Status: Currently writing

The Stars in Your Sky Aren't the Same Stars in My Sky

What I Want

The boys cheered again and the shouts continued.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I looked to my right inside the house and saw everyone clearing the table while Joel was breaking out the wine. I looked back down at my phone and I did nothing to stop it as it slipped out of my hand. As if in slow motion, I watched it fall gracefully to the patio ground before shattering on impact with the ground, effectively ending the call. Seconds later the door opened.

"Oh shit." I didn't even look up from the wreckage of my phone with my eyes still wide and my jaw still dropped.

"What happened?"

"Is she ok?" They all ushered out one by one before I even looked up.

"What happened?" Casey repeated to me, gently placing her hand on my arm.

"I-I-Throne-" I stuttered.

"Throne? Your song?" Joel asked. My mouth continued to open and close for a few moments as I tried to form coherent words, instead tears fell from my eyes.

"What the fuck?" Matt came over and stood in front on me between my legs and forced me to look at him.

"What's wrong, Princess?" He asked carefully.

My mouth continued to move, but no words came out. He started telling me to take a deep breath and I did.

"Throne," I started and took another breath,"Went number one on ARIA and RIAA." It was everyone else's turn to go wide eyed.

"No fucking way."I started to laugh while Matt smiled and wiped my tears away.

"All that for some good news? Melo dramatic much?" I chuckled and punched his chest lightly.

"I... I'm shocked... I hadn't looked at the numbers in so long..." He stepped back and helped me down.

"Was it worth breaking your phone over?" I looked down at the pieces of my once brand new iPhone and shrugged.

"With those numbers, the royalties will cover it." Everyone laughed, but stopped when Bel coughed to get our attention.

"Well while everyone's handing out good news." She smiled at Joel who came and stood next to her, promptly wrapping his arm around her waist.

"We just wanted to tall you before we told everyone else." Everyone listened intently.

"I asked Bel to marry me and she's said yes." My jaw dropped and I hobbled over to them first.

"Congratulations you two!" I hugged them both and they thanked me before I picked up my phone pieces. Everyone else promptly repeated my actions and Bel, Casey, the other girl I now knew as Polly, and I immediately started talking over wedding stuff while the guys sat watching us, having moved from wine to beers. Soon enough Ahren got a message from Nikki asking him to have me call again. I had to call from his phone due to mine being broken, but that wasn't an issue. They just wanted to know how we were supposed to proceed. I had to break off from the group to talk to him for a bit.

We decided to stay on our current path and I was going to immediately start talking to a few bands about doing a big tour. I needed to go over the numbers, but from what Nikki was telling me we were looking at well over 1000 cap venues. Possibly even bigger than that. He also told me they had come up with a name for the album in the hour I had been here as well as a concept and theme. I accepted them all and told him to shop it and go for production immediately before hanging up.

"Well the kids will be getting home soon and we haven't told them yet." Bel chuckled as she stood.

"They probably already know, love." Joel kissed her cheek before bringing the empty beers inside.

"Well congrats to you." She hugged me as we started saying goodbyes.

"Thank you and I'm sorry for stealing part of today away." She waved me off.

"Good news should always be spread, no matter what the other news is." I smiled before she moved on to the others.

Joel walked everyone outside and we thank them both for lunch before saying our goodbyes and agreeing to meet back at the house. Ahren immediately sat down with Matt and JJ to watch TV while Polly went of somewhere and Casey and I sat on the couch.

"This is the norm isn't it?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I have some stuff to do though. You're welcome to join if you want." She smiled.

"Nah, I'm honestly super tired. I've been holed up at the studio for three days." I chuckled.

"Oh that's right. We were wondering where you were." She chuckled before getting up.

"I'll see you later then," She turned to Ahren,"Babe I'm gonna head to the shop. I'll be back late." She kissed him before walking down stairs to leave.

"If you're tired, you can go sleep in my room." Ahren turned to me.

"Why would I sleep in your room?" He looked at Matt before looking back at me.

"Figured you wouldn't want to share?" I shrugged.

"I'm too tired to care." I stood with my crutches before wobbling towards the guest bedroom.

"I do have to go back to the studio kinda early tomorrow. I need to finish as many albums as possible."

"Albums?" JJ asked.

"She is doing an album per person. It's pretty epic actually." Ahren told JJ.

"You aren't happy with your number one single, you need five number one albums as well." They all laughed.

"Of course that won't make me happy..." They chuckled.

"I want five number one albums and ten number one singles to go with it." I joked before walking to the guest room.

It was only 5 in the afternoon, but I was still tired. I quickly changed into some shorts and took off my wrap from my ankle before laying down. The door opened then and I heard someone take their shoes off before they laid down behind me and wrapped their arms around my waist.

"You haven't slept since the night at the hotel have you?" I asked, knowing it was Matt.

"No... I didn't want them to say anything..." I sighed and carefully turned to him.

"You're always welcome at the studio and here with me...." I brought my hands up to rest on either side of his face with a smile.

However, I didn't expect him to lean forward and kiss me then, or for me to kiss him back. He pulled away after a moment and just stared at me.

"I'm sorry I-" I put my hand over his mouth.

"I wish you would have done that sooner...." Silence took over both of us. I was worried he was going to distance himself from me, instead he kiss me once more and pulled me closer to him. We both fell asleep like that.