Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Still Fiesty

Ella and Jacob were alone at his house. They were on the couch watching Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Ella found Jim hilarious.

"God, I love him." Ella held her stomach as she saw Jim Carrey in a tutu dancing around. Jacob tried paying attention to the movie, but he didn't want to miss a smile and laugh that left her soft lips.

So, he went for it.

Ella was laughing when she felt a pair of warm lips on her. Her eyes widened when she analyzed who was kissing her; Jacob was kissing her and surprisingly she didn't pull away.

Ella didn't pull away because she didn't want. Somehow, deep inside of her she wanted this. She wanted Jacob, it didn't matter that he was younger than her.

Jacob secured the kiss by placing a hand on her cheek. His lips were soft and warm. He was tendrered. He went slowly with no rush what-so-ever. His tongue brushed her bottom lip and just as she was about to part her lips to let him in, Billy came in.

"Jake! Oh! I'm so sorry." Ella and Jacob pulled apart quicker than a shooting bullet. Jake's face turned red and Ella looked away in shame.

"It's okay, Billy. I have to go." Ella gave one last kiss to Jacob and walked out of the house and got into her Impala and drove away.

Billy smirked at his son.

"What?" Jacob was dying to scream in happiness.

***

Ella screamed as she was driving. She was smiling from ear to ear and with Jacob she felt human. She felt normal.

Ella parked the Impala and walked inside the house where Charlie was waiting with his arms crossed, his right foot tapping and a disapproving look on his face.

"Where have you been?!" Charlie's face was red from anger.

"I was with Jacob and... we sort of... hit it off." Ella couldn't resist and smiled from ear to ear.

His expression soften and smiled. "You could've at least called." He opened his arms for Ella and Ella went in and hugged him back. Charlie kissed the top of her head and embraced her tighter.

"Sorry, Uncle Chuck." Ella apologized.

"I just don't want something to happen to you. We still haven't caught the murder of the hikers." Ella froze on the spot and her muscle tensed. "You okay, Ella?"

"Yeah. I'm just tired. Long day." She chuckled as she pulled away from the hug.

Charlie looked at his niece and he could almost picture his sister in front of him.

"You look so much like Rose." Charlie held Ella's face by her chin. "You have her eyes."

"Yeah, everyone told me that in the funeral. My euology sucked." Ella admitted. Charlie and Ella hugged one more time. "My mom never blamed you for the family fight, Uncle."

"I know... she called me the day before the attack." Charlie was now crying. "She sounded so nervous like she almost knew what was going to happen. Mmh. She always had that gift."

"What gift?" Ella asked, she raised an eyebrow.

Charlie looked at Ella's curious face and smirked.

"Don't listen to me. Got to sleep." He ordered a baffled Ella.

"But--"

"You're late now suffer the consequences missy." He waved his finger at Ella and Ella pouted.

"Ugh! Fine, but you're so telling me tomorrow Uncle Chuck." Ella narrowed her eyes playfully at her uncle. She flashed him a smile and went to her room.

***

Five minutes of being alone started to haunt Ella. She kept thinking of the men she killed. She tried to remember their faces but it was impossible. She felt like she was drowning and no one was helping her.

There was two light knocks outside her door.

"Come in." Ella knew it was Bella.

"Hey." She greeted her cousin.

"Sup?" Ella didn't look at her. Ella was ashamed of having some kind of feeling for her cousin's boyfriend.

"You have a great voice... I never really noticed that." Bella went to Ella's bed and sat on the edge.

"Thanks." Ella still didn't look at Bella, she kept her eyes at random things in her room.

"You reminded me of my Aunt Rose... she had a wonderful voice... angelic-like." Bella was trying to get Ella to open up once again.

But it only stung Ella to hear her mother's name.

Ella knew Bella's plan.

[I guess it's only right she knows some of the truth.] Ella thought. Ella got up and went through her drawers and tried to find a manilla folder she made; filled with newspaper articles of the attack.

Bella looked at her cousin as she approached her with a manilla folder in her hands. Ella looked inside to make sure they were there. Then Ella reached it out to Bella.

"This is what you wanted to know." Ella said in a monotone voice.

Bella got the manilla folder and started to read the articles. Bella was a bit confused when she got to the part in the article where it said that one paramedic said that Ella was screaming that her body was on fire but the house wasn't burning. Bella remembered what Edward told her about the transformation of a vampire.

Bella gasped as she put the puzzle pieces together.

"You're a vampire?" Bella looked at Ella who had her back to Bella.

"Half." Ella said.

Bella couldn't believe it. Ella was the one thing she wanted to be so badly... a vampire. To be immortal.

"How are you half?" Bella asked.

"I don't know exactly know, but it's my theory because I can eat and sleep." Ella still her back to Bella. Bella got up from the bed and walked to her cousin.

"Oh Ella." Bella had that sympathetic tone Ella hated.

"Don't give me that tone, please. I got it from everybody back home and I hate it." Ella growled. She turned to her cousin Bella. "I don't need sympathy."

"It's all right to show weakness sometimes, Ella, it what makes us..."

"Human?! F.Y.I Bella! I'm not human any more!" Ella half-yelled.

Bella gulped. Ella's eyes had flashed red.

"Your eyes flashed red... Edward's turns black... why are yours red?" This caught Ella off guard.

"I don't know. I need sleep." Ella groaned.

"Wait, why aren't you surprised that I know about vampires?" Bella asked just before she was going out.

"Edward told me you knew." Ella shrugged.

"Wait, Edward knew before me?" Bella said in disbelief.

"He sort of found out. I was hunting and he saw me and the rest of the Cullens. Hey, do you know why the Cullens were glaring at Jake's friends?" Ella changed the subject.

"Uh, no. I've been trying to ask Edward but he keeps avoiding the question." Bella said.

"Oh... okay then." Bella went to her room and found Edward in her room waiting for her in the corner chair.

***

"How come you didn't tell me what Ella was?" Bella hissed at her boyfriend.

"It was her secret to tell not mine, Bella." Edward rightfully pointed out.

"How did you find out?" Bella asked.

"She was hunting and I was hunting." Edward didn't want to tell Bella that he was going into her cousin's dreams and obessing over her secret. Edward didn't want to admit he had feelings for Ella because her blood too sang for him and he had no idea why. How he can love two girls at the same time? Two totally different girls.

***

That night Ella didn't have nightmares because Jake and Edward filled in. So Ella was now in love with two guys. One was forbidden and the other was younger, which didn't really matter in the long run.

With those two boys in her mind she dressed into some faded grey skinny jeans and torn Misfit shirt that showed her shoulders. Ella got her wristbands and hid her scars. She was scared of being with Jake because what if she lost control or something?

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs- I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie.


The tone she had was when the number wasn't in her phone if it was someone she didn't know. She looked at the number and answered.

"Hello?" Ella answered skeptically.

She didn't hear anything from the other line.

"Hello? Who the fuck is this?!" Ella bellowed.

"Still fiesty." The male voice froze her body. She needed to sit down but her muscles wouldn't move a bit. Her eyes were wide as fish. "So, glad you remembered me, babe."

Ella wanted to scream but she lost her voice because of the fear going through her body.

"I'll be visiting you soon. Don't think for a second that I forgot about you." He hunged up.

"How did you get my number?!" But it was too late he had hunged up.

Ella was still in her room. She jumped at the sound of the door bell downstairs. Ella ran out of her room and stumped down stairs but was reliefed when she saw Edward at the door. Just then her cellphone went off again. She didn't bother to look at the number and answered.

"Look you sick fuck leave me the fuck alone!!" Ella yelled.

"Ella?!" Jacob's voice asked. Ella slapped her forehead from her stupidity.

"Jake..." Edward froze at the sound of his name coming out of Ella's mouth. "I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else... I'm sorry."

"It's all right. Are you okay? Is some guy trouble? Because if he is I'll know people who can beat him up." Ella laughed.

Edward had a sour look.

[I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.] He tried to convince himself. Bella looked at Edward's tensed body as Ella spoke on the phone.

[No... he loves me. He has told me he loves me.] Bella thought.

Ella giggled and it only made Edward more jealous.

"I'll be sure to give you a special ring tone." Ella promised.

"About last night. I know there's a 'rule' but it doesn't matter." Jake said.

Ella thought back of the earlier call. She couldn't afford to risk anyone's life because of her. She had enough guilt already she didn't need more. She was going to hate herself for what she was going to do for Jacob right now but if her attacker was around she didn't want Jacob to get caught in the middle, after all, he was mortal.

Ella headed back up stairs and it indicated that she needed to talk alone with Jacob. Edward and Bella caught the memo.

"Ella, you still there?" Jacob asked.

"Y-yeah. Listen Jacob, about last night... it was a mistake." Ella bit her bottom lip.

"What?" Ella could feel the hurt in his voice.

"I mean, you're fifteen and I'm seventeen. It's jus too... weird to... date someone who is younger than me." Ella was trying to sound casual and not break down.

"But... th-that kiss... it was full of... something. Ella." Jacob was confused one night she's kissing him back with the same passion that he has and the next she's rejecting him.

"Look, I don't like to date younger people than me. It will make me some kind of pedophile." Ella didn't really believe that. "Plus, you sort of live three miles away and we would barely see each other because of school and stuff--"

"It's okay, Ella. I get the memo." He hanged up the phone before Ella could notice his voice breaking.

Ella heard the dead tone. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

All of a sudden Ella felt eyes on her. She twirled around and a pair of topaz eyes were looking down at her, she yelps in surprise and Edward smiles crookedly.

"Damn it Ed!" Ella placed her free hand over her heart.

"Sorry. Bella wanted me to tell you that we're going out. I'm taking her to meet Carlisle and Esme, officially as boyfriend and girlfriend." Edward looked at Ella's worried face and wished he could read her mind.

"That's nice. Tell Esme I said hi. I haven't seen in her in a few days and I already miss her." Ella voice was like she wasn't exactly on earth.

"What's on your mind?" Edward sort of demanded.

Ella half-smiled. "You can't read my mind, huh?!" Ella teased. Edward narrowed his eyes at her.

"Seriously, is something bothering you or someone? By the way you answered... Jacob, I noticed." Ella caught that he had difficulty saying Jacob's name. Ella dropped the smiled slowly.

"I'm fine. I just sort of broke up with Jake." Ella wasn't fully lying.

"Sort of?" Edward rose an eyebrow.

"Long story. Now, go take Bella meet the rest of the family." Ella faked a smile as best as she could but she had enough practice to do so.

Edward was not convinced but Bella was waiting for him downstairs. He, reluctantly, exited Ella's room. He knew something was up but he let it pass.