Timing Is Everything

Tortellini or Eggs

“So when I’m in Philly, you won’t be?”

“Ty, I’ve told you at least 5 times now, no I will not be in Philly the weekend that you will. I’ll be home for spring break seeing my family.”

“So remind me again when you’ll be free?” Tyler asked over the phone. “I want you to meet my new dog, Cash.”

“You really like bribing me with dogs.” I commented with a laugh. I adjust the phone is my hand as I left my class and made my way to the dining hall to meet some friends. “I’m not sure yet, I have to double check my schedule. And you better not expect me to take a train down to Dallas to see you, because quite frankly that’s not happening. I don’t have that money.”

“If I wanted you to visit me down in Dallas, I’d pay, duh. We may be coming up to the east coast soon so hopefully our schedules line up and we can hang out.”

Before I could respond, I heard my name being called. When I looked around, my eyes laid on a tall, familiar looking blond. I squinted my eyes to get a better look as he neared me. A smile filled his face when he caught up to me.

“Hey Audrey.” I smiled up at him as I searched my brain for his name. I knew it started with a K. Keith? Kenny?...Karl? Kyle! His name is Kyle! We met at a party like last week, he was the blond that has butt calves! Yes, butt calves, as in calves so defined that the muscles really show through and look like a butt. I need to remember to tell my friend, Izzy, about seeing him again...I also need to make sure I never call him Calves Kyle...

“Hey Kyle, how are you? Oh, wait one moment.” I held a finger up as I replied to Tyler’s incessant nagging. “Hey Ty, can I call you back? I gotta go, I’ll talk to you later.” I hung up on Tyler before he could ask me who I was talking to. “Sorry about that, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, I was just about to grab some lunch and I wanted to know if you wanted to join me.” He ran his hand through his blond hair and began to rub the back of his neck.

“Sure!” I smiled, tilting my head. “I hear they have a fancy tortellini bar today in the dining hall.”

“I’m sure their tortellini is good.” He laughed softly as we started walking. “I don’t wanna brag but I make some pretty awesome tortellini myself.”

“Oh really? Well I’m quite the food critic so you should definitely let me know the next time you make it.”

“How’s Friday night work for you?” He bumped his arm with mine.

“I think I can squeeze tortellini into my schedule.” I bumped his arm back.

“It’s a date then.”

--------------------

I hurry out of the shower to answer my ringing phone. Not bothering to look at who was calling me. “Izzy, when the hell are you getting here? I’m heading over to Kyle’s place at 7! I just got out of the shower and you said you’d be here to help me figure out and outfit!”

“Who’s Izzy? And who’s Kyle?” A male’s voice responded back to me.

“Tyler? Oh, sorry! I thought someone else was calling me. What’s up?”

“You still didn’t answer either of my questions.”

I rolled my eyes. “Izzy, or Isabella, is a friend of mine at Penn. I told you about her at some point but you two haven't met. She’s supposed to be at my place right about now.” I paused to put my phone on the counter and on speaker. I threw on my robe and grabbed a bottle of lotion.

“And Kyle?”

“He’s a guy-”

“Well no shit.”

“If you’re gonna to be rude, I’m gonna hang up.”

He sighed. “Sorry, sorry. Who’s Kyle?”

“He goes to Penn. We met a few weeks ago and we’re hanging out tonight.”

“Just hanging out?”

“No Ty, I’m actually gonna tie him to his bed and fuck him senseless.” I respond sarcastically. “We’re having dinner, he’s making.”

There was a pause on his end. “So what’ll he be cooking?”

“Tortellini. He grew up helping his mom and grandma make it every year for holidays.”

I heard some shuffling. “Sounds like it'll be good.” He cleared his throat. “Alright well, um have fun. I’ll talk to you later.”

----------------

I just got back to my place from hanging out with Jamie and Jordie. Marshall and Cash greeted me at the door and went back to lazily laying by the couch. As I contemplated what to do for dinner, I decided to call Aud and see what she was up to. Maybe she’s free to Skype tonight. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer as I raided my fridge.

“Izzy, where the hell are you? I’m heading over to Kyle’s place at 7! I just got out of the shower and you said you’d be here to help me figure out and outfit!” Audrey hurriedly said over the phone.

“Who’s Izzy? And who’s Kyle?” Who the hell is Kyle? I haven't heard about any Kyle.

“Tyler? Oh, sorry! I thought someone else was calling me. What’s up?” She replied caught off guard.

“You still didn’t answer either of my questions.”

I could feel her roll her eyes through the phone. “Izzy, or Isabella, is a friend of mine at Penn. I told you about her at some point but you two haven't met. She’s supposed to be at my place right about now.”

“And Kyle?”

“He’s a guy-”

“Well no shit.” Did I say that out loud? Fuck, I probably sound like a huge asshole.

“If you’re gonna to be rude, I’m gonna hang up.” Definitely sounded like an asshole.

I sighed. “Sorry, sorry. Who’s Kyle?”

“He goes to Penn. We met a few weeks ago and we’re hanging out tonight.”

I cringed a little. “Just hanging out?”

“No Ty, I’m actually gonna tie him to his bed and fuck him senseless.” She better be lying. “We’re having dinner, he’s making.”

“So what’ll he be cooking?”

“Tortellini. He grew up helping his mom and grandma make it every year for holidays.” Fuck, this guy can cook? And some fancy shit like tortellini? I can cook eggs.

I decided against making food for myself and closed the fridge. Looks like tonight will be take out. “Sounds like it'll be good.” I cleared my throat. “Alright well, um have fun. I’ll talk to you later.”

Relax Ty, they're just hanging out. If you wanna gain her trust back, you gotta let her do what she wants. I'm not the center of her life no matter how much I like to think I am. I mean, we’re friends, she can see who she wants.

I'm gonna need a drink or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long overdue. My apologies.