Status: Comments make things happen quicker

We'll Always Have London

Still Clueless

Aaron sat beside Romy and Wylda wiggled over to make room for me beside her. Luckily, Fro-Zone was more a local place than a chain so when Aaron and the girls came paparazzi rarely knew to follow. And miraculously they rarely followed me as I hadn't done much of anything and Aaron was only now gaining all this popularity. It was nice, to finally see his effort and hard work being recognized in the media, but it also put a lot of stress on him as he wanted to spend more time with his family and suddenly he was wanted for all these films. And then his fighting with Sam. I felt for the guy.

I jokingly picked up the spoon and got a bit of brownie and ice cream and held it out to Aaron teasing, "Go ahh." He looked at me and then Romy and Wylda who giggled and ate their own ice cream, amused that their dad couldn't feed himself. But Aaron gave in and opened his mouth with a soft, "Ahh," before he ate what was on the spoon. I smiled and ate a bite after him. I wasn't so immature that I thought I would die if I shared food or drinks with people- but I mean- I'd have to know you and Aaron and I had known each other for years. Almost forever.

"Daddy can we stay with Aunt Abby?" Wylda asked and Romy looked at Aaron with blue ice cream all over her face while Wylda had chocolate smeared over her lips. Aaron looked at his girls, both wearing their best puppy dog eyes, before he winced as if it physically hurt him to look at their pleading faces. He looked at me but I wore the same expression, big eyes and lower lip jutted out.

"Really, Abs, you too?" he asked as if he was in agony.

"Quick girls, whimper like doggies," I told them and the three of us began whimpering like puppies making Aaron grab his chest and fall back in the booth.

"Oi alright! Alright, we'll all stay at Aunt Abigail's," Aaron said and the girls cheered before going back to their ice cream. I was stirred some hot fudge into the chocolate icream and fudge brownie bits before taking a bit. Aaron reached out and poked my nose but by the stickiness it left behind I was all too aware that he had smeared ice cream on my nose.

"My face! What did you do to my beautiful self?" I asked in my best mock insulted voice. Aaron chuckled as Wylda looked at me and I continued, "How will I find prince charming with this horrendousness on my beautiful face? How?" Wylda turned my face to her and she licked my nose. Licked. My. Nose. But she got the ice cream off and Aaron burst into a fit of laughter as Wylda smiled at me happy that she helped. I blinked and looked cross-eyed at my nose before nodding and looking at the little girl.

"Thanks, Wylie Coyote," I deadpanned and then looked at Aaron who was still laughing. "Oh hush your furry face," I mumbled as he wiped at the laughter tears slowly forming at the corners of his eyes.

"Abby you found prince charming! He's right there!" Wylda told me pointing to Aaron who immediately stopped laughing. "Daddy's just like a disney prince!"

"No, no, see Aaron is a King and you are the princesses. Because Aaron has your mommy he's not a prince anymore he's a King," I explained calmly and Wylda made a little "O" with her mouth before simply going back to ice cream. Aaron was quiet and I looked at him, winking in a friendly and reassuring manner, letting him know I didn't take it any weird way or in a sense that his daughter wanted us together. And I didn't. I was so happy for Aaron when he met Sam because he was so in love with her and she was so good for him. Sure the age difference had be hesitant at first but when I saw them together, it just made sense. I didn't want to come between them and I knew Wylda just meant her daddy was charming and everything a prince should be. And Aaron was. But he wasn't my prince. He was taken.

After eating, Aaron and I took the girls to the restroom to clean them up and then got in the car and headed to my house on the other side of LA, the college district rather than the frickin celebrity district. Romy and Wylda fell asleep as it was a good two hour drive and we still had an hour to go. Aaron kept glancing at me and chewing on his thumb nail which was usually a sign he was nervous.

"Talk to me Papa Bear," I said looking from the road to him and then back.

"I just don't know what to do," he sighed looking over his shoulder at Romy and Wylda. "If they were ever taken away-"

"Shut it," I scolded pointing at him when he looked back over to me. "No one is taking those angels away from you, Aaron, you and Sam will make up like you always do and- total ew by the way- but I will take the girls camping for a weekend so you can make up properly if I must." I make a playful gagging noise, sticking my tongue out. "Kissing you is probably ugh I feel so bad for that woman," I teased and Aaron smiled as he joked,

"You didn't say that at our first middle school dance."

"I told you never to speak of it again!" I whispered in mock sternness and humiliation. "I was a young impressionable girl who just wanted to know what all the hullabaloo was about," I defended and Aaron arched a brow with a smile.

"You figure it out?" he asked curiously and I glanced him in a serious manner, wanting to say yes, wanting to tell him it was the best kiss of all the kisses I had ever had, tell him he taught me everything I knew about love and appreciation both directly and through the way he was with Sam, but instead I pulled the corner of my mouth down in a dramatic frown and shrugged.

"Still clueless."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for the anon on my tumblr who sent me a lovely message. And for all you amazing people who are reading and subscribed to this story. Feel free to leave a comment!