I Guess You Can Call These...

You Had Me At Hello…

I sheepishly walked into my first college class of the morning. I quickly glanced around before my teacher handed me a piece of paper: the class syllabus. I smiled at him before heading to the back of the classroom. I focus better in the back of the class than the front. I took a seat and put my bag down.
I sighed and looked over the syllabus. The class looks like a lot of fun.
As I flipped the sheet of paper over, to read the other a side, a group of guys walked into the classroom, loudly. I looked up and smiled to myself. It amazes me how guys can connect with each other so easily, while girls take…
My thoughts were interrupted by one of the guys in the back of the group. He wasn’t as tall as the others; he had short brown hair, muscular arms, a great smile and a pretty great ass. He had to be the most handsome man I’ve ever laid eyes on.
I didn’t realize I was staring until he looked over at me. His smile seemed to disappear as his friend walked in front of him. He took a step back and looked at me.
I bit my lip and smiled a little. He smiled back at me as our teacher gave him the syllabus.
I looked down at the syllabus and tried to focus.
The group of boys moved to the back of the class and he sat in front of me.
I took a deep breath and sunk in my seat as our teacher stood up in front of the class.
His name was Mr. Anderson. He had to be in his late forties, but he was really energetic and acted like he was in his early twenties.
He began to call roll; when we said “here” we had to give a fun fact about ourselves.
“Kevin Jefferson?” Mr. Anderson said looking up from his roll sheet.
“Here,” said the handsome man in front of me.
“What’s your fact?” Mr. Anderson asked.
“I’m in a band,” he said nonchalantly.
Mr. Anderson smiled. “What do you play?”
“Bass,” he said, I could hear the smile on his face.
“Alright…” Mr. Anderson said. “Nicole Jettison?”
“Here,” I said sitting up straight.
“Give us a fact Ms. Nicole,” Mr. Anderson said as Kevin turned around to look at me.
I smiled a little. “I’ve lived in Australia for a year.”
“Really?” Mr. Anderson asked.
“Yeah…my dad lives there…for work.”
“Very cool,” he said before moving on.
I looked back at Kevin who was still facing me.
He had a slight beard growing in a long with a lip piercing. He smiled at me before turning around again.
I smiled to myself as I sunk in my seat again.
The hour flew by and Mr. Anderson dismissed us. I put my syllabus in my notebook before standing up.
“Hey…” I looked up at Kevin who was standing next to me. He folded up his syllabus and put it in his back pocket.
“Hi,” I said as put my notebook away.
“Nicole, right?”
“Yeah,” I said facing him. “Kevin?”
“Yeah,” he said smiling. “Where are you headed?”
“Um… I have fifteen minutes so I was just going to grab a coffee, do you want to join me?” I asked as we slowly walked out the classroom.
“I would love to. I have some spare time myself.”
As Kevin and I walked outside we talked and got to know each other. He’s the most amazing man I’ve ever talked to. He’s so funny and easy to talk too and very flirty.
Our little coffee outing after class turned into an everyday thing. Kevin and I would hang out at least three times a day and each day I could feel myself falling for him more and more.
*******
“Alright class, I believe I promised you a project. So! Grab a partner and a poet,” Mr. Anderson said as he dropped a pile of papers on his desk.
Kevin and I looked at each other and smiled. He winked at me as he got up to pick out our poet.
“As writers, we express ourselves in different ways. Some of us take from passed experiences others at the spur of the moment. I want you to take a poet and learn about their life and study their writing style. I want you and partner to get inspired I want all of you to write a poem about anything and everyone. The power point and essay from you and your partner are due in two weeks and your poems are due the week after that. You have the rest of the class time to work with your partner.”
Kevin smiled at me and moved his desk closer to mine. “So we have Maya Angelou as our poet.”
“She’s pretty awesome,” I said as I smiled and played with my necklace.
“So, what’s the plan?”
“We’ll research her this week and some time next week we’ll put the essay and power point together.”
“Sounds like a plan. How about my place? Pizza and beer?”
“Sounds good,” I said smiling.
Kevin winked at me and I felt myself blush as I looked away.
Kevin and I talked for the rest of the class time about how we were going to organize the power point and the essay before we were dismissed.
********
I hurried to Kevin’s dorm around six o’clock on Wednesday the following week. I knocked on his door before quickly fixing my hair.
“Hey!” Kevin said before hugging me tightly.
I hugged him back and rested my head on his chest to smell his cologne.
He always smelled so good.
“Let’s get to work on this essay,” he said leading me into his dorm.
We sat on his sofa and worked on the essay together while we filled up on pizza and a little beer.
Around eleven we finished our rough drafted.
“I’ll see you tomorrow I guess,” I said walking out of his dorm.
“Yeah,” he said leaning against the doorframe.
I smiled at him as he looked at me. Maybe it was my buzzed brain, but I moved closer to him. Kevin put his arm around my waist and we slowly moved closer together. I quickly walked out of his hold and gave him a sleepy smile. “Night Kevin”.
“Dream about me?”
“Of course,” I said laughing as I walked away.
******
Ever since that night there’s been some weird sexual tension between Kevin and me. We deiced to layoff the beer and finished the essay that weekend. The power point took move time to finish.
The night before our project was due I went over to Kevin’s house to finish up the project.
“Okay, we just have to finish up this last side,” Kevin said taking a bite out of his pizza.
“Okay,” I said sitting on his bed, sighing.
He looked over at me and smiled. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”
I froze and looked at me. A small smile went across my face. “No…”
“Well, you are and pretty sexy,” he said facing me.
I grinned and ran my hand throw my hair. “Have I ever told you how handsome and sexy you are?”
“No, you haven’t,” he said leaning closer to me.
“Well, you are and … I like you…a lot,” I said before biting my lip.
“Good,” Kevin said before kissing me.
It took me a while to finally kiss back. I pulled Kevin closer to me and ran my finger threw his hair. He pulled me closer to him and laid us down on his bed.
Before I knew it we were a naked and sweaty. Passionately making love to each other.
Kevin rolled off of me and we lied there in silence for a while, out of breath and in shock.
Kevin took my hand and laced my fingers with his for a while, before pulling me closer to him. Kevin kissed my cheek. “I’m falling for you…” he whispered in my ear.
I smiled. “I’m falling for you...” I quickly kissed him and we were back at it again.
******
Rock music blasted for the radio and I slowly rolled over as Kevin hit the snooze button.
“Oh shit!” he said getting out of bed. “We have a project due in thirty minutes.
“Shit!” I said getting out of his bed.
As I looked for my clothes I felt his eyes on me.
“Damn girl…” he said hugging the back of me.
“Now’s really not the time…”
Kevin quickly kissed me before we quickly dressed and wrapped up the project. Kevin saved it as I ran across campus to change clothes and we met at our classroom thirty minutes late.
“Sorry…”we said walking in as a group finished presenting.
Luckily we didn’t have to present today but our essay was due.
Kevin and I headed to our coffee cart in silence.
I ordered our usual and Kevin paid.
“So…” I said.
“You look pretty.”
I smiled. “You don’t look that bad yourself.”
Kevin kissed and held me close. “I think I should take you out of proper date.”
“I think you should,” I said smiling.
He grinned and we headed towards my next class.