Yours, Mine, and Ours.

Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning with a massive hangover from hell.

I found myself laying on the couch in what looked like my hotel room. Though, considering it was a hotel room, I wasn't completely sure that it was my hotel room. Groaning, I looked around as I sat up on the couch.

I honestly was at a loss for if it was actually my hotel room or not. The only real way I would be able to tell is if my bags are in the other room- so I guess I would just have to check on that. I need to change into some clean clothes anyway, so that would be perfect. If this just so happens to turn out that I am in my room I can go ahead and get dressed for the day.

It just so happened, that when I stood up from the couch, I could hear someone speaking in the other room. The voice was so familiar, I just couldn't make out who it was right away.

"No, I swear none of us are keeping her from you. It's your own fault she's angry. It was Theo. I couldn't stop myself from listening to more of the one sided conversation. "She's angry because you were supposed to go on a date with her, and you ditched her for some other chick! She caught you man, we all saw you." Theo said angrily in hushed tones. I took a shot in the dark and guessed that he was talking to Jai...about me.

So, I was quick to make my presence known by knocking lightly on the door. Once he saw me standing there, he ended the phone call before standing up and taking a small step towards where I was standing- still hidden by the door.

"You're awake," He smiled at me, "How are you feeling?" I wasn't sure if he was talking about the hangover or what had happened with Jai. "I'm fine." I lied. My head was absolutely killing me, and my stomach was rolling. I definitely didn't want to go to work today- or at least didn't want to work out with everyone today. Good thing I didn't have to.

"I'm just gonna go over to my room and get ready for work. I'll see you later, alright?" I didn't really give him time to say anything to me in return before I left.

I realized that Theo's room just so happened to be one floor below my own, so I made my way to the elevator and went up one floor. I kept my eyes cast down to the floor as I made my way to the door that I had memorized as mine for the time being.

I struggled a bit getting the key card out of my pocket, and as soon as I looked up a little ways down the hall, I saw a door open and Jai stepped out into the hall. It only made me look faster- especially when I could feel his eyes on me. So I rushed to get inside of the room, almost dropping the key card in the process.

Once I was inside of the room, I locked the door behind me before taking a deep breath and walking into the bedroom.

I grabbed an outfit from my things that was made up a pair or ripped up skinny jeans, a black short sleeved shirt, and a black cardigan with a geometric design on it, along with a pair of boots. Once I had put the clean clothes on, I made my way into the bathroom to continue getting ready.

I took my contacts out, only to replace them with a pair of black rimmed glasses. Then, I reached back and ran my fingers through my hair to get the tangles out, before pulling my hair back up into a high pony tail. Once that was done, I reached into my little personal bag and grabbed some Advil to take for my head.

Finally, once I was ready I made sure I had everything I needed before leaving the hotel room. Which just so happened to include a pair of headphones. Why? So I could ignore the sounds of the city around me as I walked to the warehouse; and just incase Jai just so happened to be out in the hallway again.

Thankfully, he wasn't. I wasn't ready to face that just yet.

So I made my way to work, listening to my music on the way. I felt more at ease being able to walk to where I needed to be instead of having to catch a cab. Plus it saves me a little bit of money. I didn't even bother stopping to coffee today, I would just get something to drink at work.

By time I arrived, it was fairly obvious that everyone had gotten there before me; I guess that's the downside of walking to work.

My dad was the first to approach me, with a look on his face that I couldn't exactly make out. "Are you alright, sweet heart?" He asked, looking over what I was wearing. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I questioned. "You just look, well, exhausted to put it nicely." He shrugged his shoulders. "Wow, thanks dad." I grumbled. Did I really look that bad? I thought I looked kind of nice whenever I was leaving the hotel room.

I didn't really pay attention to what all he had to say, as he walked with me over towards the refreshment table. I know, I know it sounds kind of rude- me ignoring everything my father had to say in this moment but I already knew what he was saying.

How? Well, simply because he's said the same thing to me every morning of boot camp since the very first day. So pretty much, after hearing it every day for almost two weeks, I have it pretty down pat. So of course I wasn't paying attention now. Instead, I focused on grabbing a bottle of water and taking the Advil for my head. Just in order to make it through the day- of course pain killers are needed.

Once my father had walked away, the first people to approach me where Shailene, Zoe, and Miles.

"Wow, I'm actually kind of surprised to see you up and moving this early." Miles laughed, looking down at me. "Eh, there's nothing a little Advil can't fix." I shrugged my shoulders. Shailene looked at me with a bit of worry written on her face. "Nia, what all do you really remember from last night?" She questioned.

Hm, that was a pretty tough question. Judging by how bad my head was hurting this morning, I was very obviously drunk off my ass last night. So remembering what really happened was a bit of a challenge. "I think the last thing I remember is dancing around to Ca Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand." I shrugged my shoulders. I could see the smile on Zoe's face as she laughed at the memory. It had been a pretty fun night to say the least.

"I'm surprised you can even remember that. You were pretty far gone at that point." Shailene pointed out to me. It was one of those "thank you captain obvious" moments.

It wasn't too long after that, that the day started. Obviously, due to my hangover and the way that I was dressed, I wasn't going to be participating along with the others. Instead, I would simply be telling them what to do.

I could feel Jai's eyes on me the entire time as they worked. I didn't give him a chance to get away from their work out until lunch. That was the first breather I gave any of them all morning. Not that I was trying to take this out on everyone else, I just didn't want to confront the situation at hand. This was the only way I could think of doing that.

Although, as soon as I let them stop, I was trapped by the one person I didn't want to talk to. Jai Courtney.

"Nia, I need to talk to you." He spoke quickly, his fingers wrapping around my arm. I was quick to snatch my arm away from him, "There's nothing to talk about, Jai." I grumbled. There was a rather confused look on his face.

"Yes, Nia, there is. I don't understand why the hell you're mad at me." He snapped. I could tell he was getting agitated with the situation at hand- he's not the only one though. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the sound of his words. "You don't understand why I'm mad at you? You honestly can't stand there and look me in the eye and tell me that's the truth. I know that Theo already told you why the hell I'm angry. I caught you, Jai, you ditched me for some other girl!" I snapped at him.

It seemed to be only then that he understood what the hell I was talking about, and his eyes fell to look at the floor. While a slightly sad look of realization washed over his face. "Selenia, you didn't catch me with any other girl. The person you saw yesterday was my sister, Emilia, she came to surprise me because I haven't seen her in almost a year." He said with a sigh.

"You really can't believe that I would ever do something so fucked up to you such as that." He sounded pitiful. I just didn't know if I could believe it or not. "How do I know you're not lying to me?" I questioned.

"I would never lie to you, Selenia. Look, Emilia is coming by the hotel later. Why don't I have her come to your room so you can hear it all from her for yourself?" He suggested. I guess I could give it a shot, right? There's no harm in that. Right?

"Fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get some lunch." I sighed, turning to walk away. "And take some more damn Advil." I mumbled under my breath. At this point, I couldn't tell how I was supposed to be feeling. Should I be happy and hopeful about the fact that he says it was his sister? Or should I still be too angry to even give him a chance?

I guess I'll find out the answers to my questions later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Selenia

Tell me what you think? Idunno I'm pretty, idunno, about this chapter. I'm not sure how to feel really