Timing Is Everything

Self-centered Baby

I was out with Tyler, Mike Stud, and a few of their friends. I was the only girl in the group but I was deemed 'one of the guys.' As the rest of the group went to find girls to flirt with, I found myself sitting alone at the bar with a drink in hand.

“So Audi, tell me what’s really up with you and Ty?” Mike asked when he walked over to me, sipping on his drink.

I sighed, “I don’t know Studsy. Everything was fine until he became a pouting baby about me talking to a guy. I know I didn’t tell him and all but I didn’t think it’d be that big of a deal.” I looked around the bar that we were in. “And it’s not like he seems too affected by it right now.”

Mike looked over to where Tyler was, dancing with two girls. “He’s a bit of a self-centered baby at times, I’ll give him that but he does care about you Audi. You’re his best friend that isn’t a guy. He tells you a lot more than you think, things he wouldn’t tell me or any of his teammates. You’re his confidant whether you like it or not.”

“I guess. I’m sure he’s also stressed with the season as well. Look let’s just enjoy the rest of the night, yeah?”

Mike nodded and we made our way over to the rest of the group that we came with. The rest of the night was filled with dancing, drinking, and laughing. Smiles were plastered on everyone’s faces and no one was ready to leave when the bar was closing. Mike and I made our way outside looking for Tyler.

“Where did he go? I thought he was right behind us?” Mike asked before taking his phone out of his pocket to call Tyler.

As I looked around, my eyes landed on him. With his arm wrapped around a brunette in a short striped dress. I nudged Mike and pointed over to Tyler. His gaze followed my hand and then he tucked his phone away.

“Yo Ty, we gotta go man. The place is closing.”

“Yeah, yeah. Right behind you.”

“Who’s this?” Mike asked gesturing toward the girl on Tyler’s arm.

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s go, she’s coming back to my place.”

“I’m staying at your place tonight though, we’ve had this planned for a while now.” I said in a slight panic. “Sorry but I’m not about to crash on your couch as you get some in the next room.” I harshly whispered the last part so the other girl wouldn’t hear me. It’s not like she was paying any attention anyway but I didn’t want to take that chance.

“Well then you’ll have to find somewhere else to crash ‘cause she’s coming home with me.” He whispered something to the girl and she giggled back a response. “Why don’t you call up that Michael guy, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind you staying the night.”

Jaw clenched and eyes narrowed, I let out a deep sigh and turned around to flag a cab.

Soon enough Mike was next to me, “Look don’t listen to him, he’s drunk and horny.”

“I’m not staying at his place tonight. I’ll call up Chloe and Olivia and tell them I need to crash at their place.”

“I can drive you, I’ve had a good amount of time to sober up.” He put his hands on my shoulders. “I spent the last like two hours flirting up those two girls remember, I spent that time buying them drinks rather than drinking myself. I got you Audi, always alright?”

I nodded my head and followed Mike to the cab. The four of us, Mike, Tyler, the girl, and I, made our way back to Tyler’s apartment. Once we reached his room, I quickly grabbed my things and followed Mike down to his car. The ride to Chloe and Olivia’s dorm was quiet.

Just before I closed the car door, Mike stopped me. “Don’t hold this over him alright Audi?” The hopeful look he sent me softened my hardened expression. “He cares about you and will probably be kicking himself in the ass tomorrow. If he doesn’t, then I will.”

I looked him in the eye before sighing, “I won’t Studsy, get home safe yeah?” He nodded his head and sent a smile my way.

-----------------
“Wait! Mike called me a self centered baby?!" Tyler yells. He pouts and mumbles something under his breath when I nod my head. "Just wait everyone, I get worse.” Tyler states as he prepares to shot glasses. “We are definitely gonna need shots for this next part.”

“Ugh, this is my least favorite. Hurry up, I wanna take these shots and get them over with.”

He fills the glasses and we knock them back.

“Oh I’m gonna regret that later.” I say, looking for something to chase the shot with. All I could find was the last bit of my previous mixed drink. I downed that quickly before shaking my head a little. “Ugh, Part 5.”

“Part 5: The Trade aka The Fight aka Shit Went Down aka I’m a Shit Fuckboy.” Tyler tells the camera.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a baby filler for the holidays.