Aliens and an Angel

The Unusual Girl

An old, ancient cemetery now lightly covered by the swamps of Louisiana had become abandoned. A dark skin woman treaded lightly through the ankle high water. Her black dreadlocks hanged down her back, her dress looked like it belong to the swamp around her. She froze when she felt a power surge through the cemetery.

On the other side of the cemetery a small hand pushed through the mud, another soon joined it. Both pushed on the ground sending power through it, lifting a small, nude female body out of the grave. Her dark waist hair was filthy, dirty white feathers scattered across her body, two open slashes on her back at her shoulder blades. When she lifted her head her eyes glowed, her right eye a neon purple, the left a neon green. She lifted her whole body out, looking around her.

The woman appeared before the girl. Girl's eyes grew wide in fear. The woman gently bent down to the kneeling girl's level.

"Hello little one." Whispered the woman

The girl said nothing.

The woman tilted her head in confusion. Take the girl's chin in her hand she inspected the girl.

"Odd eyes little one." She said. "Do you understand me?"

The girl slowly nodded.

"Good girl. Do you know how you got here?" The woman asked

The girl shook her head. The woman picked up one of the feathers that clinged to the girl. The woman notice blood. She stood slowly walking around the girl, seeing the slashes.

"An Angel." The woman whispered

"Angel?" Came a sweet voice that sounded like small bells on a small breeze.

The woman looked down to see the girl looking at her head tilted in confusion. "So you speak."

The woman put her hand on the girl's forehead.

'What are you doing?' Whispered the sweet voice in her mind

The woman, startled, removed her hand. "Interesting. I am reading you. May I?"

The girl nodded. The woman once again rested her hand on the girl's forehead, closing her eyes. What she saw didn't make sense. She saw six bunnies within her minds eye. Each a different color, red, pink, white, yellow, green and blue.