This Wasn't Supposed to Happen

The journey

Chapter 2

Claire and me didn't know much about our parents, all we know is that they were both in Hogwarts school. We don't know what house they were in or if they were good or naughty students as no one has ever dared speaking about out parents and especially not our dad. Claire is in Slytherin house, I also want to be there but I'm not bothered if I'm being honest. Boarding the train we got into what seemed like the last empty carriage and took seats opposite each other. Suddenly an unfamiliar girl was standing in our doorway,

“Is it ok if I sit here? Everywhere else is full” She asked, looking at me and my outfit then to Claire and taking her outfit in “Of course you can, you like ‘fall out Boy’, we’re going to make great friends I can tell” I replied a little too excited. She looked down at her outfit and smiled.

“Yeah we love fall out boy, I’m Claire and this is my sister Melony, but she doesn’t like that name so call her Mel” Introduced Claire on which I gave her an evil stare for even mentioning my full name.

“Hi, I’m Charlotte” Charlotte said, the excitement in her voice evident, Making friends was always a good thing I guess and this Charlotte person seemed like the type of girl I would get along with.

Charlotte excused herself for a moment from the us to go to say a final goodbye to her crying parents through the window, this hit a spot in my heart because me and Claire didn't have that and I wondered if it was hard letting them go as you move on and grow up without them. The train ride to Hogwarts was amazing, the whole way Claire and me got to know Charlotte a lot more, Charlotte is the same age as me she likes animals, she’s sarcastic, she loves her hair different, being crazy and wacky colours just like me, all of the same bands as me which are all muggle bands as I'm closer to the muggle world than I am to the witching world. I've actually been to many concerts and met many members of bands. I even introduced Charlotte to some new ones on my laptop, but not before explaining what a laptop was. I also told her how I like to read muggle books and even convinced her to read one of my favourite book, 'Girl Online’ by ‘Zoe Sugg’, sometime in the year, I then explained to her that Zoe is a ‘YouTuber’, a person who creates videos on a website called YouTube using the internet, I showed her Zoe's channel on the laptop and Charlotte thought her makeup tips were amazing! I also found out how Charlotte hated snotty people, like me, she doesn't like to be wrong, also like me, and she doesn’t like people who pick on younger people for no reason, yet again, you guessed it like me.

Claire explained how she doesn’t like people who are mean to each other, she sticks to what she knows and doesn't really like to explore new things, but if someone threatens her family or friends she has no boundaries on what she will do, and she never gets in trouble for it either, she then told the story of how last year she hexed a student for calling our mum a whore because she got pregnant with Claire whilst she was still at Hogwarts however she didn’t have Claire until she had left and it was a planned pregnancy as her and my dad had planned to have Claire and wanted to start their family as soon as possible they were also engaged to one and another so I don't see why people have a problem with it, I guess it's because of Sirius Black being our father and the bad reputation he had. After Claire had beat up this student he then went to tell Professor Dumbledore about what had happened however Dumbledore simply replied with ‘Nonsense Claire Black is one of the nicest students in this school, how on earth could she possibly be capable of something like that!” Charlotte also found out about our family a bit too like our mother being called Eve Black, our father Sirius Black, our mother’s sister is Lily Potter leaving the famous Harry Potter as our cousin, however he didn't know this and we weren't allowed to tell him, our godfathers being the famous professor Snape and another guy called Remus Lupin.

The rest of the train ride Claire filled us in on what teachers are best not to get on the wrong side of, what teachers are best to get close to if you want to have an easy life in Hogwarts, what students to steer clear of and stuff like that. Charlotte mentioned the backpack Claire had with her and she explained that two of our friends, the Weasley twins, loved to prank people and that she helps them out sometimes and that she buys the stuff before school starts because we are a lot better off than the Weasley’s are. While we were in the middle of planning a prank on professor Quirrell, the defence against the dark arts teacher who’s afraid of his own shadow and everything else in the world, when a young brown haired girl with wild bushy hair who had already changed into her Hogwarts robes appeared in the doorway of the compartment

“Has anybody seen a toad? A boy called Neville’s lost one” She spoke in a posh voice.

“No, sorry try the next compartment” Claire said in a politely. After the girl had disappeared Claire suggested we changed into our robes ourselves, Claire returned in her Slytherin robes and I returned in normal Hogwarts robes and Charlotte set off to change into hers going to the toilets to do so. Claire looks at me and smiles “

“I think you and Charlotte are going to be best friends you know, just got this feeling. You're so alike its actually scaring me” Claire spoke to me with the smile still playing on her lips.

“Same, I think it's scaring me too” I reply.

Just as I was thinking that Charlotte has been a while she returns but with a shocked expression on her face. Me and Claire look at each other and then back to Charlotte.

“Are you ok? You look terrified…” I ask.

“I think I just signed my death warrant” she replies bluntly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Claire's outfit ~ polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=156851306
Charlotte's outfit ~ polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=153617515
Claire's robes ~ polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=156856488
Charlotte's robes ~ polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=149013383