeling well. I would feel nauseous all day and couldn't get relief. If I wasn't feeling nauseous, I was feeling hungry, very tired, or thirsty or a combination of all three. I knew Chris was worried and tried to get me to make a doctors appointment, but I would always tell him that it was just the flu and I'll get over it. I hated going to the doctors because I fear they'll find something seriously wrong with me. I knew I couldn't handle being diagnosed with something serious like cancer.

"Chris, I swear I'll be fine. Go on that road trip." I said, begging Chris. I could be by myself. I've done it before.

"You sure? You look clammy and not to mention pale as a ghost." Chris said, holding up a mirror. My god I looked like shit. There was no color in my face. My face was covered in a thin layer of sweat. How the hell can I be sweating at a time like this? Must have been all the vomiting I did this morning.

"I'm worried about you babe. I can't lose you." Chris said, sitting on the edge of my side of the bed.

"You're not going to lose me. Now go before you're late!"

"Can you please call Lindsay. It would make me feel better"

"Fine! Go"

---

Hours later and I still haven't called Lindsay. I know I promised Chris that I'd call her, but I really didn't need a babysitter. Since Chris left this morning, I've moved from the bedroom to the living room couch. I felt so exhausted that if the rail wasn't there, I would've fell down the stairs. Feeling parched, I got up to go to the kitchen to get something to drink. As I got there, the room started to spin. Next thing I know I'm on the floor.

Lindsay's Pov:

I'm at home and I have nothing to do. I was sitting on the couch watching god knows what when my phone rang. Thinking it was it Marc but I was surprised to see that it was Chris.

"Hello"

"Hey Lindsay. Have you stopped by our house sometime today?"

"No. Was I supposed to?" I ask.

"Damn it. She was supposed to call you. She's sick here recently and I wanted you to check on her."

"I can head over there now because I have nothing better to do."

"Thanks Lindsay. We have a key in a fake rock next to the gnome."

"Your welcome! Have a good road trip."

"I'll try, no promises."

"Bye Chris."

"Bye"

I put on some shoes, put on my coat, grabbed the keys and left for their house. As I'm driving to their house, I kept thinking about what could cause her to be sick. The one thing that kept coming up was pregnancy. I pull up to their house and get out the car. I get the key from the rock and walked in.

"Olivia! Where are you?" I shouted out. I didn't get a response from her. I thought I'd be a good friend and make her some chicken noodle soup. I walked into the kitchen and saw Olivia the floor passed out.

"Olivia!" I said, running over to her. I pulled out my phone and called 911. I tell them I'm in need of an ambulance and that they should hurry. Not even 10 minutes later, they were coming in with a stretcher.

"You found her like this?"

"Yes. Her fiancé asked me to check on her while him and the team is on a road trip."

"Is she allergic to anything?"

"Nothing that I know of." I said, getting into the ambulance. As we were on our way to the hospital, I called Chris. I didn't expect him to answer -and he didn't pick up- so I left a message. "Chris, I found Olivia on the kitchen floor passed out and we are on our way to the hospital. You need to come home immediately!"

End Of Lindsay's Pov

---

Chris's Pov:

I was in my hotel room that I was shared with Mats getting ready for team dinner. I had way to much on my mind right now.

"Hey dude you have a missed call" Mats said. I walk from the bathroom back to the nightstand and see I have a miss call and a voicemail. It was from Lindsay. I play the voicemail.

"Chris, I found Olivia on the kitchen floor passed out and we are on our way to the hospital. You need to come home immediately!"

"Mats tell coach I won't make it to team dinner." I said.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Olivia is in hospital. I'm going to get my things and leave. Olivia is more important than hockey." I said, shuffling around the room. I didn't care if I got benched.

"Go man. I'll tell you coach where you're going and why."

"Thanks Mats." I said, walking out the door with my things. I'll just buy my ticket when I get to the airport. I pull my phone out to text Lindsay as I get in in the cab;

Lindsay, please stay with her until I get there.

---

Once I got back to New York, I stopped by the house to drop my things off. As I was getting in my car, I kept thinking that shouldn't have left. If I hadn't of left, she wouldn't be in the hospital. Like I said, Olivia will and always be more important than hockey. I get to the hospital and go up to the lady behind the desk.

"Hello how may I help you?"

"My fiancée Olivia Baner was sent here?"

"Oh yes! Floor six , room 120"

"Thank you" I said. I didn't give her the time to say your welcome. I rush up to the floor she's on and see Lindsay. "Lindsay!"

"Chris! They did some testing on Olivia when she got here but they won't tell me anything because I'm not family." Lindsay said.

"I hope and pray to god it isn't anything real serious." Chris said.

End of Chris' Pov

---

I groaned and opened my eyes. I look around and saw that I'm not at home and that I'm in a hospital. How did I get here? I mean last time I checked I was at home.

"Hey you're awake"

"Chris?" I slurred. What was he doing here. He should on a road trip with the team.

"I'm right here. Olivia do you know how worried I was when Lindsay called saying you were in the hospital?"

"Chris, you shouldn't be here! You should be on that road trip with the team!"

"Babe, you're more important than hockey. You'll always be number one. Besides, There's a reason why I put a ring on it." Chris said, running his fingers through my hair. Then there was a knock on the door.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?" The doctor said.

"Very tired but good I guess"

"You want me to honest or do you want me to sugar coat it?"

"Is she pregnant?" Chris asked.

"I'M NOT PREGNANT!" I shouted at Chris. If I was pregnant I would know... right?

"No she's pregnant. She has type one diabetes" The doctor said.

"What is that exactly?" I asked curiously.

"Type one diabetes is a chronic condition In which the pancreas produces little or no insulin, a hormone needed to allow sugar (glucose) to enter cells to produce energy." The doctor said. The doctor went on to talk about my diet and insulin and all sort of things I had to change. After the doctor the left the room, I let out a loud sigh.

"It will be okay babe" Chris said, squeezing my hand.

"Why?! Why of all times did this have to happen." I said. I was clearly frustrated. Did god know that I was trying to plan a wedding?

"Everything happens for a reason"

"Well whatever it is needs to stop! I don't need any more "excitements" right now." I said. I meant what I said. I swear if I get anymore excitements, I'll flip a damn table.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there goes my feelings! Please let me know what you think. I do take ideas and suggestions.

Just so everyone knows, this story starts in 2014 and this chapter is a few weeks into January. I just wanted to clear anything up for anyone who was lost or confused.

And I'm no doctor or anything, I got what type one diabetes was off google.