Status: one shot

Explosions

You wasted all that sweetness to run and hide

She stood in the middle of the dance floor just moving to the beat of the music, with her blue eyes held shut acting like she was the only person in the room if you didn’t know any better you would think she was the only person in the room. She was the type of person that didn’t care if anyone saw her dancing, weather it was in her living room dancing to in just her underwear and shirt, or if she was the first person to start dancing in a club with a stranger or one of her girl friends.

As the song came to an end she looked across the room at the guy who had been staring at her like she was the only girl in the room. A flirty smile formed on her lips as she slowly walked across the crowded room with her high heels clicking against the tile floor. His eyes locked on hers as she got closer to him.

She didn’t even have to say anything to him she just reached out for his large hand and led him through the crowded room back to the spot on the floor where she was dancing. He was never much of a dancer, but he was also really never able to say no to her. His inability to say no is how they ended up at club with a bunch of his teammates.

They stopped in the middle of the dance floor and she leaned up acting as if she was going to kiss him and with her lips a mere inch from his said, “just dance with me.” He stood there completely still at first before she reached behind him and grabbed his large hands and rested them on her hips. “Feel the music,” she leaned back and said with her lips by his chin.

“Should we really be dancing together since we’re broke up,” he leaned down and whispered in her ear.

Jonathan and Imogen had broken up six month ago after being in a relationship for three years. They broke because of him traveling all the time, and because she got an opportunity to do a semester of school in London. They said when they broke that they really wanted to try to be when she came back from London. She was completely fine with them just being friends, she still loved and knew she would never stop, but she wanted a chance to be young and single before getting married. Jonathan on the other hand didn’t want to break up to begin with, and felt really weird with them just being friends. He knew when she was in London that she had gone out with other guys, while he hadn’t seen another girl since him.

“Friends are allowed to dance together,” she leaned back with her lips still by his chin as she grinded her hips against his.

He wanted to protest but he was enjoying being close to her again, since them breaking up he craved her touch and this was as close to it as they had gotten. He slowly moved his body against hers as his hands gripped her hips holding her close to him.

They stayed dancing in the same position for a few songs before she turned around and wrapped her arms his neck, and stared into his dark eyes as she rolled her body against his. She closed her eyes and slowly rolled her head back and let out a moan, causing Jonathan to let out a groan. Everything his body was telling him to grab her face and kiss, but his brain was telling him they needed to try to stay friends.

“Jonny do you want get out of here?” she asked with her voice sounding raspy and lust filled.

His eyes locked on to hers and he wondered if they should just leave and most likely have sex at one of their apartments. If they were going to sleep together they needed to have a serious conversation about everything that had happened in the last few months.

“We need to talk,” he leaned down and whispered into her ear.

She knew exactly wanted to talk about so she said, “let’s go.”

Reaching down she grabbed his hand and led him through the dance floor. They walked towards Jonathan’s teammates so he could say go by to them. He could tell by the way his teammates were looking at him they thought him and Imogen were going off to have sex. They had no clue the conversation they were about to have. They didn’t say anything as they made their way towards Jonathan’s car.

“Your place or mine?” she asked as she got into the passenger seat.

She expected him to start the car and start driving, but instead he put the keys and dashboard and looked over at her.

“What happened in London?” he asked hoping she would tell him about everything that had happened the three months she was away. He had wondered multiple time what had happened in London, but they had never actually talked about. He had no clue if she slept with anyone and he really needed to know before they did anything.

She ran her fingers through her messy dark, and looked out the window in front of her, “I didn’t sleep with anyone if that’s what you want to know?”

He stared at her hoping she would finally look at him, “did you do anything with anyone?”

“If you’re wanting to know if did anything sexual with anyone, the answer is no. I went a few dates here and there. The most I did was kiss two guys,” she said glancing over at him. Just by glancing at him she could tell that he was jealous at just the fact she had kissed to guys. “I thought I wanted to go over there and just be single and sleep around, but all I did was miss you,” she admitted for the first time since coming home.

“Why didn’t you just ask me to get back together when you came home?”

She blankly out the window in front, “because I realized I made a mistake ending things, and I honestly didn’t think you would take me back. I couldn’t of dealt would rejecting me. I loved you so much it would of crushed me if you turned me down.”

He couldn’t believe what she was saying, he had hoped the whole time she was gone that she would call him begging him to take her, hell he almost called her a multiple times begging her to take him back. He assumed when she broke up with him that they were never getting back together. The only reason they were trying to be friends were because she told him they should be friends.

“I was the last thing on your mind while you were gone,” he said still slightly bitter over her breaking up with him.

“That’s not true I thought about you every single day I was gone,” she said staring at him for a long moment.

He was now the one looking out the window. “If you did you wouldn’t of feared rejection and just would of came home to me when you got back, instead of buying your own apartment. Imogen I know how you work, you didn’t want me back until you saw I was fine without you,” he seethed remembering the heartbreak he felt when he found out she got her own apartment when she came home.

“Jonny I’ve wanted you back from the moment I got on that plane,” she looked back out the window wondering if she should just get out of the car and get a cab home.

“Do you even realize how much you hurt me?” he asked looking back at her.

“Obviously I do, I regret hurting you. Hell I regret a lot of things,” she said as he grabbed the keys off the dashboard.

“I still love you,” he said as he stated the car.

He started driving towards his apartment and Imogen was trying to take everything that was just said. “Why did you agree to try to be friends with me?” she asked.

“Because I guess deep down inside I thought if I couldn’t have you maybe I could at least be friends with you, and you could be in my life as my friend.”

They arrived at Jonathan’s house and they both quietly made their way up to the front door. They didn’t say anything for a moment as they made their way up to the front door. They stepped inside and walked into the living room where Imogen walked over and sat down on the large couch in the middle of the room. Jonathan sat down next to her wondering what was going to happen next.

“If we get back together are you randomly going to want to move away and break up with me?” he asked remembering how badly it hurt when she hit him with news she was moving away to London for three months.

“Jonny I don’t want to go anywhere again. I realized in our time apart I don’t want to be with anyone else. I realized I don’t have the spark with anyone else like I do with you,” he said reaching over grabbing his large hand.

Jonathan couldn’t believe what she was saying to him, “you know I still love, and I’ll always love you. Imogen I’ve won the Stanley Cup three times, but I would give up everything to be with you. I’ve never loved anyone like I love,” he said confessing how much she truly means to him.

Tears started to slide down her pale cheek at the mention of him still loving her. She thought she had lost him forever when she broke up with him. “I won’t ever break up with you again. I’m in it for the long hall this time.”

He closed the distance between them and quickly pressed his lips to hers for a heated kiss. Normally he hated kissing her when she wore bright lipstick, but this time he didn’t care. In that moment all he cared about was kissing like his life depended on it. She moved her arms around his neck and pulled him as close as possible to her. He slowly shifted them so she was laying on the couch and he was hovering over the top of her with him lips still connected to hers. She moved her arms to bottom of his shirt signaling for him to take his shirt off.

“Are we getting back together?” she asked.

“Obliviously,” he said before pressing his lips to hers again.

Moving his lips away from hers he smiled at her as sat back on his hunches and pulled his shirt off. She sat up and worked on pulling her tight dress off. Once they had both rid of their clothes they sat there staring at each other for a long moment before pressing their lips together again. As he hovered over her he moved his lips slowly down her neck causing her to let out a moan. He knew how much she got turned on when he kissed her neck.

“Fuck I’ve missed this,” she said with a moan.

He moved his lips against her neck and said, “I’ve missed you skin.”

His lips brushing against her skin caused chills to go down her spine. She couldn’t believe that she had gone six months not feeling his lips against her skin.

It wasn’t long before they got rid of the rest of their clothes and were connected in the most inmate way possible. They laid on Jonathan’s couch naked and wrapped in each other’s arms. Imogen thought she could lay naked on that large couch tangled in his arm forever and not get up.

“I could live in this moment,” she said with her head rested on his chest.

“Same here,” he said before pressing his lips to the top of her head.

“I love you Jonny,” she said glancing up at him.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah this is a one shot. Man I've done a ton of writing today if you happen to read any of my other stuff.

I've been wanting to write a one shot for awhile, and this kind of just came to mind as I listening to Explosions by Ellie Goulding and that inspired this. I hope you guys like this.