Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

We Can Be Horrible Together

Before Ella knew it, Prom was around the corner. She avoided Jason because she remembered everything while Devi took over her. She felt shame and guilt because of Aubrey.

She prayed he wouldn't tell her. She figured he didn't because Aubrey didn't mention anything and she was thankfull for that, she didn't need drama right now.

For the last couple of days the band would play at different places and some private parties in Seattle. Ella would write more and more songs. Her recent one invovled Josh singing as well, it was called "Franklin".

Ella had not spoken to Jacob since the Sunday she was kidnapped and didn't want to neither.

Ella couldn't use Jacob as her only hope for a normal life. No, Jacob was too sweet, plus her feelings for Edward were growing with every day she spent with him.

She would feel so damn guilty for that too.

Ella's grade didn't reflect her mood, in fact she was on a roll. Straight A's and stuff. She would help Bella with her Pre-Calculus homework.

"Who are you taking to the prom?" Bella asked, they were studying for a Biology test together, Edward was there was well.

Edward looked at Ella, but she didn't look up from the book.

"Um, I don't know." Ella shrugged, taking her eyes off the book and looked up at Bella and then to Edward, who looked away really quickly.

***

"Hey, Ella can I talk to you?" Taylor catched up to Ella in the morning.

Ella smiled weakly. "Sure."

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to Prom with me?" His eyes had hope and Ella crushed them.

"Sorry Taylor, but no."

"Oh...o-okay then. I'll see you around." He waved bye.

Ella sighed. She entered her English class and was glad to see Emmett grinning at her.

"Hey Big E."

"Hello there Little E."

"I can't believe you're graduating." Ella sighed sadly.

He patted her back gently, as if she was a porcilean doll.

"I'll still be around." Emmett winked and Ella smiled.

Before the class started, Ella was approached by half the boys in the class asking her to the Prom and Emmett would make fun of her.

"Sorry, no." Ella said with a sad tone.

"Why are you rejecting every boy?" Emmett whispered too low for a mortal to hear.

Ella shrugged. "The right one hasn't asked."

[Because the right one is going with Bella.] She thought.

She spaced out in English and while Aubrey was talking to her about her Prom dress.

In history she took the seat between Jasper and Josh.

"Hey, Jasper." Ella greeted.

"Hello Ella." Jasper smiled sincerely.

It was the first time Ella had seen him truly smile at her.

"Getting attacked by fan boys?" He whispered and Ella nodded with a smile on her face.

"I can't take it anymore." Ella hissed.

Like expected most of the boys asked her. Josh cletched his fists at this. He needed to get Ella alone but she was always around with someone, either Bella or one of the Cullens.

History flew by fast and French was next. Ella took her seat next to Edward.

"Hey there, Ella." Edward smirked.

"Hey." She said gloomly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, besides having half the boys in the school keep asking me to Prom and I hate saying no to them." Ella leaned her head on Edward's shoulder and groaned.

"Poor Ella." Edward cooed teasingly.

"I'm serious, Edward!"

"What do you expect Ella?! You're beautiful!"

Ella would blush at his comment.

"Thanks." Ella mumbled. "I'm not."

Edward laughed lightly. "Have you looked in the mirror lately?"

"Every freaking morning and all I see is a pale red slash orange-head girl."

"Well I see, a beautiful girl with the most memorizing green eyes I've seen in my entire life. Plus, when you smile the mood is lighter and the whole room brightens. And.." He stopped himself because he was starting to feel weird.

"Thanks Edward." Ella flashed a sincere smile at him.

"The room is glowing." Edward said.

They looked each other in the eyes for a couple of seconds before Ella turned away and looked at Mrs. Jaque glaring at her.

***

"You're going to let me do your hair, right Ella?" Alice asked at lunch with her puppy eyes.

"I hate you Alice." Ella sighed in defeat.

Alice squealed in delight. "And you too Bella."

"I'm not going." Bella said.

"Oh no you're going." Ella poked Bella in the stomach.

"Ow. Ugh! Fine, have it your way, Ella."

"I always do." Ella smirked.

They laughed but it died out when Josh came.

Jasper sensed he was nervous.

Alice saw him asking Ella to prom, but didn't see her answer for some reason.

And Edward read his mind.

[Why does she seat with the Cullens?] Josh thought.

"Um, Ella? Can I talk to you?" His voice shaky.

"Uh, sure. Excuse me guys." Ella stood from the table and walked outside with Josh.

"Aw, he's going to ask her to Prom." Alice cooed, leaning down her head to Jasper's.

"And what does she say?" Edward asked.

"I don't know, I can't predict her decisions, remember?" Alice pointed out.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Doyouwanttogotopromwithme?!" He closed his eyes tight and said it all too fast.

Ella chuckled. "The only words I caught were: want, and prom."

Josh sighed trying to calm his nerves down.

"Do you want to go to prom with me? I know half of our class has asked you and you probably never got my messa--"

"I did and... I was very flattered and I would love to go to Prom with you." Ella stood on her toes and kissed Josh on the lips lightly before turning around back to the cafeteria.

Josh stood there dumbfounded as he caressed his lips with the tips of his fingers. He started doing his victory dance, which was the penut butter jelly song.

"Penut butter jelly time, penut butter jelly, penut butter jelly." He also did the moon walk.

Someone snorted near him and he froze. Apparently, the door didn't close all the way and everyone had seen him sing and dance.

Josh froze.

"Great dance move, but I prefer the robot." Ella said, and she did the robot in the most idiotic way possible and took the heat away from Josh as the cafeteria roared in laughter.

Ella looked at Josh and he mouthed 'Thank you' and she mouthed 'No problem.' and winked.

***

Alice was done with Bella and moved on to Ella's room. Bella and Edward headed to prom while Ella was getting her hair done.

"Your dress is stunning, you're going to look like a princess."

"I never was one of a princess... more of the... tomboy. I hate dresses. The last time I ever wore a dress was in my Quinceanera." Ella groaned.

"What's a quinceanera?" Alice asked.

"It's a Mexican tradition for when a girl turns fifteen and is introduced in society. It meant girls were ready to be married and stuff." Ella said carelessly.

"Oh, do you have pictures?" Alice asked.

"Somewhere in the boxes." Ella pointed to her right and piles of boxes.

Alice frowned. "Maybe later."

Ella smiled.

"So, Josh seems like a good guy." Alice rose both eyebrows.

"He left a message saying he loved me the night before James took me."

"You say it without difficulty, how? Most girls would be terrified to say anything."

Ella shrugged. "I guess I'm not like other girls. Never have been."

Alice smiled wider. "I know."

After an hour or so Alice announced she was finished.

Alice had somehow pulled Ella's hair back into a side elegant bun. In front of the bun was a pendant, it was a crystal lily, fake of course.

***

Edward was sulking by the punch table as he watched Jacob dance with Bella. Alice appeared next to him with a perky attitude.

"Hello." She cooed.

"Mmm." Edward answered, shortly.

He heard her mind.

[Ella is coming in.]

Edward turns his attention to the entrance of the gym and thought he saw an angel. Because that how she looked like an angel. Ella had never looked so beautiful. Her entrance turned all of the boys attention.

Emmett and Rosalie stopped dancing because Emmett saw Ella and stopped.

Ella suddenly felt self-conscious and tried to avoid anyone's eyes.

Edward couldn't break away from looking at Ella.

She wore a simple black dress, which made her skin look like it was glowing. The black dress was flow-y but tight in the chest area. Her make up was natural-looking.

[You really out did yourself, Alice.] Edward thought.

[Thank you.] Alice was proud of her master piece, Ella.

Jacob turned to where the comotion was. His heart skipped a beat, Ella.

Josh linked arms with Ella.

"Everyone is looking at you." He whispered in her ear.

"Really? I didn't notice." Ella said with sarcasm.

Josh chuckled and then he sighs. "I'm going to have to suck it up."

"Why?"

"Everyone is ogling you...er...even Edward." Josh chuckled his name.

Ella looked to where he was looking and saw Edward just staring at her. There was something definitely in his eyes while he looked at her; Ella couldn't figure out his emotion and turned away from Edward.

"Want to dance?"

"Um...erm... I'm a horrible dancer. Honestly."

Josh laughed. "It's okay, we can be horrible together."

Ella smiled and followed Josh to the dance floor. Right now it was playing some slow song. Ella wraps both arms around his neck and his hands on her waist and they looked into each other's eyes.

Josh would look at her eyes and then to her lips. He loved her cold, yet soft, lips. Josh wished he could read minds because Ella seemed to be musing about something.

"What are you thinking?"

"Just figured something." She mumbled.

"What?"

"We're going to be Seniors at eighteen. It's weird."

"How is it California?"

"Well, if we were in California this would be our Senior Prom, not Junior."

Josh mused. "Is California nice?"

"Well, depends where you go. I mean where I lived it was a shit hole, but there were parts, like the beach, that was nice. At fourth of July there are fireworks at the beach and me and... Drake would always go and watch the fireworks." Ella suddely became gloomy.

Josh picked up her chin and brought his lips to hers. He kissed her gently with no lust what so ever, just plain love. Ella kissed back, she loved to feel Josh's lips on her; they were warm and tender, he was warm and tender. They pulled apart slowly.

"We should probably go take our pictures taken before we go on stage." Josh whispered, their foreheads leaning on each other.

Ella nodded.