Timing Is Everything

She's not yours.

“Just think, the last time you came to visit me was my freshman year. Now you’re visiting me during my senior year. It’s all coming full circle.” I joked as I picked up Tyler from airport. Hockey season didn’t officially start yet so Tyler was able to visit for a long weekend. “There’s tons of senior events going on this weekend that I’m sure you’ll enjoy!”

He laughed and shook his head, reaching his arm over to my iPhone to change the song that was playing. Soon enough Studsy’s voice filled the car and Tyler let out his mating call for Mike, ‘Uhyuu!’

“How is your secret lover Studsy?”

“He’s good. We’re planning on running away together and eloping soon.”

“I better be there as your witness, if not, we’re no longer friends.”

“You’d be the only witness.” He laughed. “So what do you have planned this weekend?”

“Well we’re grabbing lunch with my friends near campus, then back to my apartment to get you settled. My friend Wesley is having a barbecue to ring in the new school year so barbecue and drinks there tonight. Tomorrow, we got to get you some Penn State gear for the tailgate and game. Customary wings and drinks at Champs then to the apartment to regroup. After dinner, we’re going out, to where, I’m not exactly sure yet but I have a feeling that we’ll probably end up at Pickles. Sunday morning, brunch like the basic bitches that we are,” He laughed at that comment, “Then explore the town the rest of the day and relax before your early flight Monday morning. How’s that all sound?” We finally reached my apartment and parked.

“Sounds super busy but a lot of fun.” He stepped out of the car to stretch, “When am I meeting Kyle?” He asked as he pulled his first bag out of the trunk.

He’s cutting right to it. “You’ll meet him at Wesley’s party.”

“Why not at lunch?”

“He has an executive board meeting for a club that he runs.” He nodded his head as he waited for me to unlock my door. As soon as the door swung open, a small ball of fluff ran straight to Tyler’s legs.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Bad dog! Bad Mickey! Stop it!” A small, tattooed Asian blonde chased after the dog.

“Izzy, you’re probably the worst dog-sitter and you have a dog at home.” I laughed picking up the little Pomeranian and kissed the puppy’s nose. “Is she being mean to you Mickey?”

“I just suck at watching other people’s dog. Its not my fault that my Nelly is the best dog ever.” She plucked Mickey out of my hands and turned towards Tyler. “Hi! I’m Isabella, everyone calls me Izzy though. Nice to finally meet you!” She gave him a one-armed hug, doing her best not to crush Mickey. “And sorry about Mickey, she can get a little crazy around new people.” As soon as the words left her mouth, Mickey was squirming in her arms trying to reach Tyler’s face to lick him. He laughed and reached a hand to pet Mickey’s head. Mickey proceeded to attack Tyler’s hand with kisses.

“What time is Wesley’s tonight? He never gave me a specific time, he kinda just told me to be there or else we’re no longer friends.” I turned to look at Izzy.

She shrugged her shoulders. “That boy and his vague plans. My guess is around 7, maybe a little earlier if he plans on grilling food for everyone one. We’ll bug him about him after lunch, come on I’m hungry! I’ve only had oatmeal today and I’m starving.”

“You woke up like an hour ago didn’t you?”

“Shhhh, let’s go!” Izzy left for her room, ready to set up Mickey’s mini fortress so the tiny dog won’t ruin her room.

“Well, let’s put your stuff in my room for now and we’ll meet everyone for lunch.”

--------------------

“I wonder how Marshall would be if he was Mickey’s size.” Tyler commented as he pet Marshall’s head which was in his lap.

“Well we’d spend less money on dog food. And I don’t think he’d be as fun if he was a tiny dog. I like him as the big lug that he is. Also, I’d make fun of you for having a tiny dog.”

“Toews has a tiny dog.”

“That’s technically Lindsey’s dog.”

“Oh so now we’re talking technicalities?”

“Well it’s her dog, isn’t it? She got Betsey.” I look at him in the eye. “Are we really fighting over tiny dogs right now?”

“Well you started it.”

“You child.”


-------------------
“About time we found you Wes!” Audrey hugged the tall and lanky man by the arrangement of liquor. “It’s great to see you! How was your summer?” She pulled away from him. “Shit, sorry! This is my friend Tyler, he’s visiting this weekend.”

I was introduced to a handful of Aud’s friends, most of their names I don’t remember. Conversation was focused on everyone catching up on summer activities, followed by the occasional throwback college story from previous years. I left Aud and the little group she was hanging out with to grab myself another drink. On my way back to the group, I noticed Aud smiling up at some blond that had his arms wrapped around her. One of her hands wrapped around a drink, the other on his chest as she looked up and drank in whatever he was saying to her. The smile on her face was wide and genuine, you could see just how much affection and endearment she had for him in her smile.

This must be the boyfriend, Kyle. He doesn’t look like anything special. Average build, about my height, small mop of dirty blond hair; nothing special in my opinion. Something special to Aud though.

I took a swig of my drink before continuing over to the group. Izzy caught sight of me first and waved me over. She began to tell me this elaborate story about how she met and drank with some of the Baltimore Ravens when she was visiting her friend in Baltimore sophomore year. I nodded my head every once in awhile, not really paying attention. My gaze would find its way over to Aud and her boyfriend every so often.

That smile hasn’t left her face since he’s gotten here. Does she always act all lovey-dovey when he’s around? I took a gulp of my drink, finishing my cup before excusing myself and going to grab another. Is she gonna be like this all weekend? I hope not, I just want to hang out with Aud. I haven’t seen her in a while and I’m here for the whole weekend, I want to make the most of it with her. I don’t want to have to share my time with her this weekend with her boyfriend. What does she see in him, what’s so special about him anyway?

Stop Tyler. She’s not yours.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is extremely overdue and I'm hoping to get back into things.
Thank you all for your patience!