Hell Is Empty

Chapter 3

Loki
It had been a mere few days since the incident in my private wash quarters with the woman that copied Amora's face and as I stood looking into her world through the window that was once a mirror I found myself becoming curious. I had seen the woman come and go numerous times, sometimes she disappeared to the side of the room I couldn't see and other times she simply relaxed in the too small tub against the opposite wall - I had also seen a man in the room, occasionally they were in there together, he would speak to her while she bathed, for some reason it angered me that I could not hear their conversation. What had he said to her that was so hilarious? I told myself my confused feelings came from the woman - grey she called herself - looking like Amora. Amora had not mentioned the new addition to the wash room and I was cautious of mentioning it to her, she would not react well to a woman with her face, let alone discovering that woman had been in my chambers. I was about to push myself away from the window when the woman appeared with a small black tube in her hand, I watched her with curiosity as she reached up and began to draw on the glass in a deep red. I waited until she had finished and left the room before allowing myself to look at what she had written, I smirked as my eyes ran over the letters again and again and for a second I was impressed with her calligraphy skills considering she must have written backwards on her side. I debated my response as I re-read the blazing letters. In the end I opted for the most simple answer I could think of and underneath her question I wrote my answer - I stepped back and nodded at my handy work "can you see me?"her words read, my reply was simple yet it excited me. I left my words for her to find and exited my chambers, whistling on my way to the throne room to find my mother.
Grey
I sat on my bed and started at the mirror I had taken down from the bathroom and was now sitting on my dresser, the 'yes' I assumed Loki had left for me was burning a hole in my back every time I turned around, I needed to reply but I couldn't think of what to say. I opened my laptop and decided to use the only information I had to work out what was happening - I searched for Loki in Google and was only more confused by what appeared. "A Norse god?" I mumbled to myself reading on, my phone began to vibrate next to me and I immediately hit the ignore button - I had told Marcus I needed time and space, I didn't know if I was losing my mind and wasn't prepared to pull anyone down with me until I knew exactly what was going on, of course I had simply told him the classic 'it's not you it's me'. "Loki is pleasing and handsome in appearance according to the Eddas. He is renown for his cleverness" I continued before a deep chuckle startled me, my head shot up and panic rushed through me when I locked eyes with the alleged God himself stood at the end of my bed with an amused look on his face. "How did you get in here?" "It would seem that when you invaded my chambers and my mother sent you back a portal was created, all I had to do harness a way to make it more powerful - simple really. The question is how did you get to Asguard in the first place? Humans do not possess the technology or the magic needed for such journeys to be possible" he waved his hand lightly as if he'd just told me how to boil an egg "a portal? What do you mean? Don't get me wrong I've always believed that something else is out there but gods? Portals and magic? This is crazy. You're crazy and now I guess I am too" I laughed at the fact I was genuinely buying into the shit this guy was spinning "I will be honest, you're taking this better than any mortal I have ever had the displeasure of meeting" his smirk agitated me and I couldn't understand how anyone could consider a guy like him attractive. "Okay fine, I'll bite. Show me something amazing, show me something magical and I will believe you are who you say you are. I mean with people like that old soldier dude and the green guy walking around - why not gods!" I crossed my arms and raised a brow, knowing I had him now. "I have absolutely no idea whom you are referring to however I can assure you those men are nothing compared to me" his arrogance once again stone so brightly it nearly blinded me but my witty reply was cut short when another Loki stepped out from his skin, this carried on until my small bedroom was crammed wall to wall with Loki copies, all smirking in the same annoying way. "Okay, good but I wouldn't say particularly God like. I said show me something amazing, something I wouldn't believe if I didn't see it with my own eyes" I stood and squared my shoulders, he quickly pulled back into one man and as he took my hand I felt the world drop away, when I opened my eyes my breath caught in my throat. "What is this place?" I asked, gazing down the glowing rainbow bridge that lead towards what looked to be a solid marble city. "Well you're currently standing on the bifrost and you are looking at the beautiful Asgard, she is my home" I could tell he was smirking from the tone of his voice but I couldn't bring myself to scold him, my breath still hadn't return and I felt tears spring to my eyes. For the first time in as long as I could remember, I felt at peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think :)