‹ Prequel: It's a Date
Status: Fin.

Fall in Her Eyes

...And So I Did

Central Park was decorated by nature's warm autumn colors. The season blanketing everything in the leaves that fluttered from the branches of the trees, their hues varying from the warmest gold to the deepest maroon.

I stood there anxiously in the middle of the pathway, awaiting her arrival while I tried to take my mind off of my nerves. We hadn't seen each other in a while, and it was like I was meeting her for the very first time again. My body and mind were restless as I shoved my hands into my pant pockets and sighed nervously.

My feet lost their patience as I began to pace around, and when I turned back around, she was slowly making her way over to me.

Her usual curly brown tresses were styled in loose waves that gently drifted in the breeze that swept through the area, and her body was bundled up in a jacket and scarf to protect her from the chilly weather of New York as the seasons began to cool. Bits of her exposed cheeks and nose that her scarf didn't cover were tinted a light pink from the weather that nipped at them, and her eyes were their usual dark, chocolate brown that seemed to warm me up from the inside out.

As we met each other halfway, her scarf lifted up and her eyes crinkled a bit at the corners, and I knew she was grinning that smile of hers beneath the fabric she wore. “Steve,” her voice greeted softly, and I could swear that her brown eyes lit up into a light amber hue.

I hadn't realized it till then, but I no longer felt so burdened by my restless emotions as I began to finger the diamond ring within my pant pocket. I was calm and collected, and her eyes and nature were the reason why.

It was now that I could see it.

She was the epitome of the season.

The cool colors of autumn brought out all of her beauty, all of her potential.

And her eyes...

Anyone could fall in her eyes...

...and so I did.

I got down on one knee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wasn't really expecting to write this, but I hope you enjoyed it!

For my Monster Goodie Bag. (And Emi, of course.)

Image