This Wasn't Supposed to Happen

School begins

I woke up to my alarm and open my eyes to find Claire over me, I yelp in surprise, I was kind of hoping she'd stop doing that but I guess not. I get out of bed reluctantly and head to the bathroom. After having a shower, cleaning my teeth and starightening my naturally wavy hair I get dressed into my Hogwarts uniform and braid my hair.

When I enter the room all the girls have gone to breakfast all except Charlotte who is still asleep, I shake my head in disapproval and walk to her. As I start to shake her awake her alarm starts going off. Slowly she wakes up.

“Get up. Get up come on your going to miss breakfast.” I whisper in her ear. As soon as the word breakfast leaves my mouth Charlotte darts up and runs to the bathroom. 10 minutes later she comes out, dressed and ready to go.

Racing down the cobblestone stairs, Charlotte and I rush down to breakfast. We weren’t that late and still had plenty of time but we both love our food and wanted to get some of the good food! When we got to the Great Hall there was a few house elves waiting to ask what we wanted to eat.

“What would you like for breakfast mam’ anything you would like I will make for you mam’.” A small little elf with a high pitched squeaky voice asked me and Charlotte.

“Can I have some pancakes, waffles, bagels with Nutella, a bowl of Coco Pops and a bacon butty with ketchup please?” Charlotte asks almost immediately I look at her wide eyed trying not to laugh, the elf doesn't seem too effected by this however.

“Can I have a bacon, sausage and egg butty on toast please, with some beans too if you can.” I ask Charlotte gives me a confused look which I shrug off, I don't eat much in the morning unlike some people. We walk arm in arm to the Slytherin table and plonk ourselves down next to Claire and Ashley who are eating their own breakfast which by the look of things are coco pops and toast with Nutella.

“Well look who it is, the mudblood and her mudblood friends.” I heard a voice say, I look at the other side of Charlotte and see that Malfoy kid, damn he doesn't like giving up does he?

“Oh it’s you, don’t you have something better to do with your life other than sit around shouting incorrect insults at me Malfoy?” Charlotte replies whilst giving him a bored expression.

POP. Me and Charlotte turn to see two house elves one of them was the elf who took our order of food and the other I didn’t recognise but he had my food on a tray, while the other was carrying Charlotte's.

“Here you go mam’ enjoy.”

“Thank you, what is your name?” Charlotte asks the elf carrying her food.

“Lola mam’, they call me Lola” Charlotte replies this with a smile.

Professor Snape came up to us and gave us our timetables, today I have Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall first two lessons with Gryffindor’s, Potions with Professor Snape third lesson and forth lesson with Gryffindor’s, and Defence Against the Dark Arts with Professor Quirrell fifth and sixth lesson also with Gryffindor’s. I check with Charlotte to find she has the same except when I have History of Magic, she has Herbology and vise versa.

A bell sounded through the Great Hall signalling the start of lessons, Charlotte and me jump up to make sure we’re not late for our first lesson.

“Point Me” I whisper to my wand as I lie it flat in my hand and with the demand my wand starts to move as if it was a compass.

“It’s a spell my Grand-mother taught me and Mel when we were little in case we ever got lost, the wand moves in the direction of where you want to go all you have to do is say ‘Point Me’ and think of where you would like to go. It’s a great time saver” Claire explains for me, I don't like to speak of family seems we don't have any left. We follow the wand up to the Transfiguration room and when we arrived nobody else was there except the witch who led us into the great hall last night, I remember her name being Professor Mcgonagall.

“Are we in the right place Professor?” Charlotte asked.

“If you’re here for first year transfiguration then yes you are if not then I will gladly point you in the right direction.” Me and Charlotte took our seats in the middle not wanting to look too eager to learn some new things.

“How did you manage to get here on time, nobody else seems to know where they are going” Professor McGonagall asked.

“We used the Four-Point spell, Professor, my Grand-mother taught me and my sister the spell for in case we ever got lost.” I say in a shy manner, when talking to new people or older people I get nervous and shy it always happens no matter what I do. Charlotte nudges my slightly in encouragement.

“Very good, Miss Black, what a great use of your knowledge, 5 points to Slytherin,” we both beamed as she said this, at least I got one thing right for now. A few students started to walk into the room and take their seats and when the class was almost full professor McGonagall started the lesson.

“'Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned. Now I would like you to write the ordinary alphabet and underneath that i would like you to right the alphabet of transfiguration.” As I took out my quill, ink and parchment Professor McGonagall transformed herself into a cat and sat on her desk, watching over the class. I began to right both alaphabets, I knew this quite well as Claire had taught me over the years. I had nearly finished the transfiguration alphabet under the English one as two scruffy looking boys came bursting through the door, one had ginger hair and the other had black hair and glasses. Harry Potter.

“Phew could you imagine to look on old McGonagall’s face if we were late.” The Ginger one said to Harry. Charlotte and me gave each other a knowing look and both put three fingers up at the same time and counted down 3…2…1… We both looked up at McGonagall to see her transform into her human form again and stride towards the boys. The boys both look petrified.

“Potter, Weasley, why are you both late? Do I need to transform one of you a pocket watch to make sure it doesn’t happen again” she asked, I turned to Charlotte to see realisation wash over her face then she shrugged and carried on with her work.

“Then perhaps a map, I trust you don’t need one to find your seats.” Professor replied sarcastically, she was my favourite teacher so far!

“Now class next lesson we will be turning match sticks into needles, it is very basic work but a few of the students who do not have the talent in the art that is transfiguration will find this difficult, I have to stress that anyone who is caught poking the needles, if they are successfully made, will be on detention with me and house points will be taken, is that clear” she directed the last part at Malfoy, she really is my favourite teacher so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uniform~ http://www.polyvore.com/twsh_school_uniform_slytherin/set?id=148838118
Charlotte~ polyvore.com/first_day_lessons_wdily/set?id=153617753