Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

What if you're only half?...

Ella sat between Jacob and Paul. Ella liked being next to Paul, he was so warm, it reminded her of her dad. She missed her dad just as much as she missed her mother.

Paul saw Ella as a younger sister. He smiled slightly as she leaned her head on his shoulder. He knew it was because she was cold and he radiated heat like a sun.

Ella stared at the fire in front of her. She smiled, things like these made her have more interaction with her human side. She liked to do things humans did, she wanted to be normal, but she couldn't, she would never be normal, she never was.

"The stories are about to begin." Jacob whispered to Ella.

Ella grinned. "I like those stories... I barely remember them, though."

"I think they're a bunch of hocus pocus." Jacob whispered. Paul sent Jacob a death glare. "What? It's not like the 'cold-ones' really exist!"

"Respect your heritage." Paul growled and he was vibrating like a chair. Ella pulled out and looked at Paul.

"You okay? You're trembiling, am I too cold?" Ella asked.

"No. You're fine." Paul said.

Ella decided to let it go and smiled lightly at Paul. She hugged herself, she didn't want-- hold the phone.

[Cold one? What did Jacob mean by the 'cold-ones'?] Ella realized and it showed in her face.

"Did you just have an epiphany or something?" Jacob teased.

Ella recovered and glared at Jacob.

"Shut it!" Ella pushed Jacob off his seat or log and he fell on the floor.

"Hey!"

"That's what you get." Ella stuck out her tongue.

"Meanie." He mumbled pretending to be angry.

Ella laughed.

Old Quil cleared his throat and sent a warning look to Ella and she pressed her lips together and closed an invisble zipper on her lips and threw the key behind her.

Jacob and Quil laughed at this and stopped when the Old Quil sent them a warning look.

"The Quileute have been a small people from the beginning..." And so Ella payed really close attention to the story of the Quileute. All that time Billy would glance at Ella to see her reaction.

Billy looked at Ella one more time.

[Will she be smart enough to put the pieces together?] He thought.

When Billy was done telling his story, Ella had so many questions in her head. Now, even a bigger question ran through her head.

[Was my father a werewolf?] She thought. She met Billy's eyes and he had some sort of satisfied look in his eyes.

[She put the pieces together, she is smart.] Billy thought.

Old Quil continued the rest of the story. This was about the third wife. Ella brought her eyes to fire and she let herself go back into the story.

Old Quil got to the point of the story that sent Ella shivers down her spine. She leaned over to Jacob. His mouth twitched into a smile.

"...They found faint traces of human scent, and human blood, along the trail. They were sure this was the enemy they were searching for."

[Blood?...No.] Ella thought.

Old Quil continued the story and Ella felt like her world was crashing down on her. All of this information was too much for her.

"His white lips were covered in her blood, and his eyes glowed red."

Ella's little hairs stood up.

[Vampires. They're talking about vampires.] Her eyes remained the same, she had to or else it would raise suspicion. So she listened again.

She heard how Yaha Uta shredded the vampire to pieces and how the body parts still moved. He took them back to his people and they burned the remains. A vile smoke pollutated the air. The ashes of the creature were put in a bag and the elder, Taha Aki, wore it around his neck. Billy showed it and Jacob scoffed and rolled his eyes secretly.

Ella smiled weakly, but she knew this legends to be true. Vampires did exist.

[But did that mean vampires and werewolves were enemies?] She thought. The Cullens never told her about werewolves, did they know about werewolves in La Push?

When Old Quil finished the story about the third wife. She thought about what the third wife did, she gave her life to save the people she loved. Though she was human and had no supernatural power she saved all of her people.

"Ella?" Jacob moved his shoulder which brought Ella back to reality.

Ella blinked and smiled sheepishly at Jacob.

"Sorry, doze off, for a bit." She scratched the back of her head.

"Don't tell me you believe these stories?" Jacob held back a laughter.

"It's not that I believe but... they're wicked stories. I mean...werewolves and vampires...mythical creatures. Both really cool." Ella tried to make it sound like it didn't matter to her.

"The story's not over," Jacob gestured to Old Quil.

"A bigger coven came, and your own great-grandfathers prepared to fight them off. But the leader spoke to Epharim Black as if her were a man, and promised not to harm the Quileutes. His strange yellow eyes gave proof to his claim that they were not the same as other blood drinkers. The wolves were outnumbered; there was no need for the cold ones to offer a treaty when they could have won the fight. Ephraim accepted. They've stayed true to their side, though their presence does tend to draw in others."

[Carlisle made a treaty with them? How long have the Cullens been in Forks?] Ella thought.

"Boo!" Quil tickled Ella's side but she didn't even flinch.

"Ow! Quil, I'm sensitive, I hate it when people poke me." Ella glowered at Quil and she playfully punched him. He was behind Ella.

"You didn't even flinch, you're no fun, Ella. You don't get scared." He whined.

"It would take a lot more than that to scare me, Quil." Ella assured.

"Right, whatever." He shrugged and went back to his seat across the fire.

Ella laughed.

"Jacob?" Ella asked.

"Mmh?" Jacob said turning to Ella. Her skin looked so beautiful with the fire hitting her like that. Her green eyes on the ground, she was thinking really hard. She wanted to rephrase her original question she had in mind.

"So...hypothetically if the the cold-ones existed, it means they can't come to La Push?" She asked, she looked at Jacob but Paul answered for him

"Yes, they're not allowed here."

"There's an actual border line or something?" Ella asked. "Hypothetically, of course."

"You can say that." Paul shrugged. "Do you have another question?"

[Yeah, what if you're only half?] Ella thought.

"No, I'm good, thanks, Paul." Ella put on her smile. "Wait...what if one passed the border line but didn't know about the treaty, what happens then?"

"I guess, you could say they get some kind of warning." Paul smirked a smirk that meant something bad.

"Right." Ella gulped.

"But they're just stories, Ella." Jacob chuckled.

Ella laughed nervously.

"I know...just asking. Curiosity." Ella shrugged.

Ella started to think. She looked over at Sam and Jared. She noticed how tall they were and how they were always warm like her father was. Could they be werewovles? But if they were why couldn't they smell the vampire in her? Was it because they smelled her human side?

She didn't know what to think. Times like these she would call Edward, but she couldn't anymore. She was on her own on this one, she couldn't ask Alice because then Edward would pick it up in her head.

***

Her dream consisted of something else this time. She didn't see the red eyes anymore, at least not James'. It was her own eyes she felt red.

She in the middle of a clearing. There was silence, an eerie silence in the air. She hears a growl behind her. Her body freezes and slowly turns around and something furry lunged at her.

The werewolf had its mouth wide open, prepared to take a chunk of Ella's body. Just when the big white teeth came into view Ella woke up, panting and her heart beating as fast as it could.

When she shot her eyes opened, she felt a presence in the room. She whipped her head to the window, but there was no one there. The window was left open and Ella knew it had been Edward who had been in her room.

Was he spying on her? Was he going into her dreams, again?

She wouldn't know now, so she went back to sleep.

Ella poured the milk on the ceral. She peeled a banana and chopped it into pieces and put it on the cereal. She went to the living room and curled her legs on the couch. She brought the control to her hands with her power and she smiled to herself.

"My powers rock." She said to herself. She turned on the tv. She watched some MTV and then switched to Fuse. After two hours of Fuse she started to see Cartoon Network.

She watched some old episodes of Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Ella was upside down the couch watching Courage the Cowardily Dog, when the door bell rang.

"Ella! Could you get the door?!"

Ella sighed and she flipped her legs over and landed on the floor on her stomach. She picked herself up and walked over to the door. She pulled her shirt down because it was showing her stomach.

She opened the door and there he stood. Edward. He didn't seem surprised to see her and she didn't put on a surprised look.

"Hey." She said in a monotone voice.

"Hey," He said returning the tone.

She stepped aside and gestured him to come in, he does.

"Bella's in the kitchen." Ella gestured to the kitchen and started to walk away but his arm stopped her. She pulled her arm back and she didn't expect him to let go but he did.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked.

Ella bit her lip.

"I'm not mad, I just don't like to be man-handle." She lied about the first part.

He looked like he had something on his mind.

"Is there something you want to say?" She asked, impatiently.

He shook his head, reluctantly.

"Okay, then."

The house phone began to ring and Ella walked past him and picked up the phone.

"Hello?!" She answered as happily as she could.

"It's Josh!" Josh said.

"Hey, Josh!" Ella emphasized his name for Edward.

Edward walked to the kitchen to see Bella. He smiled at her and he could hear her heart beat so fast. It went even faster when he brought his lips to her. He stopped himself before he would lose control.

Then Ella yelled.

"Going out with Josh! Tell me when he gets here!"

Edward heard her go upstairs.

"When did Ella get back?" He asked Bella as he sat down on the chair.

"Two days ago. Just before you left hunting." Bella had to strain the word 'hunting' out of her throat.

Edward caught it and ignored it for her sake.

A few minutes later the door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Edward said smoothly. He walked to the door and immediately heard Josh's thoughts. Josh was thinking of Ella's lips on him. And of course what every horny eighteen year-old boy would think. Sex.

It hurt Edward to have other men think of Ella like a toy, but Josh didn't think that way, luckily.

"Oh, hey, Edward." Josh said, confused as to why he was there.

"Hello, Josh." Edward stepped aside so he could enter. "Ella's changing."

"Oh, 'kay, guess I'll wait in the living room." Josh walked to the living room and Edward kept his eyes on him. Josh felt a bit intimidated by him and tried to not make any sudden movements.

"I'll go tell Ella you're here, Josh." Bella said going up the stairs.

"I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my giiiiiirrrrrrrlllllll. I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for...myyyyyyyyyy.....giiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrllll." Ella was singing 'Hypnotize' by SOAD as she finished her eyeliner in the mirror.

"Ella." Bella said knocking on her door.

"Yeah?!" Ella yelled over the loud song that came on next it was 'Fuck the System' by SOAD of course, she had a whole playlist on her computer of SOAD.

"Josh is here!"

"Thanks." Ella said turning off the speakers of her computer and then turned off her computer. She got her new hoodie she got in some mall in Fresno. Ella rushed down the stairs. "Let's rock and roll, Josh!"

Edward turned to Ella and tried not to look amazed. She looked so hot.

"You said dress formal, right?" Ella asked.

She was wearing a dress. It was white with black designs around the dress. The designs were the original vines and a flower here and there. It reached just above her knees. Her hair color was now a fading orange and looked brown-ish now, her original color.

"Ye-yeah." Josh stuttered.

Ella smiled. "Right, so let's go and meet the parents."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, please comment!!!! Just tell me what you think of the story... be specific, please and I'll loves ya forever and ever.... \../^^\../