Timing Is Everything

Drunk History

"Hello everyone! Welcome to our lovely wedding! We hope all of you are enjoying yourselves!"

“Enjoy the open bar!” Tyler exclaims while scratching Marshall’s head.

“Yeah, enjoy a nice old fashioned Dad! And relax with the ice wine Mom! Some of you may or may not know how we met or about our history. To make things easier, we’re gonna tell all of you with this video.” I pull various bottles from the side of the couch and place them in front of me on the coffee table. Tyler moves a two tall cups along with 2 shot glasses onto the table. “This, is our drunk history.”

Tyler pours out 2 shots of Jameson. Well they were shots to Tyler, to everyone else they were double shots. We clink our glasses and we knock them back. He pulls a face as I exhale, then proceeds to pour another shot for the both of us.

“Gotta start strong right?” He laughs to the camera. We toss back the second shot and set the glasses aside. Tyler starts pouring some vodka into glasses while I pour in the juice. “This is gonna be so much fun! Cheers!” We clink our glasses together and take a big sip.

After swallowing, Tyler groans and I start to cough a little. “Oh God, that burns. That is way more alcohol than we poured. What the hell?” I ask patting my chest a little. “What else did you put in there?”

“That’ll grow some hair on your chest.” He laughs. “Nothing else! I just grabbed whatever was in the freezer and fridge.”

“Did you get this juice from the freezer?” I ask inspecting the bottle.

“Yeah, why?”

“I’m pretty sure this is Chloe’s alcohol and juice concoction that she left here last week.” I unscrew the cap and sniff the opening of the bottle. “Oh yeah, that is definitely hers. I can feel the rum burning my sinuses. Dammit Chloe.”

Tyler just laughs as he opens up a different bottle of fruit juice and starts pouring some into our glasses. “Alright, let’s get this show on the road.” We drink some more, not wincing as much as the first sip.

“Chapter 1: 2011, The meeting. I was a freshman in college and Tyler just won the Stanley Cup. It was October and I was visiting my friends, Chloe and Olivia, in Boston because I had a long weekend. We were going out that night and that was when I met this pupp-”

“This amazingly sexy piece of Canadian ass.” Tyler interrupts while leaning towards the camera and smirking. I roll my eyes and take another big sip of my drink before smiling and shoving him gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this idea came to mind after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WaIv4WBYsc
I just love it so much.

I wanted to do something similar and I've been slightly obsessing over Tyler Seguin lately, no shame. I have a general idea of how I want this to go, I started writing it all down this past summer and figured why not post it here.

Hope you guys enjoy! Any and all feedback is appreciated!