Status: Work in progress. Currently on hiatus.

Want You Bad.

Chapter Two.

I walked into the house first and she quietly entered behind me, still holding her vest against her chest like a blanket. I shut and locked the door. “It shouldn’t be too long,” I said almost apologetically as we walked deeper into the house. I went to the back door and whistled, “Chica, come on girl, outside!” I waited while I heard the Golden Retriever scampering through the house to get to my location. She slid into the room, tongue lolling out of her mouth cartoonishly. She ran a circle around the stranger’s feet before jumping up on her, stretching to lick her face; she supplied a small smile. “That’s Chica. She’s a big lover. Come on, Chica, leave her alone.” She jumped down and galloped toward the door, forcing her way between my legs and almost making me lose my balance; I shut the door behind her. “Have a seat,” I said, gesturing to the couches.

She looked at the couch for a moment before sitting, laying her vest across the arm. “Thank you. You didn’t have to do what you did…” She looked hurt and ashamed for a moment before gently shaking her head and looking at me, tears coming to her eyes again. “I’m sorry.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen, grabbing two glasses and filling them with ice and water. I walked back out, placed a glass on the coffee table in front of her, and then lowered myself onto the other couch. “Why are you sorry?” She had nothing to apologize for. If anything, I should’ve been the one apologizing. I had over stepped my boundaries as an innocent bystander and a stranger, though I felt no regret. I took a sip from the glass.

She stared at the glass for a second before laying the vest down and picking up the beverage. She took a slow sip and sighed in what sounded like relief. She sat back again, the glass clutched in both her hands. “I’m usually better at keeping myself composed... And I really didn’t mean to be a burden.” She looked at me remorsefully.

I waved it off and shook my head, “You aren’t a burden. Don’t even worry about it. I couldn’t just leave you there like that.” I offered a small smile. She almost returned it, some of the sadness leaving her eyes. It was quiet for a few minutes, the only sounds coming from the clock hanging on the wall and the occasional clinking of ice against glass when one of us would drink from our cups.

You have a beautiful house,” she broke the silence. She was staring out the windows to the backyard. “Do you mind?” She glanced at me then pointed toward the back of the house.

Huh? Oh, no, go right ahead.” I stood up and followed her over to the windows. I opened the door for her and gestured, “Ladies first.” I smiled at her.

Thanks,” she said with a half smile as she stepped through the door. “God, I wish I lived here... Is it just you?” She giggled as Chica played with a squeaky football in the grass.

No, I have a couple roommates, Ryan and Matt. I’m kinda surprised they aren’t here right now actually… Probably out filming a skit or something.” I shrugged.

I watched her as she drew in the condensation on the glass, a smirk playing at the corner of her mouth. “Just blond boys doing what blond boys do?” She glanced at me from the corner of her eye.

I blinked and stared at her. “Wha- How did you know?

Her green eyes rolled dramatically and she looked at me, the smirk still on her face. “I’ve known who you were since the first time I saw you at Best Buy when you convinced me not to buy the monitor I was looking at but the other one because it doesn’t completely fry after a couple months of hardcore gaming, which would conveniently be right after the warranty ended.” My obviously shocked expression made her laugh. “Yes, I know who you are, mister Iplier. I have been a subscriber to you since before you hit one million. But I also know that you are literally just a guy who likes to play video games and that really isn’t that special.

Huh… And here I thought I had met someone in LA that didn’t know who I was.” I raised a brow at her with a half smile. I hadn’t expected this girl in leather that I often spotted on the back of a big black chopper to be a fan of mine. In fact, that first comment about the computer monitor had only been an off-hand one; I hadn’t even thought before the words were coming out of my mouth. “And what do you mean that isn’t really that special? I’ll have you know I have several million fans and I am famous!” I puffed my chest and crossed my arms in faux offence.

She chuckled softly and shook her head, taking another small sip from the glass. “It’s good to see you’re the same person offline as you are on camera.” She sighed and lowered herself into one of the chairs on the porch, staring at the pool. “I’m such a mess,” she said in what sounded like bitter amusement.

I sat in the chair by hers, setting my glass on the concrete. “You can go wash up if you want to. I do have a bathroom.” She looked at me and I laughed. She drank the last bit of water from her glass and stood up, heading toward the door. “Down the hall, first door on your right.” I heard the door open and I quickly turned to look at her, “Hey, I never caught your name.

She half smiled as she looked over her shoulder at me. “Most people call me Quinn, but you can call me Jaime.” She stared at me for a few seconds before she smiled again and ducked into the house, gently closing the door behind her.

I watched her until she was out of view; the way her jeans hugged her lower half so closely made me glad to watch her walk away. Her long legs, the sway of her hips… I licked my lips and turned to face forward again, closing my eyes. Jaime.

Sitting on the couch, my foot stroking Chica as she laid at my feet as I talked on the phone, I heard the bathroom door open. A few seconds past and she came into view, sitting on the couch by her vest. Her face was fresh and clean, no longer flush or stained with tears and streaked eyeliner. She had redone her braid, though a few hairs still hung in her face. She looked at me for a moment before focusing on her nails.

Yeah... No, that was what I was thinking too… Hey, I’ll call you back later… No, I just have some company over right now… Yeah… Mm, yup… Okay, I’ll talk to you later. Bye.” I hung up the phone and looked at her for a second. “Well, you look a million times better, Jaime.

She smiled at bit when I said her name, then she dropped her hands in her lap and looked at me. “I need to find Joker…. I mean, I probably know where he is but I need to go to him.” She seemed unhappy with her choice of words, her brow furrowing. “I need to talk to him.

I was frozen for a second, thoughts going through my head. “Are you sure?” She nodded with finality and I sighed, rising to my feet. I really didn’t want to take her back after what I had seen him do but I couldn’t exactly hold her hostage. “Okay, let’s go.” I grabbed my keys and pulled on a jacket and a beanie.