Timing Is Everything

Classic Sexy

"Part 2: January 2012, what I like to call 'Single Life Birthday Boy Tyler.'"

"Such a long name, but then again I refer to it as 'Tyler fucks up for the first time' every now and then." Tyler takes another drink. "I know my mom refers to it that way all the time." He jokes, rubbing Cash's belly as he rolled around on his back.


-----------------

I looked up from my watch and stared out of the train window. In half an hour I'd be in Boston. I couldn't wait to see Olivia and Chloe, even though we did spend pretty much all of Christmas break together.

I was also excited to see Tyler. Ever since my visit in October, we've been talking nonstop, whether it be texting, calling, or Skyping. We've gotten really close these last few months and I was nervous about how things would go this weekend. It didn't help that it was his birthday weekend.

I fell my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out to see a text from Tyler, asking when my train pulled in. He wanted to be there at the station when I arrived. I smiled to myself and told him I'd be there soon and that Chloe and Olivia were going to take me out to grab some dinner and that he was welcome to join us.

I looked out the window again to see the Boston skyline getting closer and closer. I thought back to when Tyler asked me to spend his birthday with him. It was the day after Christmas and we had scheduled a Skype date. After telling each other about how our Christmases went, a silence fell over us. It was awkward at first but it eventually grew to be more comfortable.

Breaking the silence, Tyler brought up his birthday and how he can't wait to celebrate with the team in Boston. He went on for some time and I admittedly zoned out for a bit. I was brought back to the conversation when he asked if I'd be able to come up to Boston and celebrate with him. Shocked, I hesitated to respond which caused Tyler to panic. My eyes widen as he rambled on and I had to yell his name to get him to stop talking. He paused mid-sentence and stared at me as I told him that I would come up and see him to celebrate his birthday. When the realization hit, he broke out into a smile.

As the train pulled into the station, I grabbed my backpack and duffel bag before texting Chloe, Olivia, and Tyler that I was there. I walked off the train and up the stairs to the main waiting area. I looked around for my friends but stopped my search when I noticed a familiar backwards cap near the corner. I saw Tyler signing some autographs while Olivia and Chloe looked for me in every direction, except the one I was in.

I was roughly 10 feet away when Tyler spotted me, a huge smile gracing his face. He headed straight for me with arms open wide. He met me halfway, wrapped his arms around me and held me tight, swaying from side to side. "It's great to see you Aud, I've missed you! I'm so happy you're here!"

My smile widen but before I could respond, 2 more bodies collided with us.

"Aud! It's been so long! I've missed your tan face so much!" Olivia dramatically exclaims with her arms wrapped around me and Tyler. “If Viv didn’t have that huge test and presentation Monday and was here, I’d start singing ‘Reunited and it feels so good!’”

"This is nice." Chloe adds, laying her head on my shoulder as the four of us stood in our hug-huddle in the middle of the station.

"It's great to see you guys too!" I laughed, trying not to blush as my face was pressed against Tyler's chest.

"As amazing as this hug is, I think it's time for food." Tyler stated as his stomach gurgled and whined about being empty.

-----------------

Dinner was filled with laughs and went by rather quickly. I found myself sitting on Chloe's bed as Olivia went through her closet to find a dress for me to wear going out tonight. Tyler's birthday was technically a few days ago but he was celebrating tonight since it was a Friday and I was visiting.

"What are you trying to say with your outfit tonight?" Olivia asked as she inspected her clothes. "Like are you going for a 'sex kitten' feel? Or like a 'sexy classic' vibe? Oh! What about a 'birthday sex' kind of feel?!"

"Olivia!"

"What? You are celebrating his birthday tonight, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind that gift."

"Oh shut up Olivia, it's not like that. We're not even dating."

"But you wanna be?" Chloe asked taking a seat next to me.

"I don't know. I do like him, a lot. But we've only known each other for a few months and this entire thing has been a distance friendship. I don't even know if he's thinking about being in a relationship. He's an NHL star, he's probably busy with all things hockey to even consider a relationship."

"But do you want one?"

I paused as I looked at Chloe. "I don't know what I want. I've only been in one other relationship before, if you really consider that a relationship. I really like him but I'm not gonna force him into anything."

The silence that filled the room was broken by Olivia. "So I'm gonna say you want 'classic sexy.'"
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is a tiny update, sorry!