I Guess You Can Call These...

White Sparrows, Black Arrows

After we left the diner we held hands as we walked to our street.
We laughed as we picked out our children’s names, like we often do. I know I’m going to marry her, she’s perfect.
As I admired her beautiful smile she leaned over and kissed me.
“I’m the luckiest man on earth,” I whispered to her.
She grinned as we continued.
The storm clouds rolled in and we hurried out of the rain.

Months later, she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
My life turned into waiting.
I sat by the phone and waited for the doctors to call to tell me that she was alright.
The phone rang and it was the hospital, they told me that my love wasn’t coming home. They said that they will give her one more day.
I raced down to the hospital and hurried to her room.
She smiled weakly at me and took my hand.
“I love you,” were her last words to me. I kissed her and she slowly died in my arms.

Her clothes are still in our closet and everything time the phone rings it gives me chills.
I walked down our old street and sit in out old diner, remembering the times we had together.
Today I hold her casket walking to the grave dark clouds eclipse it feels like the sun won’t shine again.
As I stand up in front of her, our, family and friends I sallow my tears. “No, I’m not looking for answers, but Dear God why did you choose her? White sparrows fell from heaven and carried her away. Black arrows cut the strings of my heart, I kneel and pray. They gave her one more day to say the words I couldn't say. I'm crying in pain! Our love will remain! I'm crying in pain,” I sobbed.