Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Big Foot

"You're grounded missy." Charlie barked at Ella on their way back home.

"But Uncle Chuck--" Ella started but Charlie interrupted her.

"No more going out, I have to take care of you." He wanted to keep Ella safe; she was the only memory he had of her beloved sister, if he lost her he'd never forgive himself.

"Uncle you don't understand---"

"Ella! Please, listen to me. I have to keep you safe; you could've been attacked by a bear or a mountain lion." His tone was serious and Ella knew there was no way of convincing him other wise.

She threw her head back hitting the seat in frustration. How was she going to tell him she needed to get out?

[Uncle, I'm a vampire and if I don't drink blood from a poor animal I'll have to take it either from you or Bella... yeah, that'll work.] Ella pulls her hood up and crosses her arms on her chest and pouts like a little child.

"Elean--" Charlie was going to say her full name...

"Ella! My name is Ella." She snapped at her Uncle without as so much as looking at him. She resented that a few seconds after.

[He's only trying to protect you, Ella] She told herself. [He should be protecting himself... from me.]

Charlie parked the car and without a word to her Uncle she opens the door and storms inside the house. She slams the door behind her and stomps to her room; once more she slams the door. She goes over to her stuff and finds one of her old punk Cd's. She walks over to her stereo and flips the top to place the CD in. She grabs a pair of headphone and places them over her ears; she turns on the volume to the max. She slowly drifts into sleep and starts to dream....

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\

Edward doesn't sleep so he went over to Bella's room and watch her sleep. He found this comforting; he looked at the bed stand... 2:30am it read. He watched Bella's chest rise and fall in a steady motion.

[Help me!] A voice inside his head said. He whipped his head up but there was no one in the room. His eyes moved around the room rapidly; looking for someone but... nothing. He shook his head.

[I'm imagining things.] He told himself.

"Edward." Bella muttered clearly, this brought a smile to his face; he loved it when she said his name in her sleep.

[Please! Help me!] The voice was louder this time and Edward knew he wasn't imagining things. [Help me.] The voice was just above a whisper.

Edward moved; his steps made no noise as he walked across the room. He turned the knob of Bella's door and stepped outside a dark hall way.

[HELP!!] Edward covered his ears because of the scream inside of his head.

[Okay, it's a female and it must be coming behind this door.] It was the door next to Bella's room and it was to the left of Edward.

Edward faced the door of the room and he was... nervous? Yes, he was nervous to find out what was behind that door. He slowly turned the knob of the door and it creaked as he opened it, he quickly entered the room. The first thing he noticed was the mess in the room; there were clothes everywhere, shoes and some socks here and there.

[Noooooo!!] The voice screamed once more in Edward's head which gave him some sort of headache.

"No." A voice muttered and there was movement of a bed. Edward whipped his head at the person; he quickly recognized the bright red hair.

"Ella?" He mouthed her name not wanting to make any noise and wake Charlie.

Edward watched as Ella turned and tossed on her bed uncomfortably. Her breathing was fast and her heart rate was high.

[I can read her mind. I can enter her mind] Edward thought, he closed his eyes and concentrated on Ella's mind.

Soon, he felt himself inside Ella's mind. When he opened his eyes he was facing a house. He was at the street the neighborhood looked dangerous; in the distance Edward could hear the sirens.

"AHHHHH!!!" A screamed echoed through out the house. Edward looked at the house with worried eyes. His instinct told him to move and so he did he went inside of the house. It was a simple home as he looked around with fast eyes he saw a piano and near it a shelf full of medals, recognitions and trophies his eyes quickly read Ella's name on all of them. He was shocked by her achievements.

"STOP!!" Ella's voice screamed it was coming from upstairs of the house. Edward had to walk them up because he couldn't use his super speed in Ella's memory. This seemed wrong to him, but he was eager to find out what had happened to her. "MOM!"

"ELLIE RUN!" A male's voice boomed. Edward looked to his right as he had reached the top of the stairs; everything went to black and white. A door busted open and out came a bloody covered Ella. Her expression had so much fear and fright in them, who would've guessed a girl whom always had a smile had gone through this.

"DADDY!!" She screamed as she looked at the room, then her face became more horrid--if plausible--she started to sprint towards me, but then she was pinned to the right side of the wall which was to Edward's left. "Nooo!!!"

Edward was forced out her mind, she must've woken up. Edward quickly disappeared.

Ella woke up; she held her hand over her chest trying to stop the hyperventilating. She groaned and dropped her head back to the bed.

[Stupid dreams, why can't I be like a normal vampire and never sleep?] She thought she didn't want to keep having these nightmares.

When she was able to go back to sleep it was time to get up.

She dressed in a pair of black ripped jeans and a Lucky Charms shirt she got a Hot Topic. She tied her old Converse, she got one of her other sweaters, this one was of broken heart in black in white.

Ella threw the strap of her messenger bag of her shoulder. When she entered the kitchen she found Bella quickly rushing through her cereal.

"Someone's in a hurry." Ella smiled at Bella. Bella yelped in surprise and Ella laughed at her reaction. "Chill, it's me beloved cousin."

"I didn't hear you go down the stairs." She glared at Ella. [I hate it when she does that.] She thought.

Ella grinned. “That’s because I have super ninja skills." Ella did a Kung Fu position by standing on one leg. "Wahhh HA YA!" She did a fake brick chop in mid air. "See, super ninja skills."

"You haven't changed one bit, Ella." Bella chuckled.

"You know what they say, don't act your age; act your shoe size." Ella pointed her shoes; she brought one leg up to her face. "And I'm 7 and a half."

"Mmh that makes me eight." She frowned.

"Big foot." Ella teased and Bella glared harder. "Well I have to go to school, I think you too."

Ella happily--fake of course--walked out of her new home, she spotted the silver Volvo and waved at Edward eagerly.

Edward didn't know exactly what to do so he merely returned the wave and the smile back to Ella. He was determined to find out what she was hiding. He couldn't read her mind while she awake but when she was sleeping her mind is more vulnerable and easier to read, so his plan is to return tonight and find out what happened to Ella, or he could ask her, but he rather not put her in an awkward position.

[How am I going to say it anyways? 'So Ella had any weird nightmares lately like about you getting attacked?'] Edward shook his head.

Ella could feel Edward's eyes on her, she looked at the expression on his face, and it looked like he was in deep thought. Bella shoved past her.

"That's what you get for calling me big foot." Bella smirked as she walked over to the silver Volvo and woke Ella from her thoughts.

Ella grinned at Bella. "Then you're not denying it."

Bella scoffed. "Whatever."

"Nice comeback." Ella stuck her tongue out; she turned on her heel and walked to the truck.

“Class be quiet or I’ll start giving out detentions.” Mrs. Mosley yelled at the students. The class suddenly became quiet; Ella took her seat still laughing at Aubrey’s joke.

“Ms. Swan, would you like to tell us what is so funny?” She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at Ella sternly.

Ella chuckled at her look. “Well, I was thinking about something… it’s a bit rated R, unless you want everyone to know I could just tell you about the sex dre--“

“No need!” She raised her hand in the air and stopped Ella from going further. The class laughed and Ella smirked at the teacher as her cheeks got red. “Well, get with your partners and start working on your project.”

There was movement of chairs and desks. Ella only had to pick up her desk and move it over to her left and she faced her partner Emmet Cullen.

“So, partner, what are we going to do our project about again?” Ella rested her chin on her hands as her elbows were on her desk; Ella gave Emmet a smile.

Emmet looked at the girl; he had never seen that much spark in a girl. He smiled at himself as he intensively watched Ella.

The bell rang and the students placed the chairs and desks back where they belonged. Ella gathered her things and shoved them in her messenger bag.

“See you around, Emmet.” She flashed him a wide smile before leaving the classroom with Josh.

“Let’s go.” Josh said as he took Ella’s arm and linked it with his.

Ella and Josh entered the classroom and took their seat together. Ella was too distracted talking to Josh to notice that Jasper took his seat next to Ella.

Jasper tried to keep a calm face but her smell was driving him crazy, never had a mortal smelled so strong.

“Class today we will be learning the making of the American Constitution. Who wrote the Constitution?” Mr. Milder placed his hand behind his ear signaling them to say out loud.

“Thomas Jefferson!” The class echoed.

“James Madison!” Ella shouted towards the end; she gave a weak smile, she hated to sound smart.

“Correct, Ms. Swan, it was James Madison, who wrote the Declaration of Independence?”

“THOMAS JEFFERSON!” The class said in unison.

The teacher began to talk about the subject and Ella began to day dream, she had already learned this and hated to repeat things. All of a sudden she notices the boy sitting next to her.

“Hey, you’re Jasper right? Eddie’s brother?” Ella whispered to Jasper. He didn’t look at her as he responded her.

“We’re not really brothers. We’re all adopted.” His voice gave no sort of emotion.

“Oh.” Ella nodded her head.

“Edward let’s you call him… Eddie?’ He hesitated as he said ‘Eddie’.

Ella smiled at Jasper's sudden feeling to talk to her. “Yup, because I’m special like that, plus he’s really cool.” She gave him a wink.

“You’re nothing like when your cousin first came here.” He admitted sheepishly.

Ella raised an eyebrow. “Really, how?”

“She looked like she didn’t want to be here.” He chose his words carefully. He finally looked over to Ella; she had on a curious look.

“I look like I want to be here?” She looked at Jasper straight in the eyes.