This Wasn't Supposed to Happen

Hogwarts

Chapter 1

I was awoken by the sound of my phone singing and vibrating, groaning I hit the snooze button and snuggle back into my bed getting comfortable and warm again. For what seems like only 5 minutes I sleep again but only for my beauty sleep to be yet again interrupted by someone shaking me. I rub my eyes tiredly and slowly open them to find out who dared to interrupt me whilst I was sleeping. Standing in front of me with a grin plastered on her face was my older sister Claire. Claire was a year older than me and we couldn't be any closer to each other. We have had a very hard childhood so far and can only hope for the future to be better and brighter.

You see Claire and me haven't grew up with our parents. At the age of 1&2 are lives went down hill. No kid at that age should go through so much shit as what we did. See there's one reason why me and my sister have no parents and that reason is Voldemort. Yep, The Lord Voldemort. The absolute prick! See when my mums sister went into hiding with her husband and child my mum wanted to do the same as she thought she was also a target. However things never went to plan that night. My mum went ahead of my dad, sister and me to the hide out and whilst this was happening, Lord Voldemort had killed my auntie and uncle so my dad panicked. Himself and my uncle had always been best friends and when he got killed, my dad lost the plot. He left me and Claire in the hands of Dumbledore. My dad got arrested that night and taken to Azkaban prison where he has been ever since. And well as for my mum no one really knows what actually happened, but apparently she got word that her sister, brother-in-law, nephew and children got murdered and that my dad was the murderer, she's never been seen since. It's sad that my mum doesn't know that we didn't actually die and it scares me that she most likely mourned me and my sister even though we survived but I guess it's for the best. Things all happen for a reason, even if you don't know what that reason is.

Claire looks at me and somehow manages to smile bigger at me,groaning I put my head under my pillow. Because of this I cannot hear anything she is saying. She then rips my pillow away from me and frowns.

“Melony-Mai Black how dare you” grinning she starts walking to the door. “If I was you I'd get out of bed Mel don't want to miss the train now do we?”

I look at her confused, “What train, what are you talking about” I say with a frown lying on my face. Then the realisation hit me.

Hogwarts today it was my first day! I jumped put of bed and ran to the bathroom to shower. Getting out I dried my blond hair with blue ends, I love dying my hair different colours and can't wait for the next dying session! Once my hair has been braided and I get dressed. When I get to the kitchen I find that Claire has made me a full English breakfast! I by far have the best sister in the world, not going to lie! Once we finish our food we get all our stuff and call a taxi. Even though we're half-blood we prefer to live in the muggle world as we think it's for the best, for our safety. It took about half an hour to get to the train station which too was a muggle station, we needed to get to our platform, 9 and ¾. See because of all the magic and everything it is possible for this platform to exist, all you do is run into the wall between platforms 9&10, it may sound strange but i's pretty simple just make sure that no muggle sees you. Once me and Claire are through the wall we are greeted with noise; screams, shouts and laughter filling the whole platform. On the track was a massive train, the Hogwarts express, full of carriages, in them were children upon children. The train seemed never ending. I looked up at Claire with a big smile on my face. This was the beginning of a new start. My bright future and I was looking forward to what it held.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melony's outfit ~ polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=149111270

Hi, this is my first story and is based on Harry Potter however I may change a few things, so not everything will be completely the same as what happens in the book and/or films. My friends and I have made a 'life' of this and all have made our own characters and stories, my best friend Caitlin has also wrote a story from her point of view from the things that have happened in this 'life' so if you want to go and read that then that would be fab, some things will be similar but it's her characters view and 'love story'. I will add details in another chapter when it's uploaded. Some characters are made up but most aren't. This is only the first chapter and I will be uploading whenever I have the chance. Thanks -Mel.