Timing Is Everything

Pittsburgh

“Why can’t we drink wine now?”

“Because you’ll get tired and then we’ll never finish this.”

“You just don’t want to drink wine.” Marshall lifted his head off my lap and nuzzled into my side. “Marshall would let me drink wine, wouldn’t you boy?”

Tyler rolls his eyes and pours me another glass of Kinky Vodka and Sprite and a Jack and Coke for himself. He secretly loves the fruity delicious flavor of Kinky Vodka but he doesn’t want to ‘destroy his manhood’ by drinking such a girly drink. He loves it and is just lying to himself. “Here, drink your vodka.” He places a straw in my glass and hands it to me.

I take it with both hands and hold it close as I drink from it. He chuckles at my childlike actions and takes a drink himself. I pause from drinking, “Can we drink wine at Part 8 then?” I widen my eyes, push out my bottom lip, and tilt my head. I may be a drunk fool right now, but he can never resist this face.

He eyes me as he takes another sip. “Fine, we can drink wine at Part 8.”

“Yay!” I launch my body on to him, well launch myself as best as I can without falling off the couch or spilling my drink. “Now we continue with Part 7! This little bit of Part 7, Tyler doesn’t like too much because my love interest at the time wasn’t him.”

“Let’s get this part over with shall we?” Ty interrupts, “Then after that we’ll get to the part where I’m tossed to the back burner, again, this time for Canada’s Golden Boy.”

“OH MY GOD, I LOVE CROSBY!”


---------------------

“So the only time I can see you is when you’re visiting your brother in Pittsburgh?”

“Oh hush Tyler, I barely get to see Jack. Now that I’m a little bit closer I want to make sure I see him.” Tyler was in Pittsburgh because Dallas was playing the Penguins tomorrow night. He just finished practice and wanted to see me before I went to grab dinner with my older brother.

“Alright, alright. How long are you visiting for?”

“I’ll be here until Monday afternoon, my Monday class got cancelled because my professor is away for a conference.”

“Four days is a decent amount of time. When am I gonna see you tomorrow? Before the game?”

“Yeah I’ll be free beforehand. I’ll be going with Jack and Camille to the game.”

“Will you be rooting for me? Wearing the jersey I got you?”

I laughed. “The Penguins are my team and Crosby is my man. I’m gonna represent them.”

He looked at me and then sighed. “You’re gonna wear a Crosby jersey aren’t you?”

“It’d be disrespectful not to. Besides, Jack got tickets near the Pens’ bench, so I’d be very out of place if I was wearing a Stars jersey.”

“Fine, fine. But I’ll find some way to win you over to the Stars’ side.”

“Yeah...I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It’ll take more than a jersey and your friendship to win me over to your team.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

H chuckled to himself. “Alright fine, you won’t wear my jersey but will you at least meet me after the game? The team might go out to grab a drink after, you should join us.”

“I’ll see. I’m gonna see what Jack and Camille have planned first before I go out with you guys.” I took a fry from off of his plate and ate it. “I’ll definitely meet you after the game though.”

He nodded his head and took a sip of his water. “Alright, I’ll take it.” He paused. “So, uh, how was your dinner date thing with um, Kyle was it?”

I slowly chewed whatever food was in my mouth and swallowed. “It went well.” Is he really asking me about my date with Kyle? Why would he care? He’s not gonna pull a hissy fit like he did with Michael is he? “When I got to his place, he already made the tortellini but he and I made a meal out of it with a few things he had in his apartment.” I picked up my cup to drink some soda. “We ate, we talked, we watched a movie on tv. That was pretty much it.”

“Was it...Did you at least have a good time?”

I softly laughed. “Yeah, I did have a good time. Food was delicious, conversation flowed well, everything went well.”

“But…”

“It seemed almost too perfect. He was a complete gentleman; he didn’t try to pull any moves on me when the movie came on, he didn’t try to convince to stay and hang out longer or to stay the night when it was getting late. He even walked me back to my apartment.” I leaned back into my chair. “I guess I’m just not used to being treated like that, you know? He was such a gentleman; it was weird but in a good way.”

Tyler shifted in his seat. “He sounds like a really great and genuine guy, Audrey. I’m happy for you.” He smiled but his smile didn’t quite reach his eyes.

---------------------

Well fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Life has been a shit show and I apologize for the late update.