Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

The Sickness Is Rising

Ella did her homework fast. She could feel the urge inside of her getting stronger and living with two humans wasn't helping at all. She changed into some more comfortable clothes--sweats and a shirt--and she walked down stairs.

"Uncle Chuck, I'm gonna go out for a while, is it all right?" Ella peeked her head in the living room and Charlie turned his body around to see whom was talking to him.

"Uh, sure, be safe though, Ella." His eyes were concerned. He didn't why she wasn't grieving like she's suppose to, like regular people. She just lost her parents, she watched them die and then... what did they did to her... they raped her; she shouldn't be so cheerful, she shouldn't be hiding her pain behind a smile.

"Thanks Uncle Chuck." Ella headed back upstairs and peeked into Bella's room. "Yo, Bella."

"Yeah?" She was on her bed listening to some music.

"I'm gonna be gone for a while, so I won't come back until like ten or something." Ella said.

"Why so late?" Bella wondered.

"Going to meet up some friends." Ella lied

"Oh, okay then." Bella gave her a smile which Ella returned the same way. "I was hoping we could catch up."

"Later, 'kay?" Ella said.

"Yeah, later." Bella said.

With a bit of shame in her conscience, Ella walked out of the house, she hated lying, but this was the only way, she didn't want them to find out what a freak she was; she's dangerous, every second she spends with them is danger.

Ella wonders deeper in the woods this time, she didn't want to leave a track or some kind of pattern. When she ran Ella felt more free, she noticed how she's only her true self when's she's alone. Ella didn't stop running until she was at the top of the cliff. She admired the view and then ran some more, she didn't know exactly where she was going but she let her instinct take over.
She found some food (aka blood) and she drained it dry. She felt her eyes go back to her normal green and she felt like she was able to be around humans again.

Ella started to look around and found out she had no idea where she was.

[Damn!] She thought as she bit her lower lip. [What do I do now?]

She ran for a few seconds and found a house. It was a huge house, it seemed really old. There was lights on, Ella checked her watch... 10:56pm, it read.

[Crap, I need to call Uncle Chuck.] Ella thought. The house was pretty far away from town, so she wondered whom lived here. It was also very well hidden. She looked around the house and found out that it was pretty old. The architecture of the house was at least two hundred years old.

Ella knocked on the door twice. She waited patiently for an answer. She heard the steps of someone approaching the door. It swung open and Ella looked into a pair of golden eyes and she puts on a smile. The man had sleek blonde hair and his face structure so perfect, he looked around his twenties, his posture said a lot about him, he was confident and... strong.

"Yes?" His voice was so smooth.

"Hi, I'm sort of lost and um... I was wondering if I could use your phone to ask my Uncle to pick me up?" Ella had a sincere look.

"Yes, sure, come on in." He opened the rest of the door opened and gestured his hand to enter, Ella stepped in and found out the room was cold so she gave out a shiver. "Who is your Uncle?" The man started walking to a room, Ella assumed it was the living room.

"Charlie Swan, the Chief dude." Ella followed the man into the living room.

"Ah, yes, Chief Swan nice fellow.... he's your Uncle?" He asked.

"Yeah, from my mom's side." Ella said.

"Well, I'm Carlisle Cullen." He introduced himself.

"Cullen? As in you're the father of Eddie--I mean Edward Cullen?" Ella raised an eyebrow and carlisle let out a laugh.

"Edward let's you call him Eddie?" He was surprised.

"Yeah." Ella said.

"Well that's a first." said carlisle.

"Honey, what is going on?" A women came in, she was beautiful too, Ella couldn't believe this many beautiful people lived in one house, the women had brown eyes and chestnut hair.

"Esme, this... sorry I didn't get your name, dear?" carlisle said.

"Ella, what are you doing here?" Edward's voice came from the bottom of the stairs. He walked ever so smoothly towards the living room.

"Eddie!" Ella beamed. "I sort of got lost while I was talking a walk around the woods." Ella chuckled nervously as she lied to them.

"Eddie?" said Esme she cocked an eyebrow.

"This Ella, Bella's cousin, she just moved here." Edward said. "I'll give her a ride home."

"Thanks, Eddie, but I need to tell Uncle Chuck or he'll have the FBI looking for me." Ella walked over to the phone. She dialed the number she had memorized, it was the same number as ever.

"Hello?" Charlie's voice was worried.

"Yo Yo Yo Uncle Chuck, I'm alright, I got lost but one of the Cullen's is giving me a ride home. Sorry for worrying you, if you are worried." Ella didn't like to lie, but they were white lies.

"No, I'll go and get you." Charlie said.

"Nah, it's all right, Eddie is going to give me a lift." Ella retorted.

"No, I'm coming to get you now." And with that Charlie hung up the phone. Ella moved the phone away from her ear and looked at it funny. She shrugs.

"He says he's coming to pick me up." Ella hung up the phone. She turned to the Cullens and found out most of them were looking at her: Alice, Edward, Esme, Emmet and carlisle.

"Oh, okay then." said carlisle. "Take a seat while we wait for him then."

"Pardon for being such a burden, I thought I remembered this place, but I guess I was wrong." Ella scratched the back of her head in embarressment. Then, her eyes landed on the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.... a piano. Her jaw dropped a couple of centimeters. She gawked at the master piece.

Edward looked over to Ella and found her mouth slightly opened, she was looking across the other room, she was looking at the piano.

Edward smirked. "Like what you see?"

"I love it. Do you mind if I go have a look?" Ella looked over to carlisle.

"It's Edward's decision, it's his after all." Ella whipped her head to Edward.

"You play the piano?" Ella was shocked.

"It hurts my feelings that you're so shocked." Edward had a faked hurt look on his face it made Ella smile. "And I don't mind if you touch."

Ella giggled and jogged to the other room. She touched the ivory keys. "It's so beautiful? Is it a 1926?"

"1925 actually, but good guess. You play the piano?" Edward cocked an eyebrow.

"'It hurts my feelings that you're so shocked.'" Ella tried to mock Edward's masculing voice.

Edward chuckled. "Sorry, you just don't look... the.... type to like classical instruments." He chose his words carefully.

"What? Because I wear eyeliner and skinny jeans all of a sudden it makes me an idiot about classical music?" Ella gave her most hurt look.

"I didn't mean to insult you---" Edward started.

"HA! Gotcha!" Ella laughed and pointed at Edward whom was just realizing she was faking.

"Ohhh, I'll get you back for that one." said Edward with a warning look.

"We'll see about that Mr. Cullen's." Ella took the bench seat of the piano and touched the key boards.

=======Flashback======

"Ready honey?" Rose Mary said, Ella's mom.

Ella was about eleven years old and it was time for her recital. She was going to play Mozart's master piece and she was freaking out.

"Mom, what if I mess up?" Ella was beginning to panic.

"You're going to do great honey bun." Her father---Jack---placed a hand on her shoulder. Ella looked up at her father with a worrying look.

"Don't laugh if I mess up, okay?" Ella said.

"Ella, you're the next Beethoven, you have a gift. You're going to do just fine." Mom gave her an assuring smile.

"Thanks mom." Ella smiled at her parents.

"We love you, Ellie."

=====End of Flashback====

"Are you all right, Ella?" Edward's voice brought her back from her painful memory. When she came back she noticed her hands were just above the keys of the piano and they were shaking madly. Ella took her hands and interlocked them and set them on her lap.

"Yeah, totally." She backed up her lie with a smile.

Edward tried to read Ella's mind again, but nothing would happen. It was difficult; he wanted to see what she thinks but he could never get anything, he knows she's hiding something behind that sweet smile, something awful but he can't look into her mind.

"So, do you play?" Ella tried to sound cheerful.

Edward's crooked smile, made Ella feel something inside of her, but she shrugged it off.

"Of course." He said as he sat next to Ella. He placed his long fingers on the keys and began a sweet melody. Ella closed her eyes and pictures of her mother playing the piano for her on her birthdays. Her mother teaching her how to play the piano. Now, she was never going to have her mother play the piano at her birthday, this pained her so deeply.

A cold finger traced her cheek, she opened her eyes and found Edward's finger wiping a tear off Ella's face; she didn't even notice she had been crying.

"Sorry." Ella said wiping the rest of the tears away. "I hate it when I get all emotional, I hate feeling weak in front of people."

"But that's what makes you human." Edward's voice was soft.

"I stopped being human four months ago." Ella voice was smooth and soft, she didn't look at Edward as she said that but Edward had a surprised look.

[What did she mean by that?] Edward wondered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit to Disturbed 'Down with the Sickness'