Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

School... What a drag

"I'm new here." Ella said to the receptionist. The receptionist looked funny at Ella because of her cat ears hood.

"Oh, right, you're Eleanor Swan?" she asked handing me a single white paper.

Ella's made a funny face at the sound of her full name. "Ella, I don't like my full name." Ella's face went into a smile. Ella wondered to herself, how long can she keep up the I'm-not-going-through-any-pain act? She hoped for the rest of the year. Ella spaced out for a moment and soon was brought back when the receptionist waved her hand in front of Ella's face.

"Sorry... blanked out for a bit." Ella scratched the back of her head in embarrassment.

"It's alright. Good luck on your first day. You have quite a brain." She winked at the last word and Ella smiled unsure.

While Ella walked outside of the main office she looked at her schedule.

Period 1: AP English
Period 2: AP Government
Period 3: AP French
Lunch
Period 4: Biology
Period 5: AP Calculus
Period 6: Gym


She had three AP classes, which was good because it would help her get into the college she wanted to go, USC in California. She really wanted to be a doctor. It was her dream, even before she was unwillingly turned into a creature of the night.

Ella's first class was in building 3. She walked neat the cafeteria and quickly found the building. She went inside and as she passed by a class room and saw Bella. Ella waved at Bella ecstatically, Bella sheepishly waved back, which got a few heads turned towards Ella whom mouthed "See ya at nutrition", and Bella nodded.

Ella's class room was not far down from Bella's, only about three doors down. (Get it? Three Doors Down, as in the band? No? Okay then.) Ella entered the semi-small class room. Ella saw several students talking in their own little groups. Her eyes landed on a brunette guy. They locked eyes for a second, until Ella turned away. She put her cat-ear-hood down and handed her schedule to the snobby-looking teacher named Mrs. Mosley.

The bell rang and eventually all of the students were seated, except for Ella whom was standing, practically, in front of the whole class, whom all looked at her like some sort of alien, could be because of her skin, but almost everyone had the same color of skin. Ella didn't really care, she was used to being the center of attention, plus she had a band back home so having an audience didn't scare Ella.

"Class, please welcome. Elea---"

"Ella." Ella interrupted the teacher; Mrs. Mosley gave Ella a sour look. "My name is Ella. I don't like my first name, sounds too formal."

"Please welcome, Ella... Swan. She just moved here, please make her feel welcome." Mrs. Mosley told Ella to take the seat next to the boy named Emmet. The boy she had locked eyes with, lazily raised his hand. Ella walked to her seat and as soon as she sat the class room phone rang. "Please be quiet while I'm on the phone." Mrs. Mosley walked to her phone and answered.

Ella tapped the desk with the tip of her fingers.

"Hi!" Beamed a voice from her right side. Ella turned and saw a red-headed girl; she had light skin and a smile on her face. "I'm Aubrey." She reached her hand for a shake, which Ella took.

"I'm Ella." Ella smiled warmly at Aubrey.

"Are you related to Bella Swan?" She asked.

Ella nods. "She's my cousin. From my mom's side." Ella's voice almost cracked when she said mom, but she soon recovered and covered her flaw with a smile.

"I thought so; you guys look sort of alike. If your hair wasn't red." Aubrey said.

"Yeah, I got bored of brown hair and decided to get something that said POW!!" Aubrey jumped at Ella's sudden outburst and laughed nervously.

"So, how do you like Fork so far?" Aubrey flipped her hair to her side.

Ella shrugged. "Eh, it's alright, so far. I don't remember it being so small, though."

"Wait! I think I remember you. Were you the girl that got lost in the forest for like a week?" Aubrey's brain clicked.

Ella laughed nervously and once again scratched the back of her head as she remembered. When she was eight, her parents took her camping for her birthday. Like the curious person she was, she wandered around for a bit and got herself lost. She lived off the basic plants and used mud to keep her warm in the cold nights. When they found her she was covered in mud, but her skin ended up being really smooth.

"Yeah, that was me." Ella was now the center of attention, not just because of whom she was but because of the way she dressed, it wasn't common to have scene girls in Forks, Washington.

"Yeah, I remember the rumors about you being eaten by a grizzly bear or something." Said the kid behind Ella, it was a blonde guy. "Hi, I'm Mike Newton."

"Ella Swan." Ella introduced herself.

"I know." He smirked at Ella and Ella looked away. "I know your cousin, Bella. But she's not nearly as cute as you are."

"Uh, thanks?" Ella eyed Mike, not sure how to respond to that; Mike winked at Ella. Ella turned her body back to the front.

"Okay class, I have a special project planned, it will involve partners and---"

"Want to be my partner, Ella?" Aubrey and Mike said at the same time.

"Ahem!" Mrs. Mosley face was red from anger. Aubrey and Mike were embarrassed. "And I will be picking your partners."

The class groans. Ella spaced out again, until she could feel a pair of eyes looking at her. She looked to her left and saw the boy Emmet looking at her with no expression.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Ella snapped at the boy, whom was taken back.

Emmet never had a girl talked to him like that before. It intrigued him more.

"Cullen and Swan." Mrs. Mosley announced.

"Wait, whose Cullen?" Ella asked to Aubrey. She pointed to Ella's left side.

"Guess you're stuck with me, darling." Said Emmet. Ella gave him a fake smile and dropped it, Emmet chuckled.

Ella found out what her project was and started working with Emmet for the rest of the period. Ella avoided eye contact with him as she explained her ideas for the project. They agreed he was going to do the paper work and Ella was going to do the Power Point on her laptop and she would present the project to the class.

The bell rang and it was time for the next class. Ella quickly gathered her things, Mike and some other guy approached Ella.

"What do you have next?" asked Mike.

"Government." Ella said. The other boy smiled at her answer.

"That's my next class, AP right?" He asked. Ella nodded. "I'm Josh by the way."

"Ella." She shook his hand.

"I know, you're pretty." He said bluntly.

Ella smiled wider. "Thank you."

"So, how do you like Forks High so far?" asked Josh.

"It's bearable." Ella chuckled and made the boys smile at her humor side.

"How are you related to Bella?" asked Josh.

"She's my cousin." Ella answered.

Ella, Josh and Mike talked all the way to their next class. Mike left for his class and Josh opened the door of the classroom for Ella.

"Thanks." Ella said, she walked towards the teacher and handed him, Mr. Milder, her schedule. "Do I have to like introduce myself?"

"No, I'll spare you the torture." Mr. Milder smiled at Ella and Ella returned the smile.

"Thank you." She said, Mr., Milder signed the schedule and assigned her a seat, which was next to Josh, lucky her. She happily walked over to Josh and took the empty seat. The tables were for three people and Ella had to seat between Josh and a blonde guy, who was pale and blue eyes. Jasper didn't pay much attention to the new girl, but as he passed him her scent drove him mad, he felt like jumping her, but he controlled himself, it didn't help that she was sitting next to him. He quickly raised his hand.

"Mr. Cullen?" asked Milder, Ella turned to see if she had heard right, did she hear Cullen, but wasn't Emmet a Cullen too? Were they related?

"May I go to the nurse, I'm not feeling well?" asked Jasper with a fake hurt look.

"You may go Jasper." Sighed Mr. Milder, Jasper--with no hesitation--got up and quickly left the classroom. He took one last look at the new girl; 'It's sure going to be interesting having her around' Jasper thought.

Ella didn't pay attention to the boy who just left and instead started talking to Josh. Mr. Milder was giving free time; he did that once a month, that's why he's the coolest teacher.

"Have you heard of Scars on Broadway?" Ella took out her I-pod from her back pocket as Josh shook his head. "No?"

"Nope, are they new?" Josh asked.

"Sort of. It's from two members from System of a Down; hear their new song it's so awesome." Ella lends Josh the other earphone and turned the volume up to "They Say" Josh nodded his head; he liked the song. Ella had great taste in music.

Class ended sooner than expected and when the bell rang Ella had to shove her I-pod in her bag and she had French next which was across the school. Ella had to jog to class, it wasn't difficult since she was a vampire--well half-vampire--and she could run for days without stopping.

"Made it!" Ella threw her hands in the air in victory and the bell rang shortly after her dramatic entrance to the class room. She walked to the teacher, regarding the stares at her she hands in her schedule.

"Welcome to Forks High, Eleanor." The teacher was a short woman, her hair in a tight bun and a stern face.

"Call me Ella, please." Ella said politely.

The teacher gives her a long stare through her small glasses.

"Take a seat, Ms Swan." Mrs. Jacque, yes Jacque, told her to seat anywhere.

Ella faced the class and all of the faces were unfamiliar...except one.

"Hiya Eddie!" Beamed Ella and she crossed the room and took the seat that was empty next to Edward. He had his eyes on her the entire time and tried his best to enter her mind; but it was impossible, this girl was so unpredictable to him, he could figure out Bella's thoughts but this girl was a whole different story.

"Hello Ella. How is your first day?" Edward gave her his infamous crooked smile. Ella grinned, not because of his smile.

"Eh! Except for the jerk named Emmet, it's been cool." Ella shrugged her shoulders. Edward chuckled.

"I see you met my brother." His smirked.

Ella had her mouth open. "Brother? You're a Cullen too?"

"Yes ma'am." said Edward.

"Mr. Cullen and Ms. Swan if you two are done chit chatting can I start my lesson?" Mrs. Jacque had slammed her ruler on Ella's desk.

"You may start the lesson Madame." Ella smiled at the teacher.